Is it time for a 4th ban on both teams in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MexicanxHitman

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by St View Post
Do you Ban Morgana? Shame on you.
I ban morgana just because she's annoying as hell if she's any good.

hailmist

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arumen View Post
I disagree. Not everyone has 100 champs. Most people don't in fact. Most have an average of about 30 champs, and of those champs they can probably play 10 well. If 5 of those champs get banned then they may get stuck playing a champ they do not know how to play, and no one wants that.
downvoted only suck players can't pick up any champ

hailmist

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanxHitman View Post
she's annoying as hell if she's any good.
more like QQ you can't dodge skillshots, quit playing games that require mouse accuracy you're bad

SasakitheCouncil

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arumen View Post
I disagree. Not everyone has 100 champs. Most people don't in fact. Most have an average of about 30 champs, and of those champs they can probably play 10 well. If 5 of those champs get banned then they may get stuck playing a champ they do not know how to play, and no one wants that.
AKA, they should stay out of ranked.

iDerp Solo

07-06-2012

The idea that I've put forth, a few times, is for banning to work like this:

Each player, on each team, chooses a single ban - simultaneously.
Each player can see what others on their team are choosing to ban, but can not see what the enemy chooses to ban.
No two players on the same team can choose to ban the same champion.
Players on enemy teams CAN choose to ban the same champion.

Once ban selections have been made - then all bans are revealed at the same time and drafting begins as normal. The number of champions actually banned would be between 5-10, depending on the number of duplicate bans.

SasakitheCouncil

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailmist View Post
more like QQ you can't dodge skillshots, quit playing games that require mouse accuracy you're bad
More like QQ my mid lane can't dodge skillshots. If I'm not playing mid (which if I have bans, I don't), then I'm banning Morg, because I don't trust my random mid guy to beat her.

JunKx

07-06-2012

gonna have to start banning champions based on the letters their name starts with. i ban all P champs, S champs and uhh...uhhh...i dunno A champs, lol
still have more than enough

Utavon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDerp Solo View Post
The idea that I've put forth, a few times, is for banning to work like this:

Each player, on each team, chooses a single ban - simultaneously.
Each player can see what others on their team are choosing to ban, but can not see what the enemy chooses to ban.
No two players on the same team can choose to ban the same champion.
Players on enemy teams CAN choose to ban the same champion.

Once ban selections have been made - then all bans are revealed at the same time and drafting begins as normal. The number of champions actually banned would be between 5-10, depending on the number of duplicate bans.
I support this. Would be neat, but it does remove the option for counter-banning.

For example:

Enemy team bans Corki. You suspect that they are banning him to be able to play Graves, and they have first pick. You ban Graves.

A Frosted Wolf

07-06-2012

+1

Guttler

07-06-2012

I want 8 bans. Historically, when draft mode was first implemented and later upgraded in the Fizz patch. Riot allowed us to ban roughly 8% of champions. Some smartypants will do the math and come back with the exact percentage of a banned champions coming out to like 7.8% of the field, but it is roughly 8% for real purposes.

I feel like bans should constantly be upped, since if bans stay as 6 as more champions come out it will eventually invalidate the point of trying to ban a team out of certain strategies. For example, at MLG Anaheim, a major strategy was to ban both Kennen and Vladimir to lock the other team out of using a double WotA comp. Now a team can still do double WotA despite those bans, but they must use a weaker champion pick for top lane, like Rumble, Katarina or Mordeakaiser. Now let's fast forward a few months into the future. Riot has reworked Katarina so she is now a very viable WotA holder and a new manaless mage champ was just released who is a great top laner. Now you can no longer ban a team out of a double WotA comp even if you use all 3 of your bans against WotA users. Now if Riot refuses to up the number of bans, then we enter one of these situations; 1.) The entire point of banning becomes obsolete since we have too many champions and too many good comps, you can never use bans to lock an opponent out of any particular comp. 2.) Riot can never rework or release a champion that will fit well into an existing comp. No manaless mage ever. Katarina reworked into an AD caster. New champions that come out as viable solotop WotA holders all get nerfed heavily.