Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Login screen black

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avidspartan1

07-07-2012

So I've had some problems today with the new patch. The problem I have right now is that the login screen is black. I tried:

- deleting the lol_air_client folder and repairing (via setup.exe)
- uninstalling everything (pando, league, air), then reinstalling (installing air first)
- using the "repair" option on the LoL launcher

If anyone is having this problem or has any other fixes I could try, I'd appreciate it.

avidspartan1

07-07-2012

FIXED - I deleted the C:\Riot Games\League of legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher and lol_air_client (and any other air clients you have), then patched on the EUW server (don't know if that helped or not) and it worked. THANK GOD.

Ancalgon

09-28-2012

Just wanted to let you know this helped me fix it!

I had a weird problem when I started up my computer today, there was a power surge and it reset my clock back to factory settings somehow and that messed up all my SSL certificates and whatnot. So after resetting my clock and deleting the folders it now works!

Thanks alot matey.

Scorpion227z

02-10-2013

This helped allot, Thank you

wubanger

02-16-2013

Quote:
avidspartan1:
FIXED - I deleted the C:\Riot Games\League of legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher and lol_air_client (and any other air clients you have), then patched on the EUW server (don't know if that helped or not) and it worked. THANK GOD.

this solution helped fix the same problem i had. thank you so much!

Saradin Carm

05-03-2013

Thanks a bunch, this helped me out.

RealSlaya2713

07-19-2013

i haved tried but mine still does not work. do you have any other solutions that may work?

GAMEPANDA123

Recruiter

05-26-2014

Quote:

THANK YOU IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!

dearis85

06-27-2014

Still no difference for me (

Lord Bugjuice

09-01-2014

Quote:
avidspartan1:

Greetings! Thank you for the solution- it worked for me, even a couple of years later. I re-patched in the US servers, but I deleted the folders as you suggested. I hope this eliminates the general instability I've observed as of late.