New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

08-07-2012

Do you understand the elo system was created by someone much smarter than you decades ago? This system has worked well and still does work well. The problem with using it in this game is it is a 1 person system, so it looks as a team as 1 entity. in solo que this is not true we are all different and selfish. There are alot of random qualities in solo que but the system still works as its supposed to.

Skilltestingman

08-07-2012

i want something like this cause when i go 23/4 ez, i piss at riot for making me lose 15 elo

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Do you understand the elo system was created by someone much smarter than you decades ago? This system has worked well and still does work well. The problem with using it in this game is it is a 1 person system, so it looks as a team as 1 entity. in solo que this is not true we are all different and selfish. There are alot of random qualities in solo que but the system still works as its supposed to.
Opening a comment with "You are stupid" is not the best way to get me to listen. Also, team play affects individual scores. So this is a single score based system, BUT it allows for teams to benefit by working together to get better scores. So while yes it is a single person system. it will not stress people to fight 1v5s for 1 kill. it will also help people group to gain kills, since all benefit to get assists.

GoingTight

08-07-2012

Singular ELO in a team based game will never work. Stop trying to think your smarter then others, and come to this realization already.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTight View Post
Singular ELO in a team based game will never work. Stop trying to think your smarter then others, and come to this realization already.
But some people are smarter than others. Also to get a good score, it usually involves team play, not 1v5.

EndofDeepsleep

08-10-2012

bump

EndofDeepsleep

08-11-2012

bump

Natneyi

08-11-2012

I like the idea, that someone who did very well, even on a losing team, will not be punished as much as someone who trolled and fed. However, I'm not sure about the difference between the top winner and the top loser being only 11 elo. I guess I feel that a loss should still cause you to lose elo, but maybe people who do very well lose only 1 or 2 points, while those who feed lose the full 16.

Míley Dyrus

08-11-2012

The ELO you get per assist should have to to with how many kills you have.
eg: a guy with 7 kills and 0 assists gets .2 elo for an assists
while a guy with 1 kill and 8 assists gets .55 elo for an assist
It encourages players to use their role efficiently.

AGTT Hypnotoad

08-11-2012

all this does is encourage players to farm more after they have already won