Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Basically RiotNome Said TT Won't Get Fixed

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HKnux5112

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Just read his posts from a few weeks ago, and said he's tried moving around the Nexus turret, changing the minion pathing lanes, etc.

He said none of them work. I'm pretty sure they'd work, why should we believe you? Sure, you make tons of money and have a great job, but, w/e.

Why not just do it anyways, or figure out WHY it isn't working, and do it. We all agree that TT is a fun map, but has it flaws. Hey, the jungling is getting better, but that's the ONLY update you'll see on TT for a loooong time, I promise you that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HKnux5112

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Down vote all you people want, it won't change anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3 Herbalist

Senior Member

07-07-2012

When you start working at Riot, you can criticize them.

Nome has stated that he IS working on things to fix in TT. That's his job. There's just some things that he can't do because it's either not practical or too time consuming.. so he's doing the things he can first.

Things like the bruiser meta he said he couldn't change. That's the fault of the map design. I don't think most TT players want that to change anyway, it's extremely fun (well, i won't speak for everybody, but i don't mind the meta). However, he did say that things like the randomized jungle, lack of blue buff, and the uneven spawn lasers he IS working on, and in the long term there was mention of TT-specific items.

So before you start crying, start actually reading what's said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mavrik V

Recruiter

07-07-2012

Quote:
Cryogen1x:
When you start working at Riot, you can criticize them.

Nome has stated that he IS working on things to fix in TT. That's his job. There's just some things that he can't do because it's either not practical or too time consuming.. so he's doing the things he can first.

Things like the bruiser meta he said he couldn't change. That's the fault of the map design. I don't think most TT players want that to change anyway, it's extremely fun (well, i won't speak for everybody, but i don't mind the meta). However, he did say that things like the randomized jungle, lack of blue buff, and the uneven spawn lasers he IS working on, and in the long term there was mention of TT-specific items.

So before you start crying, start actually reading what's said.


Not to pick on RiotNome, but speaking as an SQL programmer and former DOTA map designer, I can say changing TT is very easy, and requires very little effort. The only way a Nexus/turret swap would be difficult, would be if everything was hardcoded (which it obviously is not). They use the same Turret and Nexus model in all 4 of their maps, which means they are oriented objects, which means it's essentially a copy/paste away from changing. Then you simply swap out the minion pathing vectors, Turret radius vectors, and fountain laser vectors, and boom you're done. It would take a maximum of a week, assuming you get a week of off-time to sit down and work on it. This whole 'year per map' deal Riot has going on, and months to make extremely minor changes, is a total joke. There's simply no excuse for it aside from inefficiency, or intentional sandbagging of their customers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadeykris

Senior Member

07-07-2012

The only fix the turrets need is for them to have the same range - and he's said they're fixing that. The whole "its too easy to turtle forever and win even if they're scrubs" thing doesn't apply as long as people figure out not to break the inhibs until they're pushing.

Simply changing things may or may not be a quick fix. But changing them for the better, and making SURE they're for the better, is always gonna take time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumination

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
HKnux5112:
Just read his posts from a few weeks ago, and said he's tried moving around the Nexus turret, changing the minion pathing lanes, etc.

He said none of them work. I'm pretty sure they'd work, why should we believe you? Sure, you make tons of money and have a great job, but, w/e.

Why not just do it anyways, or figure out WHY it isn't working, and do it. We all agree that TT is a fun map, but has it flaws. Hey, the jungling is getting better, but that's the ONLY update you'll see on TT for a loooong time, I promise you that.


Look, stop hating on Nome. That dude got dumped at the back of the bus with being in charge of TT. He was a genius while working on HoN, you can't blame him for being a bit salty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HKnux5112

Senior Member

07-07-2012

You guys are just dumb :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insect Repellant

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Rumination:
Look, stop hating on Nome. That dude got dumped at the back of the bus with being in charge of TT. He was a genius while working on HoN, you can't blame him for being a bit salty.


He asked for the position.
He already stated he tested switching the Nexus Turret and Nexus and it still has the same issue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redjik

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Insect Repellant:
He asked for the position.
He already stated he tested switching the Nexus Turret and Nexus and it still has the same issue


But what was the issue?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insect Repellant

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Redjik:
But what was the issue?


Turtling and pulling minions into the fountain.


12