New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xViperSniper

08-06-2012

Current system works fine...

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

I believe your logic is flawed. Dying is a part of the tank's job, you shouldn't lose elo for it. Also, why is tier 2 kills instead of towers and dragon kills?

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcGS Jeanschyso View Post
I believe your logic is flawed. Dying is a part of the tank's job, you shouldn't lose elo for it. Also, why is tier 2 kills instead of towers and dragon kills?
Towers were brought to my attention later, The tiers them selves are just to separate each part. They don't mean anything past that. Also you gain from assists, so the tank can die and gain from it anyways. 1 death 5 assists, good gain of 3 assists aka 1.2 ELO gain EVEN THOUGH HE DIED.

Shashakiko

08-06-2012

Maybe people won't want to support due to this system and troll more :O
I think you should half what happens in-game in your system...
BTW the system now works fine like if you're 1500+ now...you'll be 1500 next season most likely
I hear people complaining about this system when they're 1300-
I used to last season too (but I was genuinely as bad as they were...not quite :P)

IKorey

08-06-2012

I agree the current method is flawed but you can't award somebody based on how they do in a game due to the fact that there are supporting roles if you say "you gained 0 kills because your a soraka support but the person who you kept alive will go up 20-50 ELO because you kept him alive in early game and allowed him to snowball". It's just not right

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiko View Post
Maybe people won't want to support due to this system and troll more :O
I think you should half what happens in-game in your system...
BTW the system now works fine like if you're 1500+ now...you'll be 1500 next season most likely
I hear people complaining about this system when they're 1300-
I used to last season too (but I was genuinely as bad as they were...not quite :P)
Thats why i came up with this system, ELO hell is exactly as it name sounds. HELL. You get leavers, feeders, trolls, and ragers. All throwing the game and making it hard to win. With this system i think people will still support because every 2 assists cancels 1 death. So it will not discourage supporting. I would still support with this system regardless.

King of Sin

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKorey View Post
I agree the current method is flawed but you can't award somebody based on how they do in a game due to the fact that there are supporting roles if you say "you gained 0 kills because your a soraka support but the person who you kept alive will go up 20-50 ELO because you kept him alive in early game and allowed him to snowball". It's just not right
You must not have read the fact that the cap is 16 ELO, so they CANT go up 50, please read before criticizing me... Also ASSISTS give ELO as well...

Gespent

08-06-2012

remove the surrender elo lost and its fine .

the ''elo'' system that is maked in SPORTS . (actual elo system)

shouldnt be maked in a GAME. more in a ''TEAM GAME'' that values the team plays . and dont give any for a high individual player skill.

The K/D/A old system is a lot better

Gespent

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcGS Jeanschyso View Post
Tanks job is not to die =) . remember that kid .

a good initiation makes great results. and no one focus a tank . in GOOD GAMES

ADC SENPAl

08-06-2012

I have played 900 ranked games and like the system how it is, I personally think rewarding people ELO for a kill is dumb, people who complain about KS'ing in this game piss me off, it is a team game, the goal is to win who cares who gets the kills. And the method of giving people ELO for kills would tempt a lot of people (I think) to chase kills and just not play the game how it was made to be played. Not to mention this would be unfair to people who like playing support or are forced to play support in game who should be letting the carries get the kills for the sake of the team.