ITT: Random Pro-tips by YOU!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Rock

11-06-2009

If you're playing as Tristana, try switching to Teemo or Ashe. You'll be amazed how much damage this secret technique can inflict.

Malchik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

When Warwic gets his ultimate, if used right, it can be used to wreck other champs in your lane.

You have to have a speedy, whether by boots or his passive and you must have/be bait. You must also be pretty quick on the keys.

As soon as you hit level six, get your ult and slow down on the killing of creeps. Let the enemy push to somewhere near your turret. Bait them toward the turret, and I if the turret starts locks on to them and prepares to shoot. Immediately use your ultimate. You are invincible while using it and the combined damage from the two or three turret shots they take plus your ult will bring them to amazingly low health. If you were the bait, you will have a fair bit more health than you did and you should be able to chase them down and use your Q attack to finish them off.

Mylar

11-06-2009

If you are really good at juking, or if you are playing one of the stealth characters, you can help push multiple lanes early in the game.

Go into the enemy's jungle and intercept their minion waves between the two lane towers.

Advantages:
1. You kill an entire wave of creeps for all the lasthitty gold goodness.
2. Because the lanes are closer together as you get closer to the enemy base you can usually farm minions from two lanes this way if you are quick at killing them.
3. The enemy cannot push in early game, because they have no creeps getting close to your towers and cannot take the tower damage.
4. With no enemy minions to hold back your minions, they will be on the enemy's outer tower constantly, eventually destroying it, even if you do not have a friendly champion in that lane.

Problems:
1. You are serious gank bait. Not a problem with eve or twitch and a bit of map awareness, but it kinda restricts who you can use for this.
2. It is possible to starve your friendly champs of exp and gold by denying them minion kills. I've lost a handful of matches by being too good at this preemptive farming and my teammates fell behind the leveling race too far.

Things that help.

Boots of mobility - DUH, this is a stick and move mindgame in enemy territory, move5 is nearly mandatory.

Tiamat for twitch - AE wipes out waves faster so you can get to the second lane before the creeps get out of your reach

Flame cloak for evelyn - same as tiamat for twitch

Clairavoyance (sp) or a ward... to watch your back.

I've had a friend do this with teemo with great success after he had his shrooms, but I suck with teemo so have not tried it.

I'd imagine it could be done pretty well with heimerdinger, but youd have to have some crazy juke skills to keep that slow paperish lil bastage alive.

Lemt

11-06-2009

Listen to your seniors.

OK, if on the pre-match chat you have been talking, and seen that one player outlevels all your summoners by 9 levels, assume he knows something. If you see he tells you to go back and defend, that several opponents are MIA and you are alone on the other side of the map, don't disregard his advice. And when the gank occurs, learn from your mistakes. Don't do it again, and again. And when your whole team has been feeding the enemy, and that higer-level player tells you you HAVE to defend, he means it. And when he tells you NOT to push in groups of 1-2 players, and not to solo the jungle, because the enemy team is playing like a team and is 4-5 levels ahead of you and filthy rich, LISTEN TO HIS WISDOM.

Please, I understand it if a new player gets baited. Even pros get baited. I understand it if a new player gets killed at the start of the game. Even pros suffer that sometimes. I understand it if the enemy is better than you, because you just started playing. You'll make mistakes, we might even lose because of that, but that's how you learn. But after going solo 10 times, the 10 times the senior player telling you to PLEASE go back and defend, being nice and all about it, and you getting ganked EVERY single time because you didn't want to listen, you REALLY should think about playing something else.

Sorry for the rantish venting, but 4 players just did this to me, and it was a nightmare. Guys, if you see a player named Lemt in your team, and he gives you advice, he has your best interests in mind. Honest.

Ballsofheal

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafBlower View Post
if ur playing ryze, wait till you get level 6 then run up to a random hero and press r
i think i peed myself a little laughing

Redskizzers

11-06-2009

Dealing with certain special heroes.

Cho'Gath: If the enemy team has a Cho'Gath it is every bodies jobs to shut him down as much as possible starting level 6. If he is the only tank the enemy team has, by letting him get to full feast you are dooming yourself to a hard game. Focus him and kill him, with a standard 60sec on feast (35-40sec with max cd redeux) by killing him not only are you giving him a rez timer, but then if he wants to be a tank again he has to max feast. This would mean 5-6 mins with no cd reduction. But don't let him. Yes I know he has like 9k hp, and I know he has gaurd angel, but by killing him ONCE you've really screwed him over for the next 5 miniutes. And if he's foolish enough to step back into battle without at least 4 feasts punish him again. Cho is only as good of a tank as you let him be. Shut him down and keep him down and he'll just be another lack luster dps/support.

Veigar: Don't let him last hit. This is big. Veigar has undoubtably the largest potential to mess you up if you ignore him. Often times you'll see Veigar solo farming at level 15-16 while everybody else is running around pushing towers. That is because he's building his AP. If Veigar gets max CD redux and enough AP to one shot caster minions with baleful strike (not hard to do) he will start to skyrocket his AP if left alone. Don't leave him alone! Ever! Send a strong melee hero to fight him, casters will be chewed up by his stun dark matter ult combo in seconds, and they'll give him even more AP because of it.
This can be applied to Nasus

Hermidingerdergermerger:
Looks weak and frail but is very much NOT. He can hold his own and make you suffer if you're not paying attention. You might think it's a good idea to kill his turrets, but most of them go down pretty slowly. You think "if I keep killing his turrets as he puts them down I'll be set!" but reality is he can most likely put town turrets faster then you can take them out solo. And once he hits level 6 he will most likely watch you attack his turret untill they're very low hp before upgrading them. An upgraded turret is a force you don't want to solo, as you most likely wont kill it by yourself and you'll be a sitting duck for his stun nades. Instead try to call in a gank when he has max turrets, or get somebody like Gangplank or Articuno to mess them up with their aoe. By doing this late game you are denying Herms team the safe haven they've created for themselves. As herm I've put up and upgraded 6 turrets in the other teams base. We would stand there while waiting for people to pill and run back and they couldn't touch us. It was right next to an inhib so when the inhib spawned all my turrets would take it out quickly while gaining more of the stacking buff they get per attack. And with constant minoins being fed (which they ground up) it was turned into a "Enemy team death zone" Dont let this happen to you.

Quikdeth

11-06-2009

Master Yi: Be careful of how you use Alpha Strike around towers and groups because it teleports you, well most of the time, to where ever the target is after the ability is over; you could potentially be sitting right next to a tower or in the middle of group of opponents.

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

Do not run into the grass in the top or bottom lanes if you ran over to your lane at the start of the game. Running into it by yourself can net the enemy team a first blood and a death for you. Instead wait until your minions reach you and stand on the river side of the minions, not only is it safer by forcing them to have to run out of the bushes to get you but it also gives you an escape route. Just make sure to watch out on the river side as well though.

rEv3

11-07-2009

Pick a player and feed him. then after he's fed, gank him over and over, the other team will always be down a man.

rEv3

11-07-2009

with Zilean, plant a bomb on the first creep in a column, if any champions are nearby it'll home in on them. Also, defend creep by planting bombs on low health ones that are about to be last hit by enemy melee champions...

and E-W-E-W-E (first haste on allied chasing champion, second haste on you, third haste on ally).

last point: Zilean is a tank. pick a target, chronoshift yourself, slow the target, plant a bomb on them, rewind, and then repeat until dead. when you revive haste any fleeing allies and start bombing/slowing anyone left.