Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fizz E questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrdj304

07-06-2012

Ok so i have played fizz as my favorite for a few monthes now and was wondering a few things.
A well-timed E can dodge everything- except this.

Maokai, his snare will always root fizz even if he e's just as he is coming up
Maokais seeds always follow fizz even when untargetable, even though the damage can be dodged if timed perfectly
Vladimir's hemophlauge can be dodged when he plants it, but unlike karthus's ult you cannot dodge the explosion it has
Veigar stun, even before this change, was inescapable with e, and q'ing just stuns you after dash.

Are these all as intended? Veigar is fine but vlad and mao piss me off since no matter what you recieve damage and cc.

Another question in the meantime- i played varus a while back and j4 ulted me just as i ulted him(there were 3 enemies around) and in white it said something like "untouchable" or something, and my ult fizzled for an entire initiation of a teamfight. We lost the game after they baroned and i just cant see how that is how it was intended

The FireWater

07-06-2012

I didn't know about Mao, but Hemoplauge works like any other debuff you already have on. It's not the same has Zils bomb, if you failed to dodge it's application, it'll still blow up on you. Kinda like how Ignite and Fidd's drain will keep hurting Vlad thourgh his trollpool.

mrdj304

07-06-2012

As a bump and an additional statement, when i say everything i mean everything except fiddle drain and it wont break tethers. If fiddle drains you you can dodge a tick or get out of range. If morgana ults you, i THINK you can dodge the stun by jumping when it pops. Everything else as far as i know is fair game. Every single thing with a cast timer can be dodged, even ryze snares and Reckless Blows, and they still go on cooldown. You just need to react fast as hell or get lucky

mrdj304

07-06-2012

Quote:
The FireWater:
I didn't know about Mao, but Hemoplauge works like any other debuff you already have on. It's not the same has Zils bomb, if you failed to dodge it's application, it'll still blow up on you. Kinda like how Ignite and Fidd's drain will keep hurting Vlad thourgh his trollpool.

Trollpole and vlad pool are very different. Vlad dosent fizzle particles when he pools, and you can dodge ticks of ignite and fiddle drains as fizz. The thing is, those are DoTs, and vlads is more like Karthus's.
You can also dodge ticks of mordes ult.

Daharon

07-06-2012

You can escape Veigar's stun with E, I've done it repeately. You can't dash through it anymore though.

Also Morgana's ult, *once cast* you can avoid the second part of the damage with E but not the stun.

You forgot to mention DoTs like ignite or malz's visions will still tick when jumping.

Quote:
The FireWater:

You can negate zil's bombs with E, just wait til the timer hits 1 and E.

mrdj304

07-06-2012

Quote:
Daharon:
You can escape Veigar's stun with E, I've done it repeately. You can't dash through it anymore though.

Also Morgana's ult, *once cast* you can avoid the second part of the damage with E but not the stun.

You forgot to mention DoTs like ignite or malz's visions will still tick when jumping.

Ok i havent seen a veigar in like 2 monthes as fizz, i guess i just messed up.
You can dodge ticks of ignite or Visions i thought, Can't you? I am pretty sure ive stopped from dying to ignite several times by dodging its last tick...

I didnt even think about MV.

Daharon

07-06-2012

Quote:
mrdj304:
Ok i havent ween a veigar in like 2 monthes as fizz, i guess i just messed up.
You can dodge ticks of ignite or Visions i thought, Can't you? I am pretty sure ive stopped from dying to ignite several times by dodging its last tick...

I didnt even think about it.

Sadly it doesn't, that's why people pick Malz against Fizz so often, I've seen other Fizzs and myself die in the middle of jumping on the pole because of ignite.

Deikan

07-06-2012

E makes fizz untargetable, does not mean immune to damage, so any DoTs will still hit fizz in his E

mrdj304

07-06-2012

Quote:
Daharon:
Sadly it doesn't, that's why people pick Malz against Fizz so often, I've seen other Fizzs and myself die in the middle of jumping on the pole because of ignite.

Ignite im 99.9 percent sure you can dodge a tick or two. 1 tick isnt much but it can save you from death...

mrdj304

07-06-2012

Quote:
Deikan:
E makes fizz untargetable, does not mean immune to damage, so any DoTs will still hit fizz in his E

Fizz's e is more like zhonyas than it is like vlads pool. Zhonyas makes you immune to damage- ive NEVER taken damage on top of fizz's pole besides a few bugs in the pbe and Vlad's ultimate. And never mv because ive never malz vs fizz