Strongest 1v1 champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Nasus cant own, since we can just walk away when he ults............
a good 1v1 needs the following......
1: cant be kite
2: cant assume 2 people just bashing each other...

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0llSlght View Post
Nasus cant own, since we can just walk away when he ults............
a good 1v1 needs the following......
1: cant be kite
2: cant assume 2 people just bashing each other...
He has the strongest slow in the game. You won't kite his ult. The reason he is a good 1v1 is his innate 20% life steal that stacks with starks + BT and his high defense + armor pen from SF. His Q also has unlimited damage.

Nasus is quite possibly one of the most unappreciated, overlooked champs in the game.

SaulOrNothing

09-03-2010

Sion late game will completely decimate just about anyone without cleanse/ quicksilver sash.

Top Contenders (these arent in any order and I feel are some of the more overlooked champs that decimate 1 v1):

Ap Poppy- Stun to shut down opposing life steal and enough damage to nuke them to death before they can do much in return. One of the best bursts in the game. Her ulti increases ignite and dfg damage not to mention her own skills and auto attack damage as well.

Hybrid Sion- This guy will wreck tanks, carries, casters... he just doesnt care. Tons of life steal, tons of magic burst damage, above average natural survivability. He is probably my pick for best 1 v1 late game.

Ap Akali- This champ is designed to destroy carries, and she does her job incredibly well. Imo, she has one of the most underappreciated bursts in the game. Her passive makes her dps hit much harder than a regular caster. and mark of the assasin plus her boosted auto attacks will wreck opposing champions very quickly. Her stealth bubble means that opposing carries will not be able to life steal to help mitigate her deadly burst. Couple that with one the best chasing skills in the game to ensure no one gets away, and you have a very deadly 1v 1 champ.
---------

About tryn-
He will out dps just about anyone he can CATCH. His problem, however, is that catching without a summoner spell or sash is very diffcult. Even a champ like ashe that build properly to take advantage of her natural slow can beat a tryndamere that does not have summoner spells becuase he will not be able to close the gap reliably thanks to ashes arrow + volley. If a champ stands and fights tryn,then they will likely lose, but kiting tryn has never been hard and its a big hole in his game.

Edit: Nasus is getting thrown around and I compeltely agree. He is one of the best overlooked 1 v1's in the game.

BlackLordDragonX

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
Duh, he can just wait for the Exhaust to wear off. Maybe both of them can have Exhaust. What are you suggesting, the best 1v1 champion is AP? That's silly.
veigar.... stun W DFG R Q enough to kill everyone....but trynd has his ult to save himself so id go with trynd or mb brolaf or Sion who can have more then 100% lifesteal but veigar can 1v1 every other dps when played properly

Contralize

09-03-2010

No-one has mentioned Jax when he is the best 1v1 at level 18

D0llSlght

Recruiter

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
He has the strongest slow in the game. You won't kite his ult. The reason he is a good 1v1 is his innate 20% life steal that stacks with starks + BT and his high defense + armor pen from SF. His Q also has unlimited damage.

Nasus is quite possibly one of the most unappreciated, overlooked champs in the game.
I know about his slow......duh...nasus is my main tank......
You can kite his ult...hell...not even kiting...........just running
His slow last 5 sec, and he will at most land 5-6 hit in that time frame..........

his ult last like 15 sec, so why cant I kite him?

Nasus's SF is bad for 1v1, his wither is on a pretty ridiculous cooldown.
20% life steal is good, but not fantastic.
His ult is completely kiteable...........
His SS, if not farmed.......does no damage........................................

iDeck

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonEarny View Post
Sion late game will completely decimate just about anyone without cleanse/ quicksilver sash.

Top Contenders (no particular order):

Ap Poppy- Stun to shut down opposing life steal and enough damage to nuke them to death before they can do much in return. One of the best bursts in the game. Her ulti increases ignite and dfg damage not to mention her own skills and auto attack damage as well.

Hybrid Sion- This guy will wreck tanks, carries, casters... he just doesnt care. Tons of life steal, tons of magic burst damage, above average natural survivability. He is probably my pick for best 1 v1 late game.

Tryndamere- Okay, he cant die and his single target dps hits an enemy harder than any other carry can in the game. He is up there with sion for king of 1v 1.

Olaf- This guy will get to about a quarter health quickly, but then your fight gets alot harder. His natural steroid skills make him very difficult to finish off. Add to the fact that he has natural cc immunity and you see he doesn't have the trouble closing gaps that tryndamere has.

Ap Akali- This champ is designed to destroy carries, and she does her job incredibly well. Imo, she has one of the most underappreciated bursts in the game. Her passive makes her dps hit much harder than a regular caster. and mark of the assasin plus her boosted auto attacks will wreck opposing champions very quickly. Her stealth bubble means that opposing carries will not be able to life steal to help mitigate her deadly burst. Couple that with one the best chasing skills in the game to ensure no one gets away and you have a very deadly 1v 1 champ.
---------

About tryn-
He will out dps just about anyone he can CATCH. His problem, however, is that catching without a summoner spell or sash is very diffcult. Even a champ like ashe that build properly to take advantage of her natural slow can beat a tryndamere that does not have summoner spells becuase he will not be able to close the gap reliably thanks to ashes arrow + volley. If a champ stands and fights tryn,then they will likely lose, but kiting tryn has never been hard and its a big hole in his game.
I didn't think about AP poppy. AP poppy is quite lethal but I'm not sure if she has the longevity it would take for a full blown 1v1.

I still think Sion, Nasus, Udyr, and Brolaf are your best bet. Akali wouldn't cut it. Too frail and you can kite her out of her stealth.

BlackLordDragonX

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0llSlght View Post
I know about his slow......duh...nasus is my main tank......
You can kite his ult...hell...not even kiting...........just running
His slow last 5 sec, and he will at most land 5-6 hit in that time frame..........

his ult last like 15 sec, so why cant I kite him?

Nasus's SF is bad for 1v1, his wither is on a pretty ridiculous cooldown.
20% life steal is good, but not fantastic.
His ult is completely kiteable...........
His SS, if not farmed.......does no damage........................................
Nasus is my main dps

iDeck

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contralize View Post
No-one has mentioned Jax when he is the best 1v1 at level 18
Because by the time he hits 2.5IAS he's dead and/or a stun will kill him as well. He isn't the best 1v1.

D0llSlght

Recruiter

09-03-2010

I cant believe people keep suggesting heros like Nasus, who obviously have no closing ability.

A ashe can solo a nasus anyday....

if I get slowed, I ult you and you are stunned..
I keep kiting you and you will never keep up with me since I just toggle my frost shot all the time.

There is NOTHING nasus can do against ashe..........NOTHING.....

His gap closing skill, last 5 sec, and is on a 20 sec cooldown...who do you expect to chase????

Please stop assuming 1v1 means two stupid champion bashing at each other without any kiting.......