Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Urgot, the Carry Reversed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shedim

09-13-2010

Quote:
Rachmanin:
Edited to include use of the Manamune. It's a fantastic item.

It's not just fantastic, it's crucial for Urgot.

Khajeh

09-23-2010

How is manamune after the nerf?

Eskimaux

09-23-2010

Still a good item on him, just not as good. 3k mana means you get only get an extra 65 damage off the Manamune instead of 80. 1.2k gold for 65 damage is still pretty solid. Lately though I've been turning my Brutalizer into a Youmuu's and then building another Brutalizer to get myself to 40 CDR and 60+ ARPen, and if people are still standing then I follow up with the Manamune.

Another fun path is to build Mallet then Atma's; you get about 3k health and 3k mana, giving you 20 from Mallet, 60 from Atma's, 65 from Manamune and 15 from the Brutalizer, bringing you to an endgame of about 280 AD. That's really expensive though, and if you let the game run that long (or you're taking that many kills from your carry) you're probably doing it wrong. But it happens, and it's a solid endgame option. You're beefy enough to survive initiations (or sponge damage long enough for your team to win) and you hit hard enough to make carries want to get the hell away from you.

Captain Dildac

09-24-2010

I've found that building a Manamune/Atmas/Banshees/Frozen Mallet is an amazing core build on most melee dps champs and im assuming the same for Urgot. Damage from both your max HP/MP is pretty amazing and all the resistances get you to a little over 100 providing you with a 50% damage reduction from both Magic and Physical Damage. Im definatly going to try Urgot now i love it when people take champions previously thought worthless and turn them into very game changing underdogs, only reason i never played Urgot was that i didn't know much about him and some of my other friends had already started playing him in our premades and the like. Anyways, Kudos Rachmanin +1 :O

Kaye

09-24-2010

About the towers.
Now that towers won't change targets until the champion leaves tower range (Or is vlad..), if he hits you and you ult him into the turret without him leaving range, the slow will be applied and the turret will target him.
It's also a good idea to wait until there are 2 minions, fire your 'q' at one, ult them, hit 'w' and slow them and laugh.

Edit:
@ Starting items, instead of a meki pendant, I like to start with a doran's ring, it gives you a little of everything, which is lovely.
Also, brutalizer should be your first item, in my honest opinion.

Benadryl Jackson

Recruiter

09-24-2010

Excellent guide. Write more!

Scrumpy Jack

09-26-2010

I really regretted buying Urgot, but after reading this guide, and changing my playstyle a little, I think I'm going to work on giving him a second chance.

Eskimaux

10-08-2010

Something that's been on my mind lately is "what kind of team does Urgot fit into best?" I believe he's great for feeding his teammates (or KS'ing them lol) and making somebody on the other team hate his life.

But despite my clearly influential and widespread guide, people still think he's bad. Or, in Elementz' case, "hard to place on a team." So I'm going to edit the core guide soon with "who does Urgot work well with in a way that no other champion does?"

I've said it before, he does NOT carry the game (though you can certainly pubstomp that way if you want, it's where I get most of my IP nowadays). But there are some champs that get a LOT of mileage from having Urgot on the team for a variety of reasons. Among those champs are some of the most useful ones in the game, three of my favorite synergizers being Anivia, Warwick and Galio. If anybody cares to suggest and recommend certain lane compositions, teamfight synergies, or whatever that Urgot can enhance in a very specific way, please recommend it. I'll try it out and write it in.

Eskimaux

10-21-2010

Updated the first post with very relevant information.

Slowsand

12-27-2010

After this reading this, I got all excited and went out and bought Urgot. Saving was a pain, but rewarding. Anyway, Manamune is excellent and I usually end up with 150 Magic Resist, 250 armor and 230-ish damage. I love your build and your strategy! The only thing I would add that I read somewhere is when you're stacking mana, (3k) Strength of Spirit Masteries give you 9 health per second which is an amazing way to stay in a lane forever and late-game, running around from fight to fight is simple. I give this guide three thumbs up.