Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] Mordekaiser: Fueled by Internet Rage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

11-29-2010

Quote:
NiftyNags:
Looks like nobody has posted in here for a while...

I've been using/loving your guide and having some pretty good games, but I noticed that my damage taken always seems to be really low. Pretty much every game I do the most damage and take the least damage out of everyone in the game. I'm a little worried this means I'm failing at being a sexy, metal tank, but it seems like I am taking more damage than the end-of-game graph is letting on... So the only thing I can think of is that Morde's shield does not count as taking damage. Anyone know if this is correct? Does it count as "damage taken" when someone grinds on his shield?

Hehehe, nope, it kind of got lost in the mountain of other guides falling in behind. It's a wee-bit outdated since the recent changes to Morde, but I still follow roughly the same suit. Thanks for the bump though

My biggest change from when I wrote this guide to now is that Rylai's, Randuin's, and Abyssal Scepter are core (except for extenuating circumstances like excessive stuns/silence/taunts) - just not in any particular order. Of course, in a perfect world I'd always like Randuin's first - but that's not always the case I've also become more fond of Lichbane as a late-game item when the team is already doing well, and damage is more favorable over mitigation/survivability.

I'm not sure about the shield counting as taking damage. I suppose it would not be, since the shield is expendable and it is not impacting your life total. I can't be positive on that, however... I haven't done any testing

As far as doing the most damage - remember that damage to minions counts in there as well. I've had very few games where someone did more magic damage than I, simply because of my CS.

Hadriel25

11-29-2010

I've never been a big fan of using sunfire capes, but under what situations would you use them as morde. What team comps or scenarios should be present to use them, thx.

Redenbacher

12-23-2010

I haven't been playing Morde as much as I used to... kind of burned myself out! Regardless, I felt it appropriate to go through and make some changes based on the recent patches. Some changes include a new version title, removal of Sunfires as a recommendation, incorporation of Lichbane, and some reorganization of the items in the priority that I use them.

I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas on the new Mordekaiser. I'm currently going to be in the process of testing out Hextech Gunblade. It sounds ridiculous on paper, but since the Mace changes, it may work - I'll keep you updated.

Quote:
Hadriel25:
I've never been a big fan of using sunfire capes, but under what situations would you use them as morde. What team comps or scenarios should be present to use them, thx.

I used Sunfire Capes when the team was stacked on silences and stuns, preventing me from charging my shield and dealing damage. However, since the patch to Sunfire that prevents stacking them - I no longer advise that strategy, and would rather have a Banshee's Veil.

Redenbacher

02-21-2011

I'm back on a Mordekaiser stint, and I've made some updates to the guide, regarding items, added 2v2 laning (as promised), and some other minor changes in the commentary.

Thanks again for reading

Shatterlight

02-21-2011

One of the most entertaining guides I've ever read, and you show the logic behind every point you make, rather than just telling what to do. If you havn't already, you should put this on mobafire, and maybe write some more guides

Do you have any thoughts specific to TT for Mordekaiser? Or is TT not your thing?

If you've already answered any of these, just say "learn to read the thread noob" and I'll go find it >.> Just not up much more reading after something like this, lol.

Redenbacher

02-21-2011

Thanks for the complements

I don't have any thoughts specific to TT Mordekaiser, to be honest. It's not really my thing, since the game is truly built around the 5v5 atmosphere, which I 'enjoy' most. However, the few games I have played on TT with Mordekaiser have incorporated the same items, and if memory serves it did well.

I've thought about writing more guides, but to be honest I don't feel I have the time behind any other champion to justify writing a guide on them. I wrote this one because I was playing nothing but Mordekaiser for a couple months, and gained a solid understanding of what he can do. Once I have that kind of time on another champion, I'll be sure to put together another guide on them

'Learn to read the thread noob' is not my thing either That's for trolls, and a Trundle I am not. I'll leave that to the instant-lock Yi's with names like 'Wtf Im a Noob'. Gotta love the LoL community!

Redenbacher

03-11-2011

Updated, Uploaded to http://www.leaguedb.com, and added Teamfight Tactics!

ML Shift

04-14-2011

What are your thoughts on Hexgunblade and such? While I agree theoretically with your items, I feel so vulnerably without my 25% spell vamp to heal me up.

Redenbacher

04-14-2011

My minimal testing with gunblade left me feeling squishy and undecided in what it was I was trying to accomplish. If nothing else, it's an excessively offensive luxury item, in my opinion.

I haven't tried it since the buff, but the numbers on Spell Vamp don't make it a worthwhile stat for me. Since all of Mordekaiser's abilities are AoE (even his ultimate is classified as such), you only receive 33% of the spell vamp you have. This translates to your 25% spell vamp only returning 8.3% of the damage done in health per target. In order to receive the full effect, you must hit at least 3 targets, and even then 25% doesn't add up to a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

Take Siphon for example.

It does 225 damage at level 5. Taking ONLY a gunblade in to account (granting +75 AP) it does 270 damage. Before any magic resistance.

At max, a single target hit with Siphon will only give back 22.41 HP. 3 targets hit, at max damage, will grant 67.23

You still haven't covered the cost of the spell (72 HP). Thus it only actually begins healing you at 4 targets hit or more, and that's assuming all of your targets have 0 magic resistance. The more MR, the more targets you need to hit to make it worth your while.

As a result, I have largely ignored spell vamp on Mordekaiser. It's great for champions that have large single-target nukes, but for an AoE spammer like Mordekaiser, it just doesn't pay off when you do the math. I'll have to do some more in-game testing and post back to see what it turns up.

Prince Naso

05-02-2011

Awesome guide , just had a game with Mordekaiser that went 27/9/13 following it.

Fun fact , Q on lone targets hits like a truck. On many ocasions they would try to solo me out only to have a Flash + Mace of Spades teach them a lesson in humility. One Syphon of Destruction later and they were running as if Khorne's Hounds were after them,