Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jayce and Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monarchk

07-07-2012

I don't know why, but I have a feeling like Jayce and Lux could be a good couple, similar to Ashe and Tryndamere. Their marriage could serve as an alliance between Demacia and Piltover as well as a way of seeing harmony between science and magic. It would make for some interesting new directions to explore, lorewise, if say, Garen didn't approve of the wedding. Then Garen and Jayce could be enemies, but also brothers-in-law. That would be an interesting dynamic.

Plus, you could have Viktor object to their wedding, then steal the wedding bands with his acolytes.

Well, either way, I like seeing champions interact with each other in the lore, and I think this is a relationship I could actually imagine happening. Thoughts?

Eredaar

07-07-2012

Quote:
Monarchk:
I don't know why, but I have a feeling like Jayce and Lux could be a good couple, similar to Ashe and Tryndamere. Their marriage could serve as an alliance between Demacia and Piltover as well as a way of seeing harmony between science and magic. It would make for some interesting new directions to explore, lorewise, if say, Garen didn't approve of the wedding. Then Garen and Jayce could be enemies, but also brothers-in-law. That would be an interesting dynamic.

Plus, you could have Viktor object to their wedding, then steal the wedding bands with his acolytes.

Well, either way, I like seeing champions interact with each other in the lore, and I think this is a relationship I could actually imagine happening. Thoughts?

I think that while the ashe trynd marriage was necessary I feel those types of marriages where they don't love each other are wrong and should not happen

Frostywolf

07-07-2012

Quote:
Eredaar:
I think that while the ashe trynd marriage was necessary I feel those types of marriages where they don't love each other are wrong and should not happen

nowhere in the lore does it say they are unhappy with the union

Eredaar

07-08-2012

Quote:
Frostywolf:
nowhere in the lore does it say they are unhappy with the union

happy and in love are two different things... of course they are happy it saved both their people, but in no way does that mean they are in love

HonorableGeneral

07-08-2012

Quote:
Eredaar:

Marriage for the sake of love is actually a recent thing. While a lot of ancient epics portrayed marriage as occurring between lovers, marriage has always stemmed from solidifying the union between mates.

From an evolutionary standpoint, love is nothing more than the body's way of indicating to the mind subliminally that a person would make a suitable mate and would produce genetically superior offspring. The body, however, can be fooled - hence the presence of perfumes and make-up to increase the odds that someone is found compatible for mating by the body and therefore provokes feelings of love and lust.

Since the body can be fooled, and since nobility used to rule in the old days, arranged marriages were often done for political reasons and to solidify blood-lines by eliminating potentially inferior genes from the mating pool (political reasons usually won out over genetic ones - hence the fall of the Habsburgs in Spain).

Marriage for the sake of love only REALLY cropped up after the Feminist movement and equal gender rights began. At that point, marriage effectively broke off from being an evolutionary/political tool and became instead a tool of expressing affection.

Now I'm not saying that Runeterra has to be politically correct or anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if arranged marriages are the norm there since the whole fantasy, medieval feel ties better with arranged, nobility marriage than it does with the modern love marriage.

Not to say that love cannot blossom from arranged marriages, but it sure isn't the cause of the marriage.

Fffogolin

07-08-2012

I don't see why Lux or Jayce could marry to form some sort of political bond. Neither of them is linked to the royalty of their respective city-states. While two champions marrying could have some impact with the citizens of either city state it has no benefits politically, and as such I'd think highly unlikely that an arranged marriage would occur. Jayce and Lux don't seem to have much in common either, I wonder where this pairing came from...

Washada

10-27-2012

Isn't Exreal-Lux obvious? Around the same age, both all skillshot, and Ezreal is far cooler than jayce.

Cerubois

10-27-2012

Quote:
Washada:
Around the same age, both all skillshot

Because that's all it takes.

I won't say it wouldn't be impossible for Lux and Ez to hook up. But personally, I find the idea kind of boring. No dynamic. Lux, lost in self-pity, finds her true self by going on travels and exploring dungeons with cocky, childish Ezreal.

It's too simple. Lux is not that simple. Ezreal is. She'd get bored of him.

... Insert obligatory Riven x Lux comment here.