@Riot: Make Nidalee's pounce go towards the cursor!

12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keskers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

ilikeit

Venapix

07-06-2012

oh gosh well deserved bump.

i would kill for this!

airhighslash

07-06-2012

But... we need something to separate the great Nidalee players from the good ones.

But a long time ago a red post addressed this, I am pretty sure Riot intended the pounce to be like this since it can go over walls.

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Riot says this adds skill, I personally just think that they feel minions forcing you to pounce the wrong direction keeps Nidalee's Pounce in line with other escapes.

Tacotastic

07-06-2012

Bumping this amazing thread.

Fiery Heathen

07-06-2012

riven doesnt go to the cursor actually.... its also the direction she's facing UNLESS she has the cursor targeting an enemy.

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-06-2012

I remember a Red post saying that this would actually complicate the way Nidalee is played more, and do more harm then good - And this was said after confirmation that they tested the idea.

ScrubDetector

07-06-2012

Its that element that seperates the good Nidalees, the decent Nidaless, and the bad Nidalees.
She's not an easy champion. She isnt like mash qwer and win games like Ryze or something.
I'll go out on a limb and say that she is one of the harder champions to master mechanically. Making Nidalee's Pounce moves towards cursor takes always the element of positioning yourself better and mechanically playing well. It forces you to plan out how youre going to approach a given situation. You have to adjust to where you are so you can angle your pounce, auto, swipe, auto, takedown, auto combo. You have to know the little things to be a good/great Nidalee player. Like how Q and E serve as auto attack resets and how you have to use that as an advantage to win trades/duels.

I think some red was saying that Nidalee was design to be independent from the cursor and rely on solely the cougar form while Human form is vice versa. It was something like that, just cant get the right wording.

Idk. I think that change would eliminate the skill cap for Nidalee. Being able to pounce over walls by positioning/angling yourself well is a high risk/high reward ability. Pounce via cursor would be OP because it would serve as a psuedo flash at a very, very low cooldown. Think its like 3.5 seconds? Like Graves/Ahri can go over walls but they are punished by high cooldowns. Like I said before, pouncing over walls is a high risk/high reward ability. It would be unfair if it was low/no risk, high reward, while being on low cooldown

ThornAlavarn

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Heathen View Post
riven doesnt go to the cursor actually.... its also the direction she's facing UNLESS she has the cursor targeting an enemy.
I'm fairly sure that's only with her Q. Her E, Valor, goes to where you point it to. At least, I think so.. Haven't played Riven in a while..

WelcomeToTarget

07-06-2012

Riot already said no and I agree with them. You can go **** yourself if you can't pounce correctly.

12345612 ... 16