If you believe turtling is an issue, you're doing it wrong.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

There is truly nothing wrong with the turret. And turtling is honestly not a good strategy. It's only good against teams who don't understand why it exists on 3v3 and why you shouldn't let it happen.

I will quickly explain why:

By playing the game like it's 5v5 (i.e rushing to destroy inhibitors if you can) you are screwing yourself over.

Big reasons why you destroy the inhibitor in 5v5 is so that you can safely get baron / dragon while they defend their base. And with 5 people that global gold is worth more than the amount of gold the other team can get while farming ONE of three lanes.

In 3v3, all you can really do while they defend is take dragon, and for a quite a while after that they will be getting more gold / xp than you are. As such, it is wise if you are ahead to extend the lane phase and farm up rather than take the inhibitor.

The only time that is a good time to destroy the enemy's inhibitor is when you can push their nexus turret and DOWN IT. If all 3 of your team members die in exchange to destroy their nexus turret, you're doing fine. As long as the other team can't destroy your nexus turret in the time that your team is down, (I'm assuming they got a few towers to go through if you've already pushed into their base), then you can literally just rush the nexus afterwards and auto attack it for the win. Downing the nexus turret basically secures the game.

However, if you kill the inhibitor and are unable to destroy the nexus turret, you messed up.

TL;DR It's your fault for destroying the inhibitor prematurely, not the maps fault.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

o **** yall got told

Verdinate

07-07-2012

Pretty much. Well said.

kelidus

07-07-2012

Good advice. Too bad the general player base still wonders why I'm taking smite. This type of stuff will NEVER catch on.

Alumnik

07-07-2012

It's our fault to be punished by pushing, by not pushing all the way to the nexus turret?

Eryn

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMM View Post
It's our fault to be punished by pushing, by not pushing all the way to the nexus turret?
I don't understand your question.

TheVz

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelidus View Post
Good advice. Too bad the general player base still wonders why I'm taking smite. This type of stuff will NEVER catch on.
explain smite to me, im curious of how much help that can be

Eryn

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVz View Post
explain smite to me, im curious of how much help that can be
Let's you jungle. Means you have 2 solo lanes. Means you can take dragon.

Xentorx

07-09-2012

is there a particular route for jungling in 3's and is it advised in pub games where you dunno the other 2 people

Danilo Who

07-10-2012

I'm all eyes on the jungle O_o

12345 ... 7