Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath in the Upcoming Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frogbuddy

07-06-2012

As mostly everyone knows, in the last patch Xerath's ultimate was changed. An increased delay was added to every cast of Xerath's ult. This makes it very hard to aim because it is so slow that the animation often finishes before the damage in the aoe is applied. Riot does not intend to change the delay but instead are:
"Xerath
Locus of Power
Magic Penetration bonus increased to 16/22/28/34/40% from 10/15/20/25/30%
Mage Chains
Missile speed increased to 2100 from 1700
Ability Power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.7"

Personally, after playing Xerath before the longer delay on his ultimate and now it is extremely different. I loved him before and thought he was generally fine. I'd prefer it if these changes to Xerath's abilities weren't made and instead his ultimate would be at the same speed it was before.

Xerath is one of my 3 most favorite mages in the game, and what was done to his ultimate has made me so frustrated while playing him that I practically don't want to touch him. I intend to practice with him to get used to what they've done to him, but I don't like it one bit.

Bullettime7

07-06-2012

These changes don't accomplish much in the means of countering the huge nerf he took on his ult.

Locus of Power: Great. Free damage is free damage. However this doesn't come close to making up the damage he lost on his ult when it can be dodged by anyone with a brain and even without boots.

Mage Chains: Missile speed is nice as is the AP ratio. But if they wanted to really counteract the ult nerf, they would have upped the Mage Chains range while under Locus as well.

Funny thing is you can only take advantage of 1 of the buffs or the other at any given time as the Locus - Chains range is still so short that you can't take adequate advantage of in most situations as if they're that close and you're immobile, you're about to get slammed.

They should revert his ult nerf or increase the range of Mage Chains while under Locus. Xerath was almost perfectly balanced prior to these random changes.

Jamaree

07-06-2012

He still needs a real passive....so badly.

Luckyone001

07-06-2012

Quote:
Jamaree:
He still needs a real passive....so badly.

Out of all the passives in the game you could call useless, you pick Xerath's ... ?

Really?

Frogbuddy

07-06-2012

Quote:
Bullettime7:
These changes don't accomplish much in the means of countering the huge nerf he took on his ult.

Locus of Power: Great. Free damage is free damage. However this doesn't come close to making up the damage he lost on his ult when it can be dodged by anyone with a brain and even without boots.

Mage Chains: Missile speed is nice as is the AP ratio. But if they wanted to really counteract the ult nerf, they would have upped the Mage Chains range while under Locus as well.

Funny thing is you can only take advantage of 1 of the buffs or the other at any given time as the Locus - Chains range is still so short that you can't take adequate advantage of in most situations as if they're that close and you're immobile, you're about to get slammed.

They should revert his ult nerf or increase the range of Mage Chains while under Locus. Xerath was almost perfectly balanced prior to these random changes.

Agree with all that you said. Right on sir.

MarcusGraves

07-06-2012

Quote:
Luckyone001:
Out of all the passives in the game you could call useless, you pick Xerath's ... ?

Really?

um yeah

hur dur lets give a mage who will obviously be fighting other mages a passive that gives ARMOR! so useful and don't say it helps vs carries and such, xerath hangs in the far back of the team because his range allows it making it harder to reach him through your team.

i want the passive idea they came up with awhile ago where he did more damage the further away he was, that was a good idea where is it?

Invictrix

07-06-2012

I am pretty happy with the new changes if they leave his ultimate the way it is now then so be it as long as they leave the increased spell penetration and mages chains ap ratio in place.

Luckyone001

07-06-2012

Quote:
MarcusGraves:
um yeah

hur dur lets give a mage who will obviously be fighting other mages a passive that gives ARMOR! so useful and don't say it helps vs carries and such, xerath hangs in the far back of the team because his range allows it making it harder to reach him through your team.

i want the passive idea they came up with awhile ago where he did more damage the further away he was, that was a good idea where is it?

it helps vs carries and such..

Im just saying, there are way way WAY worse passives than triple digits of free armor.

Sometimes AD go mid now anyway. People are starting to realize you dont have to follow da meta to a T in every game.

Invictrix

07-06-2012

Quote:
Luckyone001:
it helps vs carries and such..

Im just saying, there are way way WAY worse passives than triple digits of free armor.

Sometimes AD go mid now anyway. People are starting to realize you dont have to follow da meta to a T in every game.

Yeah I like the free armor passive.

Mankano Valara

07-11-2012

Quote:
MarcusGraves:
um yeah

they tryed the original passive, the play testers felt punished for fighting at anything but max range, and he was even more fragile than he is now, this makes gap closers a MUCH bigger advantage, as they then are closer, take less damage, deal more damage, and xerath has no reliable escape

normally you shouln't be anywhere near the enemy, but you can't run forever, the current passive makes it so that when (not if, when) they catch up to you, you'll live long enough for either a buddy to peel them off you, or you to actually fight them

tl;dr original passive+gap closer= very dead xerath