Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Orianna Passive Changes

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlizzFreak77

Member

07-06-2012

Can anybody tell me what changes they're making to Orianna's passive?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5imple

Senior Member

07-06-2012

she was nerfed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlizzFreak77

Member

07-06-2012

I was looking for actual details as to what the changes were. Perhaps someone in the PBE could enlighten me further?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Malevolence

Senior Member

07-06-2012

I recall hearing "Each stack is twice as powerful, but there are only two now".
Which would imply it's 133% as strong as it is now, but I don't believe that's the case. It's probably just as strong as before barring the fact that it now only requires two hits to be at full damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rufen

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
DivineMalignance:
I recall hearing "Each stack is twice as powerful, but there are only two now".
Which would imply it's 133% as strong as it is now, but I don't believe that's the case. It's probably just as strong as before barring the fact that it now only requires two hits to be at full damage.


Yes, it's this. It maxes out at two stacks. Which is technically going to make her do more damage if you were the type of Orianna who used her auto attacks during your Q poking, or Q+W poking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Malevolence

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Quote:
Wicked Lulu Bot:
Yes, it's this. It maxes out at two stacks. Which is technically going to make her do more damage if you were the type of Orianna who used her auto attacks during your Q poking, or Q+W poking.


Or didn't use mana to poke at all and made full usage of your autoattacks all boss style.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralAardvark

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Quote:
DivineMalignance:
Or didn't use mana to poke at all and made full usage of your autoattacks all boss style.


Using both is far superior. You can easily run someone down with Q W, land 2-4 auto attacks, then E when they decide to fight back or Q R if they keep running.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RpiesSPIES

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
AdmiralAardvark:
Using both is far superior. You can easily run someone down with Q W, land 2-4 auto attacks, then E when they decide to fight back or Q R if they keep running.


Using Q+W in the laning phase is a great way to run oom quickly. A Q and 1-3 basics is enough to pop 1 or 2 of the enemy's pots. W shouldn't be used much in the lane aside from getting the kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralAardvark

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Quote:
RpiesSPIES:
Using Q+W in the laning phase is a great way to run oom quickly. A Q and 1-3 basics is enough to pop 1 or 2 of the enemy's pots. W shouldn't be used much in the lane aside from getting the kills.


Question: Do you build Chalice? If no, then I understand why you are reluctant to use W.

If you build Chalice and double Dorans Rings, you can just press all the buttons whenever they are off CD. This makes it impossible to deal with Orianna in lane, gives you high farm and harass potential, and lets you bully people.

EDIT: My typical build is boots > chalice + 1 or 2 dorans > sorcs > deathcap > defensive AP item > void staff > athenes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deleven

Senior Member

07-06-2012

i read a thread that some one read a thread that said they lowered the ap ratio on the passive but increased the base damage on the passive, in total, they said it was really nice early game and didn't notice the change late game


12