[GUIDE] Mordekaiser: Fueled by Internet Rage

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clynche

09-03-2010

I love the post buddy, but one question: If you had to eat flaming poisonous cacti would it be with salt....or sugar?

Redenbacher

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipples McTwisty View Post
Haha, Awesome. I have been a fan of Morde for a long time now, although I have to (shamefully) admit that I have never played him.
BLASPHEMY! Get out of my thread!!!

... I kid Continue.

Quote:
I only have one or two questions about the guide I hope you don't mind clearing up.
You have questions, I have answers... this could work out.

Quote:
1. Why not get Q earlier? I have seen it used very effectively to farm/harass early game. I play Udyr and Kassadin more often than not, and I hate laneing against Kaiser for that skill more than any other reason.
To me, it comes down to reliability, and range. With Q, it scales of Melee damage, which I don't build in to. Also, guaranteeing one of the shards is going to hit the target I want to hit is not entirely controlled by me. I have to hope the enemy is in range of a closer target, and that there aren't 3 other targets closer than him.

I have grabbed it at 4 before, and used to do that... but then Siphon is left at level 1 for 2 more levels, and that's your primary burst shield generator while W is on Cooldown. It really came down to Level 2 W and E just always proved more effective harassment, farming, and shield regen than 1 Q, 2 W, and 1 E.

Quote:
2. I understand your reasoning that Morde has no taunts or other good tank abilities to make people hit him, so you have to tank through frustration. Everyone has had a game where they want nothing more than to nuke the hell out of some dumb **** that has not died once in the game and needs to be taught the meaning of DPS (seriously, everyone knows what I mean). Having said that, I disagree that Guardian Angel is something to avoid. Not only does it give you a nice bit or armor, and some magic resist on the side, but the ability to get up after death and support your team is invaluable on a tank. Lets face it, you will eventually die, especially if all goes according to plan and the whole enemy team is in your face. *Note* Same argument for Banshee's Veil and Thornmail. Maybe they shouldn't be under recommended items, but I think they are exactly what you are talking about when you say stay flexible.
I had the same argument with myself posting that... so allow me to clarify. Guardian Angel isn't necessarily ruled out, as you can read in the description. It is however, an end-game item that would be one of the last things you buy. If you find your effectiveness to take everything thrown at you is waning, fill your last slot with it, by all means. Respawn timers suck at level 18.

With Thornmail, same thing. Just don't open up with it... it's an end-game luxury item that's a curveball. If you grab it early game, they'll realize attacking you is a bad idea, and wiping a teammate is a better idea. If they've already focused on killing you late game, tossing that on will be unexpected, net you a kill, and them a nice long respawn timer.

Banshee's Veil I won't recommend. I understand it's uses, but it doesn't help you in raising threat at all, in addition to wasting gold on Mana. If you want more MR, Quicksilver Sash or Spirit Visage are better options.

Carados

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Banshee's Veil I won't recommend. I understand it's uses, but it doesn't help you in raising threat at all, in addition to wasting gold on Mana. If you want more MR, Quicksilver Sash or Spirit Visage are better options.
You're actually getting more then your moneys worth of health and MR if you want to sit down and do the math. It's a much more effective item in most cases then Force of Nature, considering any regeneration past "I can pay for my spells" is pretty much wasted cash.

Force of Nature is best on a champion who can zip in and out of combat quickly, Mordekasier needs to sit in the middle of a cluster**** to be effective.

Redenbacher

09-03-2010

I hadn't done the math on Banshee's Veil... I'm just slightly OCD when it comes to wasted stats . That's a good point though. I still feel it nerfs your threat level...

Regeneration in combat is wasted past spell cost, agreed. Regeneration in my opinion retains value once the battle is over, and I can continue to push/farm and be prepared when their respawn timer is up for the next fight, without heading back to base. I also appreciate the move speed boost, which is helpful both in and out of battle and really isn't on any other items Mordekaiser could make use of.

Slide

09-03-2010

Guides a hell of a lot better then all the other ones that have been put up lately.

Good job dude. Glad someone who understands Mord posted a guide.

I dont agree with absolutely everything, but most of what you say is spot on.

Arkzus

09-03-2010

While I do agree for the most part in what Carados said about getting Spirit Visage first, I do have to say that I was right about your guide. Good info all around, nice to see someone who really knows what they're talking about, and isn't suggesting **** like AD items. My personal build is quite different than the usual ones you see, but I agree with the viability of yours nevertheless.

Hinote

09-03-2010

I tend to run with a different skill order (Siphon over Creeping Death), but you raise a lot of good points and generally demonstrate a good understanding of the character, which is more than can be said for a lot of the people who've posted Mordekaiser guides lately.

Shamanb

09-03-2010

Really good guide, exactly the way I play him :P

It DOES work great.

Redenbacher

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Guides a hell of a lot better then all the other ones that have been put up lately.

Good job dude. Glad someone who understands Mord posted a guide.

I dont agree with absolutely everything, but most of what you say is spot on.
I think you were just as frustrated as I was with some of the other guides posted...

The frustration led me to writing this up, so I'm glad you approve for the most part

@ Everyone else: Thank you for the feedback

@Clynche: Neither. A1 Steak Sauce.

Slide

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I think you were just as frustrated as I was with some of the other guides posted...

The frustration led me to writing this up, so I'm glad you approve for the most part

@ Everyone else: Thank you for the feedback

@Clynche: Neither. A1 Steak Sauce.
Well you were in those threads too. Some teribads seem to think they should post guides.

Makes me nuts.

Mord does have a lot of leeway, but i think there is still a lot we all agree on as either being extremely good for him, necessary or totally worthless.

At least you had those right.

12345612 ... 13