@Roku - Please tell me what the **** you were thinking w/ Orianna. LONGEST POST EVER.

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flipsy

07-07-2012

I was going to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. I was honestly going to give you guys an honest try with this "buff", but you have officially made her absolutely ****ing worthless in every way.

In regards to her passive, I was glad to hear damage was getting boosted for them because from what I was told by people playing the PBE, Orianna was able to better trade off. The only issue here is that her passive was at where it was to better assist her with last hitting minions. She was meant to be a poking champion with The Ball, not her autoattack. She's already squishy as all hell, and making her rely on her autoattacks seems like a horrible idea. By increasing her damage, it definitely looks like you're trying to make Orianna players autoattack more, and put them in a more dangerous predicament if the player chooses to go on-hit/AS Orianna, which is absolutely inferior. Remember when Hecarim came out and every horrible build that ever came around regarding him was built around his passive? The same exact thing is true of Orianna. Her autoattack was FINE AS IT WAS. It was meant to slightly boost damage, not be a complete thing to depend on in order to make a viable champion.

In regards to her Command: Attack, lowering the cooldown was great. Lowering the GCD was also great and helped make The Ball more responsive with her W and R. However, there was a Red who justified that the .2 AP ratio removal from her Q and put into her W was absolutely incorrect. First off, you LOWERED the speed of The Ball. The lowering of the speed of The Ball completely counteracted the GCD buff...if anything, the tradeoff made the GCD absolutely pointless in comparison. I've played hundreds of games with Orianna, and this is a considerably noticeable nerf in-game to me, even if it is laughable on paper. I am a player who was all about pointing out the fact that Orianna has the highest skillcap in the game, so you need to be able to preordain where the enemy will be, but this reduction of speed on The Ball made her absolutely retarded and near-useless.

In regards to her Command: Dissonance, her AP ratio was already great. Alot of players were complaining it did no damage and Riot's response was not only do her attacks provide insane utility, but since they are all AOE-based attacks, the AP ratios are justified, and I, for one, WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREED. But by increasing the AP ratio on her W, it sounds like you guys want to make players play her as a straight-up nuker, always having to max W first to do even mildly comparable damage compared to other AP's. I, for one, have done a LOT of damage with Orianna before this patch, and even though she couldn't go 1 on 1 with other AP mids directly, her utility made her a great asset to almost any team. Now her Dissonance is her major source of damage instead of a hybridization of her Q/W.
-Personally, I used to max my Q in order to poke at champions like Cassiopeia, some Karthus', Annie, Fizz, Ryze, and a few Fiddlesticks.
-Personally, I used to rank up Q and W at the same time when facing some Ahri's, Galio, Morgana, Veigar, and sometimes TF.
-Personally, I used to max my W in order to stab at champions and slow them as much as possible to get more autoattacks in to secure the kill when facing Anivia, some Ahri's, Brand, Lux, AP Ezreal, Morde, and others.
This reduction of AP ratio from her Q and putting it into her W makes it almost mandatory to max W in order to keep up with tons of damage (Phreak wanted a new jungler or something?). The Q/W combo now needs to be done much more often if you're maxing W so much, and that was taxing on her mana before, now you need to do it in order for your damage to be viable again since her Q is god**** worthless.

Her Command: Shockwave...oh ho ho **** you for this one, Riot. Patch preview said these were gonna be buffs, but you sure as **** snuck this one in that made her a wasted pick. I understood that the .1 second cast time increase was to possibly counteract her global spell cooldown, but what was the exact point of the "◦Fixed: Shockwave no longer stuns units for longer than the duration of the movement"? She had hardly any stun to begin with (.5 seconds is nothing, and I've never heard anyone complain it stunned them for longer). Today was the first time I've ever thrown my mouse at the wall in frustration at the sheer wonder of how your Orianna team ever got hired and kept their jobs for more than a day. In my very first game today, I ult'd a Vayne, who while flying in the air with my ult, CONTINUED TO AUTOATTACK ME. There wasn't even a PAUSE in it. I couldn't believe it. Later on, I ulted a Lee Sin and Akali ganking me. As they were going threw the air, Lee Sin threw his entire combo, Akali continued to MotA and Shadow Dance to me while the ult was still going on. Great job, they moved the amount of the displacement as expected, but they kept going. No stuns, no hiccups in their AA's or skills...nothing. It doesn't make it any better that you idiots have yet to fix the terrain issue where if you ult someone and they're on what looks like the downhill slope going into the river, the ult misses them even though they're well within the graphic of the Shockwave. That's been going on since the graphics update and I'm not the only one noticing this ****, it just happens so rarely that it's hardly mentioned.

As for the QoL of this overall change to her (because it's an insult to say this was a buff to Orianna), you have dumbed the champion down. So far the only thing I'm seeing that is capable of withstanding the sheer onslaught of mana raping it takes to do a successful Q/W combination is to build an Athene's Unholy Grail right off the bat. In order to combat the lack of HP you'd get from the RoA, building an early Chalice, 2 Doran's Rings, level 2 boots of any player's choosing, and building either an AUG or Rabadon's seems like the ONLY way to go. You need the MR from the Chalice/AUG to compete since the RoA doesn't give any defenses other than HP (which you'd get from the Doran's Rings) and since you'll be using your autoattacks more you'll need more survivability, you need the mana regen from the Chalice/AUG to compete since the mana regen from the RoA isn't a constant regeneration and is therefore unreliable, and you need a Rabadon to even think of compensating for lack of damage to begin with.

Going RoA is now an inferior build compared to Chalice/AUG, and so there really is only 1 way to go. On top of that, the only way to really do damage is max her W first, whereas before this "buff", maxing her Q was a viable option depending on the champion. You gave her less viability, buffed the AUG to make it pretty much the ONLY ITEM SHE SHOULD GET 100% OF THE TIME, gave her no survivability while luring players into building into her passive...You ****ing made her into the next Ryze, but in the wrong direction. You changed Ryze in an attempt to "divert players from building the same exact item build and skill path on him so it doesn't seem so routine", but made it so that if you went the same exact item build and skill path on him, HE WAS STRONGER. With Orianna, you changed her...what?...in an attempt to "divert players from making diverse builds for Orianna and going multiple skill paths so it makes her seem more routine", but basically making any item build even more worthless than before.

So what I'm seeing is you're lowering the skillcap by making only 1 skill path viable, increasing her autoattack power in an attempt to make players go AA/AS route even though building around passives is a joke, and you're making only 1 skill her main source of damage. From what I see as of right now, the ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY thing you buffed was her W and E, but at the sacrifice of damage on her Q, unique building of items and skills, and overall viability in most team compositions. So honestly, what was going through your ****ing mind that you thought this "buff" was actually a buff, or that it would appease Orianna mains in any way, shape, or form, Roku? I myself am ****ing quitting as are a few of my Orianna comrades because you have made Orianna an absolute shell of what she used to be, and she's sub-par in everything. Remember how people used to say "X champion does Orianna's job better"? Well now they're right. She has **** for damage, you're causing her to have to be built a-la Ryze fashion with only 1 standard item build, only 1 standard skillset build, and you're basically reducing her skillcap and putting her **** near Eve tier in terms of champions who can do the job better. Please respond to this thread so you can explain yourself because right now NOTHING I have seen so far has done ANY justice to the absolute **** you've made Ori. Corin Reveck would be ashamed of the fact that you absolutely butt-raped his robotic daughter AND The Ball.

R.I.P. Orianna, after 4 nerf bats in a row.

Edit: 100 upvotes! Glad to see I make sense

MystDragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Rant is pretty accurate, if i do say so myself...

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Im going to reply to your retardedly long post with a short to the point one.

Her Innate was buffed, it now deals more damages, has 2 stacks instead of 3 and increases the damage you deal by 20% instead of 15%.
Her Q's damage was nerfed but made more responsive with a lower cd and global cd.
Her W's AP Ratio was increased.
Her E has an Increased cast range.
Her R was balanced.

Her damage potential is higher now and her Zoning is even scarier than before, she now only requires 2 hits on the enemy to increase all her damage by 20%.

If you want to complain about nerfs/buffs then get behind Soraka, Janna and Sona who have all been nerfed into the 'only viable because they're supports' stage.
Orianna is fine...

Flipsy

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
Im going to reply to your retardedly long post with a short to the point one.

Her Innate was buffed, it now deals more damages, has 2 stacks instead of 3 and increases the damage you deal by 20% instead of 15%.
Her Q's damage was nerfed but made more responsive with a lower cd and global cd.
Her W's AP Ratio was increased.
Her E has an Increased cast range.
Her R was balanced.

Her damage potential is higher now and her Zoning is even scarier than before, she now only requires 2 hits on the enemy to increase all her damage by 20%.

If you want to complain about nerfs/buffs then get behind Soraka, Janna and Sona who have all been nerfed into the 'only viable because they're supports' stage.
Orianna is fine...
Your reading comprehension skills are lacking, then.

KesslerCOIL

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsy View Post
Your reading comprehension skills are lacking, then.
You play Orianna but have you ever actually versed one?
Their zone is scary as **** and her Ult can make escape impossible, she also has a ton of poke.
But one thing i do agree with is that the AP ratio nerf on her Q was a little high.

Flipsy

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
You play Orianna but have you ever actually versed one?
Their zone is scary as **** and her Ult can make escape impossible, she also has a ton of poke.
I have yet to ever lose to an Orianna. Ever. The times I've played against an Orianna as Orianna were maybe...8 times total (I stopped playing Blind Pick awhile ago), and of those 8, I died to the enemy Orianna a total of 4 times, dominated them, and 6 of them even asked about my build and playstyle because I wiped the floor with them everywhere they looked.

When I play as another champion against an Orianna, I already know her ranges, know her skill damages, know when to stay away, know her movements when she's going to try and blindside me with an ult so her jungler can gank. I seriously have never lost to an Orianna in my time playing League.

KesslerCOIL

07-07-2012

Fun Fact: Orianna wasnt made as an AP Mid champion.

Flipsy

07-07-2012

Fun Fact: clearly you weren't born with a brain. You wanna tell me she was made to be support?

KesslerCOIL

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsy View Post
Fun Fact: clearly you weren't born with a brain. You wanna tell me she was made to be support?
No, just because she's AP it doesnt mean she was made to play mid.
Just like how Irelia has good ratios on her abilities but everyone plays her as a Bruiser.

Daemon Mephisto

07-07-2012

Ori can be played as a mid or as a support. I've played her since the changes and I can't say she's been hurt at all. She has exactly the same viability as before and possibly even more now that Athene's Unholy Grail, an item made for champs like her, has been buffed,

1234511 ... 20