Is jungling really helpful?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rbo

07-05-2012

I know a lot of ranked teams run solo top/bot and a jungler, but how much better than 1top 2bot is this team comp? In my 23 levels of TT, I've never seen a jungler (obviously because of being in non-30 gameplay, but I do know that as most champs, the big wolves and wraiths are pretty difficult to kill, at least during midgame.

I've heard Udyr and Lee Sin are strong junglers in 3v3, but would they be able to clear big wolves at level 1/2 without help, or would they require a hard leash from the rest of the team? At my level, we engage in a pre-minion fight at the bot lane bush almost every match, and when I'm not with my friends, no one really considers doing anything besides rushing bot.

I just want someone who has jungled before to explain the typical jungling route, since right now I feel like it would be very difficult to clear the two top jungle buffs at an early level o_o

HKnux5112

07-05-2012

You shouldn't worry about the buffs till level 3-4, or when you have madreds.

You can start out mid camp, continue to your small camp top, then run around the other side, and gank top lane. The more pressure you put on that lane, the easier it is for your partner to snowball.

You can also switch routes if you want to gank bot as well.

It's either you jungle, or share farm bot with a partner. That's just ridiculous.

Doctor Ify

07-05-2012

As you get higher in level, less people will rush bot luckily. Jungling on twisted treeline is nice because of the size, you are always near your teammates

Chettone

07-05-2012

Hi there. Let me explain a few basics about jungle in TT.

First of all, jungle in TT is harder than in summoner rift. Minions do not heal you up when killed and since the "health potion nerf" (several month ago, potions healed 50 more hp, that means 250 more hp if you carry 5 pots) jungling have becomed rare.
In order to jungle you need to use really good junglers and also be lvl 30 in order to have decent runes and masteries (this is really important).

Jungling tactics:
Always take smite. Doing Dragon in TT is extremely important. In my opinion 1 Dragon = 5 Kills (since it grants you tons of gold and exp, and possibly the best buff in the game).
Routing: small camps first until you reach lvl 4 or 5. You can do green or grey buff if you are shaco only. There are lots of possible routes. One of the best tactics in my opinion is starting at their top small camp (wolves or small golems), then do yours and head mid for wraiths and red (always bring help, leash works here too!). In ranked, if your team has a strong lvl 1 you can invade their mid/bot camp and steal their wraiths, then do yours and head top camps (this will force you to gank top in most of the cases. Thats why I dont use this route, because I like ending up with red and having the possibility to gank either bot or top).

If you dont have smite on your team, ALWAYS invade. You have 1 summoner spell extra for lvl 1 fight. That could mean 1 exhaust, ignite or heal extra for your team, and that means a lot.

You can switch (bot prefered) lane and go jungling everytime smite is ready. This works good and helps ganks a lot. Nunu and Cho gath are good doing this. Even if you are not the jungler in your team, you can switch going jungle if you have a decent burst (like mordekaiser, he can leave lane and do small wraith camps in 2~4 secs!).

Always bring pink wards to red buff zone and dragon. Both are crucial paths and will give almost all de vision you need in order to prevent almost ANY gank.

Oh! I forgot to mention that WRIGGLES LANTERN IS A MUST in TT. Your team will ALWAYS need this item. If your team does not have a skill that can easly nuke dragon, try to get 2 of this item. It gives you everything you need in TT and its cheap.

I will list some junglers that do well in 3v3, some of then can solo jungle, others need laning.

-Lee Sin (he is possibly the most versatile champion for TT. Pick it or ban it!)
-Shaco (great ganker, can solo dragon easly, high movility... same as Lee in my opinion)
-Mundo
-Nunu
-Cho Gath
-Udyr
-Gangplank
-Olaf

Most champions can do jungling, but if you are looking some competitive advantage these are the most efficient ones. Im almost sure that i forgot to mention 1 or 2, and I will be glad if you add them to this list

Wish you luck in TT. Cya

PS: sry for my bad english

PS2: nunu will be buffed on next patch, try it! (procs good with olaf)

Boo

07-05-2012

not 100% of the time. you can always get someone on your team to grab smite along with wriggles and run 2 top 1 bot instead. i know in europe a lot of the top teams don't even use a jungler. the 11th place team from NA doesn't use a jungler too. they run a blitzcrank + tristana + rumble comp that wins them games by dragging it on to late game, despite the lack of buff control.

Verdinate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

My team takes smite. We take the little camp (Wraiths or Golems or Wolves) at level 1, then when our guy who took Smite gets madred's razors, we go take the jungle and usally Dragon.

Lizto

07-05-2012

Ill tell you something, youre level 23 so you cant know better, but analise the game a bit will you?

There is really no reason for people to send 2 bot and 1 top, a top lane can deny much better than a bottom lane(two bushes grant a much bigger zone for zoning), top lane is a much longer lane (curves mean theres a longer distance from 1 side to the other), if you mess up, youre gonna have to run that much more to get to safety, meaning more chances for you to die in top. Top additionally can be ganked from ANY side, and you will always be ganked from behind.

These reasons are why 2 top 1 bot is better, Ill add another one: dragon control, if 2 players go top and face 1 bot, then by the time they get a few levels and a lanter or maybe even just a madreds, they can kill the top laner and take dragon for free.

Is that not enough? still need more reasons to do 1bot 2 top rather than 1 top 2 bot? If the enemy has a jungler you can be ganked from more areas like previously mentioned, however its ALOT harder to gank a lane when itll be 2v2, so while you would most certainly die from a gank if you were alone, if there are two top, itll be alot easier to survive, or even make it so the jungler doesnt want to even touch your lane, bottom lane can avoid ganks much easier and just needs 1 ward to provide all the visibility you need, top lane would require 3 wards to be safe from ganks.

HKnux5112

07-07-2012

That was well said. This guy knows what he's talking about.

If you want, you could try Malphite jungle. I use him and do not need a leash.

Shyvana is also fun and is much easier to clear out camps. Just bring in exhaust and you'll be fine. Sometimes, in the small camp top lane, you'll get the golems, and they will shred you to pieces. Thank god the minions get to the lane later, so your top laner can help give you a monster leash.