New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSoSuperMan

10-08-2012

Your idea is terrible as it allows infinite ELO.

The beauty of the standard ELO system is that it rewards you relative to the rating of your opponents. If you're rated 2000 and you play a bunch of 1000s you should expect to win and you should expect to receive almost no ELO when you do so. Inversely you can look forward to a huge ELO gain if you do upset the odds and take down the higher ranked player.

Under your system the best strategy for champs on a team that is losing is to sit at fountain and wait for the game to end, thus avoiding the additional ELO loss they may incur by dying if they try to fight.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoSuperMan View Post
Your idea is terrible as it allows infinite ELO.

The beauty of the standard ELO system is that it rewards you relative to the rating of your opponents. If you're rated 2000 and you play a bunch of 1000s you should expect to win and you should expect to receive almost no ELO when you do so. Inversely you can look forward to a huge ELO gain if you do upset the odds and take down the higher ranked player.

Under your system the best strategy for champs on a team that is losing is to sit at fountain and wait for the game to end, thus avoiding the additional ELO loss they may incur by dying if they try to fight.
No it has a cap... so already you didn't read my post. Also players in the 2000s will only get pitted against 2000s not 1000s... If a player did get into that sort of game situation this systems fixes itself because they will only gain a max of 16 or so. And what if they lose? Epeens can get you into bad situations.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
And while I'm looking at this thread... Endofdeepsleep, can you tell me when you're having these matches that you light up the scoreboard but end up losing Elo?

I'm looking at your match history on Lolking.

9/6/17 win with Graves.
3/5/5 loss with Master Yi
1/7/8 loss with Nautilus
7/7/6 loss with Graves
3/9/9 loss with Graves
3/7/1 loss with Vayne
6/7/1 loss with Kog'maw
6/10/4 loss with Vayne
8/1/9 win with Graves

You had more kills than deaths twice. You won twice. You broke even or had more deaths than kills 7 times. You lost 7 times. These seems pretty fair to me. Particularly since of these 9 matches, you were playing as an AD Carry 7 of the matches and you're SUPPOSED to have the best KDA in the match.
You totally took in to account my team with this data you looked up this on lolking... Or how about asking for taric as vayne and getting nunu (who does terrible with vayne, at least the 2 i got)

TigersAreYellow

10-18-2012

I really like this idea, except for the 3 full rune pages. The hell? My friend is 1900 Elo, and he only has 2 full rune pages. 8 Different runes? I personally only use 4 different runes for one rune page, and I'm fine..

s1yb00ts

10-18-2012

love your idea. needs a little bit of revision. but bro ur on to something keep it up.

SirYoloSwaginton

10-19-2012

No

BananaSniper

10-19-2012

Getting bonus ELO for a kill and losing ELO for a death is probably the dumbest thing in this post, simply for the fact that would make people never want to play support, even if the ELO lost from a death is as low as .8. I have no problems with the current system

CiT0

Master Recruiter

10-19-2012

Just the fact the you gain or lose elo based on Kills and death will make people not want to help with teamwork they would just want to get the last hit.

and support will get the short end of the stick way to make a unpopular choice even more unpopular

current system is fine . Lose together lose elo together as a TEAM.

Ghostnugget

10-19-2012

Love it

HeadButtYourMom

10-19-2012

I like it.