Is it time for a 4th ban on both teams in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perih Vashai

09-09-2012

Last I heard a red on this subject was something along the lines of

"We don't want people to be able to ban out all the AD carries or supports."

When you have this many champions, and only 8 acceptable choices for a given role, that isn't the players fault.

HasturHastur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2536873

Had a red response.

Lots of people asking for interwoven dota style bans after 6. I would support this.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

bump.

Diabolic Jungler

03-09-2013

I remember this thread...bump!

Merluza00

03-09-2013

Number of bans are based on what pro players needs.
Screw the rest of the 99.98% of the League of Legends players base

There will always be 2 or 3 broken champs per patch, and 2 or 3 that are a must ban in soloQ when you don't trust your team (shen, blitz,..). These leaves no room for strategy.

Asylum Lux

03-09-2013

I really think that the number of bans per side should increase as champions are released - as a regular thing - to be 4% of all champions per side.

sathim

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rafikerus View Post
Lets think about this. At 100 champions next patch with the current bans you leave 94 champions available. With 4 bans you still leave 92. Reasons for not adding another ban are mostly so new players can play ranked once they hit 30. Well if you buy all the 450 and 1350 champions you have more than enough champions to play ranked anyway.

tl:dr Should we or should we not get a 4th ban since we're nearly at 100 champions. (Other similar games such as DotA have more bans just saying) and a similar number of champions.

Also please bump this so it can stay up for someone at Riot to see.

Edit: We are now at 101 champions. And i thought of another thing they could do if they don't want to add bans in the middle of a season. Don't allow new champs from the past 3 weeks in ranked. That way i don't have to worry about banning champs that will either get nerfed or need massive buffs ruining my or their team.

edit: We are now at 106 champions if i'm not mistaken. And we still have no evidence Riot will even add bans in the future.
riot said they aren't going to add bans. its on the forums somewhere i'm not going to find it. they had a discussion on if they did do it and why they won't do it.