Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jayce Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

carlitrox2011

07-08-2012

nice

Shoot2Wound

07-08-2012

Love the nunu ultimate buff, already op ult I suppose the alistar nerf for the heal had to come, pretty op. Love the universal ulti cooldown increase, ESPECIALLY KARTHUS! That was just ridiculous.
Nice patch!

IAznSauce

07-08-2012

Sigh at riot...... they just destoried Ap kog maw in the last two patches. Idk why tho he wasnt op or anything. I dont get that leaving op people as is and nerfing ones that dont need it

IAznSauce

07-08-2012

Quote:
Plutoburns:
Big changes. Alistar heal nerfed HARD. Seriously, that is huge. Now he has to chose between healing or cc. probably necessary considering how dominant he is.

ORianna was ...... buffed? I don't see it. Better damage on Dissonance is appreciated, but there was no reason to take .2 AP ratio from attack. Attack isn't used for damage after early laning. Passive change was good, more damage early with a lower ratio so it isn't ridiculous late game. But what is with the ball speed nerf? Seriously, it isn't that fast. Over long distances it almost feels too slow. If people were whinning that they couldn't dodge it in lane, the reason they couldn't dodge it was because it came flying at them from like 2 feet away. Anything is fast at that distance.

I am liking the Caitlyn buff. Her net has always felt clunky. And the range increase on her ult is HUGE!!!!! 3000 is enormous. I remember a game where a guy got hit with a blind lux laser, then cait used the second of vision to target him. Then he got Karth ulted. Anyway, nice change especially on the cast time.

I don't see how this is a kog nerf actually. He now can stack up more shots, meaning willfully firing will definitely exhaust his mana. He still deals the same damage. Now you just have to be smarter with the shots.

Miss fortune change is interesting. Double range will probably help to disguise it. Make it rain change is nice but seems pointless. No one takes more than one point in it early, so reduced mana cost is nice? I guess. Greater slow for late game, but maybe shorten the animation. Normally, its better to just keep running then to stop and use this to slow your target.

Nautilus: less scary early, just as scary late. Thats cool.

Sejuani needs a stronger passive. Maybe more slow. Or you could have her heal for a percent of the damage she deals to frosted targets. That would be great.

Sona range buff? NOOOOOOOO. I hate a smart poking sona.

Ziggs buff. Well, he was always really mana hungry. Maybe he will be more viable in tournaments now.

Love the grail improvement. That is a lot of AP and mana regen. Lovely increase to the MR. Also, QSS got nerfed! YAY!! Now malz is even more viable since QSS kinda gives **** stats for the cost and item slot.
I actually liked watching the bots spaz out by their turrets, but it did make it a bit too easy. And finally, we can take what lane we wan't when playing with bots. That pissed me off because they always seemed to take the mid lane.

The thing is that for ad kog this doesnt effect him at all but for ap on the other had this ruins how he play during team fights. If he going to have to wait just to rest mana cost his damage is going to fall off. He pretty bad in lane already and they just nerfed the damage on it. To me it looks like there trying to remove ap kog maw from lol all together

TheWheatOne

07-08-2012

Gragas definitely did not need buffs. He was already hard to mid lane against, now he's in god mode. Every little bit does count in that lane. I might even have to buy tenacity or swiftness just to get out of his nuke zone, or survive it when hit, let alone deal with the amount of sustain and anti-burst he has.

Ryushii Cross

07-08-2012

Why? why further nerf soraka? She's already well under used as it is, and each patch makes her even worse. if you only go back to letting infuse target herself or refresh split on both her and her target, then she would be 100% balanced. But she is really gimped because the silence doesnt make up for what taric can do better

07-08-2012

they should nerf karthuses ulti damage...

PsychedelicToast

07-08-2012

Would you believe me if I said I think you guys are just nerfing janna out of spite? I mean I can't think of a recent patch where janna hasn't been nerfed except the whole super fail server crash patch. I mean, lets nerf the bonus damage granted by the shield, hmm....okay lets make it so the bonus damage goes away if the shield breaks. Interesting, alright folks, lets reduce the amount of healing the ult give as well as the push back range. Almost! Lets nerf the initial knock up on her Q so that it must charge longer to obtained the desired affect, wait! Lets nerf the duration of her slow and increase the cd on her ult. Perfect! Wouldn't be surprised if next patch her slow rapidly decayed over the duration of the debuff as well as tweaking something for no reason.

GetBackToLife

07-08-2012

Quote:

Akali•Crescent Slash◦Energy cost reduced to 60/55/50/45/40 from 60 at all ranks
◦Now activates Mark of the Assassin's secondary damage

Honnestly riot i highly doubt Akali needed any buffs of soem kind at all, akali's already good enough and i've seen plenty of players play well enough with her, if not killing almost all carries in a game.

Quote:

Alistar•Trample◦Damage reduced to 7-24 from 10-27

•Triumphant Roar◦Mana cost increased at earlier ranked to 40/50/60/70/80 from 28/41/54/67/80

On that one, i dont really see your point on nerfing a champion that already haves some hard troubles to even get a kill, his mana is **** low and the heal's cooldown is high, like someone said previously, you need to time it right to have an actual kill , and now you buff the mana cost? x_x

Quote:
Janna•Zephyr◦Passive Movement Speed reduced at earlier ranks to 4/7/10/13/16% from 8/10/12/14/16%
◦Slow duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4 seconds

•Monsoon◦Cooldown increased at earlier ranks to 150/135/120 seconds from 120 seconds at all ranks

Why are you even nerfing janna? i barely see one janna player already cause she's sort of hard to play : /. By that i mean people dont really play supports cause most of em likes to make kills cause its more ',awesome'' in an answer to that, shouldn,t you guys try to make supports a bit more fun to play instead of nerfing them all?

Quote:
Nunu•Visionary◦Attacks required to activate reduced to 5 from 7

•Consume◦Damage increased to 500/600/700/800/900 from 400/525/650/775/900
◦Damage dealt to Dragon and Baron increased to 100% from 50%
◦Cooldown reduced to 16/14/12/10/8 seconds from 18/16/14/12/10 seconds

•Absolute Zero◦Minimum damage if interrupted increased to 12.5% from 0%
◦Maximum damage if interrupted increased to 87% from 70%

Honnestly nunu did needed that passive buff, but the ult buff... seriously? an fed nunu,s ult hits for 2k which one shots most of the ad carries , and his iceball does almost half of that sometimes.

Quote:
Orianna•Global spell cooldown reduced to 0.15 seconds from 0.5
•Clockwork Windup◦Base damage adjusted to 10-50 from 5-30
◦Damage amplification per stack increased to 20% from 15%
◦Maximum stacks reduced to 2 from 3
◦Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.15 from 0.2

•Command: Attack◦Missile speed reduced to 1200 from 1275
◦Cooldown reduced at later ranks to 6/5.25/4.5/3.75/3 seconds from 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
◦Damage reduced to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/100/140/180/220
◦Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.4 from 0.6
◦The Ball now responds faster to Dissonance and Shockwave commands

•Command: Dissonance Ability Power increased to 0.7 from 0.5
•Command: Protect◦Cast range increased by 100
◦Ball leash range is increased by 100 when attached to an allied Champion
◦The Ball will now respond faster to Dissonance and Shockwave commands

•Command: Shockwave◦Cast time increased to 0.5 seconds from 0.4
◦Fixed: Shockwave no longer stuns units for longer than the duration of the movement
◦If the Ball forcibly leashes back to Orianna, Command: Shockwave will go on a brief cooldown if it is ready

I dont even see the point on either buffing or nerfing orianna personally, i've only seen one orianna player ever since that champ came out, and it was 3 weeks ago.
Quote:

Xerath•Locus of Power◦Magic Penetration bonus increased to 16/22/28/34/40% from 10/15/20/25/30%

•Mage Chains◦Missile speed increased to 2100 from 1700
◦Ability Power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.7

Fixing two spells but not his ult..... right

Quote:

Items•Hovering over items with auras or actives now shows their effect radius
•Athene's Unholy Grail◦Ability Power increased to 90 from 80
◦Magic Resist increased to 40 from 36

•Ionic Spark◦Combine gold cost reduced to 575 from 775 (total gold cost reduced to 2100 from 2300)
◦Chain lightning damage increased to 125 from 110

•Quicksilver Sash◦Combine gold cost increased to 900 from 700
◦Magic Resist reduced to 48 from 56

•Pickaxe, Cloth Armor, Dagger, and Null Magic Mantle now properly display missing item build paths

Im happy on those chanegs althought, and thats a **** useful feature to see the area of effect of the item's aoe buffs!

Quote:
Summoner Spells•Ignite◦No longer useable on minions (still useable on jungle monsters)

God i've been waiting for that for ages!

And for the other changes like ai and baron, im happy of them too , adds more challenge to the game

noctis lucious

07-08-2012

jayce will be nerfed soon