Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Strongest 1v1 champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
strych9:
I didn't think about AP poppy. AP poppy is quite lethal but I'm not sure if she has the longevity it would take for a full blown 1v1.

I still think Sion, Nasus, Udyr, and Brolaf are your best bet. Akali wouldn't cut it. Too frail and you can kite her out of her stealth.

this kinda of drives my point home about her being an incredibly underestimated champion.
akali should have rylais as early in a game as possible. With no cleanse or sash, opposing champions will not be able to kite akali at all. She will be able to throw her mark as a snare keeping opponents nearly permaslowed. Her lichbane will give her increased movespeed as well meaning kiting will be that much more difficult. Her zhonya's active can provide an additional "OH S***!" button. I dont see her outlasting champs with lots of natural survivability in a fight such as olaf, but she could keep them from being able to initiate a fight indefinately.

Letkhar

09-03-2010

DPS Sion rapes Trynd. True story.

iDeck

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
D0llSlght:
You are very naturally assuming I have no item them...right?
so I cant just grab a Merc tread and a banshee.............

I cant run ghost + flash to run from nasus?

I think I suggested no item...there are always items to counter one another...

Not at all. You can have w/e summoner skills you want. I do know that Brolaf can kill you within 8 seconds and that's all he needs. Given equal skill etc.

Nasus runs faster then Ashe so even if you ghost, flash w/e he can and will catch up at some point with wither on and within those few seconds Ashe will explode.

D0llSlght

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
Narsir:
Late game AD Sion doesnt need to kite Trynd - Sion's ulti lasts 20 sec and gives him such a massive life steal that he can easily exchange blows with Trynd during his ulti, 7 sec later Trynd is dead

stop assuming people will stay there and let you hit them omg...........
if I am try, I see you blow your ult...I will spin away and run until ur ult runs out....

wat are you gonne do them?

xFERx

09-03-2010

Jax any day

D0llSlght

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
strych9:
Not at all. You can have w/e summoner skills you want. I do know that Brolaf can kill you within 8 seconds and that's all he needs. Given equal skill etc.

Nasus runs faster then Ashe so even if you ghost, flash w/e he can and will catch up at some point with wither on and within those few seconds Ashe will explode.

Please explain how nasus runs faster than ashe when ashe has a constant slow...

Contralize

09-03-2010

Quote:
strych9:
Because by the time he hits 2.5IAS he's dead and/or a stun will kill him as well. He isn't the best 1v1.

By the time he reaches 2.5AS the opponent would already be dead, i know this becuase i play him alot..

iDeck

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
BurtonEarny:
this kinda of drives my point home about her being an incredibly underestimated champion.
akali should have rylais as early in a game as possible. With no cleanse or sash, opposing champions will not be able to kite akali at all. She will be able to throw her mark as a snare keeping opponents nearly permaslowed. Her lichbane will give her increased movespeed as well meaning kiting will be that much more difficult. Her zhonya's active can provide an additional "OH S***!" button. I dont see her outlasting champs with lots of natural survivability in a fight such as olaf, but she could keep them from being able to initiate a fight indefinately.

I guess it depends on the rules of the 1v1. Honestly, Akali is an assassin not a dog fighter. She can not toe to toe with Nasus, Sion, Brolaf, or Udyr. Sion will kill her within 1 stun. Udyr will tank her damage. If she gets Brolaf low she explodes. Nasus just has high surv with high consistent damage.

Akali isn't a player at this game. Especially if you're allowed to buy oracles.

Contralize

09-03-2010

Jax wins, anyone wants to 1v1 my fully builded jax?

iDeck

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
D0llSlght:
Please explain how nasus runs faster than ashe when ashe has a constant slow...

Because my slow is stronger and I naturally run faster then you. I will catch up to you.

This topic is pointless because you can counter theory everything.