New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

You know...it's not fair if someone DC's if they have horrible connection... They should compensate...
YOUR SYSTEM IS FLAWED I HATE YOU! <<<<<
But really... it's so true ^^^^^^.... I'm like 1.6k and if I dc while duoing with my 1k friend it's sad :O...
I mean come on.. be a reformist and care about people with bad internet :P
Like how about include a leaver button or detection for some people...
Your system is just as biased as the current one....(maybe not, but just as flawed )

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivEnemy View Post
I have played 900 ranked games and like the system how it is, I personally think rewarding people ELO for a kill is dumb, people who complain about KS'ing in this game piss me off, it is a team game, the goal is to win who cares who gets the kills. And the method of giving people ELO for kills would tempt a lot of people (I think) to chase kills and just not play the game how it was made to be played. Not to mention this would be unfair to people who like playing support or are forced to play support in game who should be letting the carries get the kills for the sake of the team.
While they may be so, and that is why i put in caps as well as made deaths > kills because if you dive for a kill you will lose and it will help make people make better calls. While you may not like a KDR based system, i think it would force people to play intelligently and have scores at end game be closer and for people to gain more assists. Also, ffs, read the tiers. There is a whole tier for assists... Supports aren't suffering in this system. I feel as if you read this and only read the bad. Please read the entire thing (take notes maybe) and then make comments.

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiko View Post
You know...it's not fair if someone DC's if they have horrible connection... They should compensate...
YOUR SYSTEM IS FLAWED I HATE YOU! <<<<<
But really... it's so true ^^^^^^.... I'm like 1.6k and if I dc while duoing with my 1k friend it's sad :O...
I mean come on.. be a reformist and care about people with bad internet :P
Like how about include a leaver button or detection for some people...
Your system is just as biased as the current one....(maybe not, but just as flawed )
If you have bad internet i feel you shouldn't play ranked because it will affect your teams game. They have to suffer, because you have bad internet? no, you should not grief others with your bad internet, play normals. I am not trying to be mean, just honest.

Shashakiko

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndofDeepsleep View Post
If you have bad internet i feel you shouldn't play ranked because it will affect your teams game. They have to suffer, because you have bad internet? no, you should not grief others with your bad internet, play normals. I am not trying to be mean, just honest.
That is just cold -.- you don't even try to find a solution or fit in the problem...
No... I'm asking that you shouldn't make others suffer because of it whether you DC or other players DC...
You just answered directly to me not the system... If you were Riot making this system..
You'd tell people not to play ranked just because they might DC? lol...

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiko View Post
That is just cold -.- you don't even try to find a solution or fit in the problem...
No... I'm asking that you shouldn't make others suffer because of it whether you DC or other players DC...
You just answered directly to me not the system... If you were Riot making this system..
You'd tell people not to play ranked just because they might DC? lol...
The solution to the problem is not that easy, People leave all the time, people DC all the time. There is no function at this current time that can tell the team whether they left or DCed. So it isn't cold, its just honest... Also the tier involving the DC isnt for the whole team, it is just for the player who DCed... And i think that riot would also view the DCing as a problem that can't be delt with easily.

khmerlegit

08-06-2012

ive just lost 23 elo WTH!!?!?!?

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmerlegit View Post
ive just lost 23 elo WTH!!?!?!?
loss caps at 16, nice try...

wrsthnsatn667

08-06-2012

While I like it conceptually, it shouldn't be about just getting the kills and assists. I do agree that there shouldn't be punishment for doing well and losing, as well as being rewarded for doing horribly and getting carried. There should be some manner of balance based on one individuals skill. The current system I find well for ranked 5v5, but solo duo is a different issue. One cannot have their skill based off of winning or losing when randomly group. Sure some people can carry 4v5s and feeders, and to get into the 2k elo you have to make very VERY few to no mistakes. Regardless, there should be a system that judges the player on how he plays, not how the team he is paired with ends up.

Lumax23

08-07-2012

Bump

King of Sin

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
While I like it conceptually, it shouldn't be about just getting the kills and assists. I do agree that there shouldn't be punishment for doing well and losing, as well as being rewarded for doing horribly and getting carried. There should be some manner of balance based on one individuals skill. The current system I find well for ranked 5v5, but solo duo is a different issue. One cannot have their skill based off of winning or losing when randomly group. Sure some people can carry 4v5s and feeders, and to get into the 2k elo you have to make very VERY few to no mistakes. Regardless, there should be a system that judges the player on how he plays, not how the team he is paired with ends up.
Well i did include towers for that reason. but past that, i am glad you agree players have it rough when they can't carry too many...