Is it time for a 4th ban on both teams in ranked?

12345612 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khell DarkWolf

07-06-2012

because we took so long to change ranked and draft bans from 2 to 3 since tournaments were already using 3 bans for the longest time.

It is about time we jump to 5 bans per team.

Lord Arumen

07-06-2012

I disagree. Not everyone has 100 champs. Most people don't in fact. Most have an average of about 30 champs, and of those champs they can probably play 10 well. If 5 of those champs get banned then they may get stuck playing a champ they do not know how to play, and no one wants that.

MexicanxHitman

07-06-2012

Keep this bumped. I want to see if a red can give a reason we haven't already gotten another ban. Like the OP said DotA 2 and HoN (pretty sure) have 4 bans. And they have around the same number of champs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arumen View Post
I disagree. Not everyone has 100 champs. Most people don't in fact. Most have an average of about 30 champs, and of those champs they can probably play 10 well. If 5 of those champs get banned then they may get stuck playing a champ they do not know how to play, and no one wants that.
Unless the only champs you own consist or morg, malphite, jax, riven, shen, and shaco i doubt they will ban all your good champs.

SlavMan24

07-06-2012

behold i end threads

Khell DarkWolf

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arumen
it's still no different if it were to change to 4 bans per team. You already require to have enough champions in draft and ranked to subset the amount that can be banned.

If you don't have the champions to play draft/ranked, you stay in Blind pick.

Todays Forecast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Ban Soraka.
Ban Janna.
Ban Taric.
Ban Alistar.

VerdantDargon

07-06-2012

Must have a true draft format, with 4 or 5 bans per team. A picks -B Picks - B bans- A Bans - A picks ETC

CorruptDictator

07-06-2012

It is well past time for more bans per team, but there are two things to keep in mind. First, if they are going to make this change it will not be until Season 3, since they do not want to change the system for ranked play mid-season. Secondly, at the close of Season 1 the Devs made a post saying that as the champion pool grows they might look into limited the champion pool available for each individual season, thus reducing the need for more bans. I am way too lazy to find this post, but I bet if you google for things relating to the close of Season 1 you can find it.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadarac152 View Post
Must have a true draft format, with 4 or 5 bans per team. A picks -B Picks - B bans- A Bans - A picks ETC
I personally would love that. One of my favorite things in Dota is the banning system.

Elan Tedronai

07-06-2012

I could still be happy with 2 bans. When I'm FP I usually just randomly ban what other people have been banning or ban those that directly counter who I am going to play. The only two champions I don't like to see are Shen and Shaco. I couldn't care less about other bans.

12345612 ... 29