Akli build

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

undercover sbz

Senior Member

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nstipation View Post
Can somebody explain me how taking 1quint ( dunno type, Greater Quintessence of Strength +2.25 attack damage?) helps? Any profits from buying this quint?
The quint helps you only if you are investing in Brute force mastery which grants you +3 AD. As you then have 5.25 AD and can buy a Doran's Blade for extra +6 AD which triggers your AD passive. I personally use 2 strength quints because I have 9/21/0 in masteries which means I don't have the extra +3 AD from brute force.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laughindevil

Junior Member

09-03-2010

Wow, that was alot of replies.....

But okay, yes, dying alot or having a bad start will shut this build down, but to be honest, i hardly ever die with akali, iv had around 30 games with her now, almost all ending with something like 7+/2/5
i finish a game without being fully stacked most of the time.

Or is it really that much of a difference in skill in elo games? in matchmaking, i play against lvl 21-28.........

dont know about your akali experience, but for me, she is a really op character with epic burst damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Texas Snyper

Senior Member

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laokin View Post
Your wrong. Do some math, Hyrbid build does most DPS. I don't have to chase anybody, they explode when I touch them, unless they are a Taric, then I Exhaust Ignite, burst them shroud let them get little bit away, then shadow dash and do it again. Shen even dies like a squishy with my build. Only tank that's given me a problem is Taric and even then not a problem.... just longer.

Not to mention, that build with the quint fails for people who don't have all 3 unlocked... and it's waste using glyphs to push you that far.

That is only viable once you are Sum20.

Try it, better yet, pull out a calculator and do the math vs the survivability probability having the extra slows.

My build is better. You won't even need a Doran Shield for staying power if you play safely. More damage is better than any defense on Akali....
the reason for the shield is more HP regen so that you can be more aggressive and do more damage. the HP/5 is better than the tiny amount of lifesteal on dorans blade. I am very aggressive mid against pretty much anybody but urgot (he out ranges akali by a lot, and his aoe splash will hit you in your shroud for his homing missiles to hit you).

because i'm so aggressive i can push the other mid champ back and deny him xp while getting mine and getting my last hits still, giving me the advantage for the ganking once i get my ult.

as far as AP vs hybrid, AP akali has much more burst than hybrid. This is due to her being able to triple dip in her AP. She benefits from her abilities, her auto-attack between abilities (lichbane procs), AND her magic dmg passive. The reason I go for the gunblade late game is for the lifesteal and spellvamp to increase her survivability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laokin

Junior Member

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover sbz View Post
I've seen a dozen of akali's build hybrid, and all of them have been outclassed by an AP akali later in that game, in mirror matches of course.
2 words
Player Skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laokin

Junior Member

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Snyper View Post
the reason for the shield is more HP regen so that you can be more aggressive and do more damage. the HP/5 is better than the tiny amount of lifesteal on dorans blade. I am very aggressive mid against pretty much anybody but urgot (he out ranges akali by a lot, and his aoe splash will hit you in your shroud for his homing missiles to hit you).

because i'm so aggressive i can push the other mid champ back and deny him xp while getting mine and getting my last hits still, giving me the advantage for the ganking once i get my ult.

as far as AP vs hybrid, AP akali has much more burst than hybrid. This is due to her being able to triple dip in her AP. She benefits from her abilities, her auto-attack between abilities (lichbane procs), AND her magic dmg passive. The reason I go for the gunblade late game is for the lifesteal and spellvamp to increase her survivability.
My hybrid build does 3.85k 1 burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medullaris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laokin View Post
I disagree. I use longsword + boots of switfness + hextech revolver early game. Gives you both disciplines early and a speed of 3 with Spell Vamp of 26%. Then I go Rylai's RageBlade Lichbane, Hextech Gunblade if it's a long game and it's game over. I went 26/5/12 with this build. And usually maintain a KDR of around 14 on average.


Build Order.
Longsword
Health Potion
Lane till you have 1500
Come back Boots of speed and the tome for your AP buff
Lane till you can afford Hextech Revolver,
Now you are a decent ganker.....
Save as long as possible or if you are on the losing side start building rylai's.... but in a good game you can go straight to rylai's...
Stay out till you can afford Rage Blade
Get Lichbane
If the game goes long enough build up your Hextech Rev into a Hextech Gunblade. Put it in Slot 2. It has an active as well as boosting your AP and AD that does 300 Magic Damage and slows the target.... it is indeed a target projectile with moderate range.
If the game goes super late game Build up your Long Sword into Black Cleaver. Enjoy having 6 super items + the two buffs... and if you kill nashor you are invincible.

Use Exhaust and Ignite. You now have the Gunblade Exhaust and the Shroud to slow people. And if you go mercury treads you get the bonus to cut through armor with your magic damage for the gunblade. Say goodbye to escapes.


You go boots of swiftness because they are cheap and you can get them early which allows you to save for an early rylai's + they are 1 speed faster than the sorc boots or mercury treads.
You get the hextech revolver to stack Spell Vamp. Every time you use an ability you leach life back. Late game you never have to go back, jungling will fill you up because you have Hextech + the Akali discipline that gives 16% Spell Vamp. With Hextech you have 26%. Enjoy.

Mercury treads boots gives you magic pen which cuts through armor, if you didn't wanna go swiftness go mercury treads because akali gets a buff that makes her do a third of her damage extra in magic damage, and mercury treads allows 24%(I might be off a few percent here... this is off memory It is indeed in the 20's under 25) of your magic damage to cut through armor. Much better choice than sorc boots IMO, but not worth the speed sacrifice imo either. AP/AD hyrbid is the only way to go on Akali. Any other type of build is doing it wrong.

Oh and forget about spellpower elixers just grab the creep buffs, grab them both.... and use the money for a blackcleaver instead.... for even more damage.
Black Cleaver is horrible on akali. also, Mercury's Treads does not have Magic Pen. You're thinking of Sorcerer's shoes. Boots of swiftness are also not needed on akali.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blueriku

Senior Member

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laokin View Post
I disagree. I use longsword + boots of switfness + hextech revolver early game. Gives you both disciplines early and a speed of 3 with Spell Vamp of 26%. Then I go Rylai's RageBlade Lichbane, Hextech Gunblade if it's a long game and it's game over. I went 26/5/12 with this build. And usually maintain a KDR of around 14 on average.


Build Order.
Longsword
Health Potion
Lane till you have 1500
Come back Boots of speed and the tome for your AP buff
Lane till you can afford Hextech Revolver,
Now you are a decent ganker.....
Save as long as possible or if you are on the losing side start building rylai's.... but in a good game you can go straight to rylai's...
Stay out till you can afford Rage Blade
Get Lichbane
If the game goes long enough build up your Hextech Rev into a Hextech Gunblade. Put it in Slot 2. It has an active as well as boosting your AP and AD that does 300 Magic Damage and slows the target.... it is indeed a target projectile with moderate range.
If the game goes super late game Build up your Long Sword into Black Cleaver. Enjoy having 6 super items + the two buffs... and if you kill nashor you are invincible.

Use Exhaust and Ignite. You now have the Gunblade Exhaust and the Shroud to slow people. And if you go mercury treads you get the bonus to cut through armor with your magic damage for the gunblade. Say goodbye to escapes.


You go boots of swiftness because they are cheap and you can get them early which allows you to save for an early rylai's + they are 1 speed faster than the sorc boots or mercury treads.
You get the hextech revolver to stack Spell Vamp. Every time you use an ability you leach life back. Late game you never have to go back, jungling will fill you up because you have Hextech + the Akali discipline that gives 16% Spell Vamp. With Hextech you have 26%. Enjoy.

Mercury treads boots gives you magic pen which cuts through armor, if you didn't wanna go swiftness go mercury treads because akali gets a buff that makes her do a third of her damage extra in magic damage, and mercury treads allows 24%(I might be off a few percent here... this is off memory It is indeed in the 20's under 25) of your magic damage to cut through armor. Much better choice than sorc boots IMO, but not worth the speed sacrifice imo either. AP/AD hyrbid is the only way to go on Akali. Any other type of build is doing it wrong.

Oh and forget about spellpower elixers just grab the creep buffs, grab them both.... and use the money for a blackcleaver instead.... for even more damage.

Ok this is where alot of Akali's fail is when they litereally go "hybrid" the only two hybrid items that should ever be on akali is rageblade and hextech gunblade. Akali doesnt benefit from going hybrid as much as people think the only thing that get better is your AA and your crescent slash which u dont really rely on because of the cost.

As for hextech gunblade i wont argue how good it is for a item that akali can use since this item is the ideal item she can use, however NEVER get this early game why? very simple you will lose your burst and survivability when your not working on a ryalis first and wasting time and gold getting a hextech gunblade, don't get me wrong Akali can use this item just NOT early game maybe as her 4th or 5th item. really when it comes down to it you have to think does AD actually benefit for Akali, HECK NO besides the passive which mostly is unnoticeable anyways your not relying on your AA or crescent slash to do DMG. your relying on your burst which does magic DMG which u need AP since EVERYTHING scales with ap for Akali your mainly using Q,R and then W for getting away or armor. Therefore getting things like blackcleaver is a waste because your doing magic DMG.


Also never rely on spell vamp and lifesteal in a fight its cool but most of the time it not going to save you in a fight your squishy your ment to burst someone down and kill not to take a truck load hits Akali is not a tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c0nstipation

Junior Member

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover sbz View Post
The quint helps you only if you are investing in Brute force mastery which grants you +3 AD. As you then have 5.25 AD and can buy a Doran's Blade for extra +6 AD which triggers your AD passive. I personally use 2 strength quints because I have 9/21/0 in masteries which means I don't have the extra +3 AD from brute force.
Whats the point of buying quint for 1025ip while we can get this some "ad passive" for buying quint 1,25ad for 80ip? 1,25+3+6=10,25


12