Ottawa Legends LAN Tournament

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carrn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Okay so here is the official confirmation/advertising thread for the Ottawa Legends LAN Tournament!

For those of you who do not know already, this is a LAN tournament being hosted (somewhat obviously) in Ottawa, Canada.

WHEN: July 14th, 10am
WHERE: iPlay Network Gaming Lounge, 1565 Maple Grove Road
STREAM: tba when it is finalized

RULES:
--- 5v5 Tournament Draft mode on Summoner's Rift
--- Double Elimination Bracket
--- All matches will be one (1) game, with the exception of the Winner's Final, Loser's Final, and Grand Final
--- Games can be exited and remade in Blind Pick if there is some kind of bug, rune page glitch, player disconnect, or any other reason before 5 minutes have elapsed and first blood has not been given
--- If there is a need to pause the game, the Pause function may be used. Before resuming gameplay, teams must ensure that one of the tournament Admins confirms that all players are ready

PRIZES:
--- There is $300 in prize money for the first place team alone!

--- This tournament is for 8 teams maximum (there are currently 7 who have confirmed their registration)
--- There is a fee of $35/player who wishes to participate in the tournament
--- Anybody wishing to register a team must email me at carrnlol@hotmail.ca and include the names of their Team and the Summoners who are on it

DETAILS:
--- Although the Lounge has computers, players are allowed to BYOC if they would like
--- This extends to peripherals as well; players can bring their own keyboards and mice if they feel more comfortable using their own
--- The Lounge does not have headsets though, so if your team plans on using Vent, TS, or anything else you will have to bring your own
--- On the subject of Voice Chat, there will be a Raidcall server set up for teams to use for the tournament. If teams have their own servers for a different Chat service they are welcome to use those, however this will prevent teams who do not have their own from being at a disadvantage

SUBSITUTES: Because this is a LAN event and we are only able to prize teams of 5, we have established the following rules for subbing players
--- Teams are allowed to substitute a different Summoner who is not one of their 5 regular members at the start of the day only
--- This is to ensure that the people who play in the tournament are treated fairly and receive their prizes, but also so that teams with an extra player cannot have any kind of extra advantage by swapping in somebody else last minute to confuse their opponents
--- The ONLY exception will be if there is some kind of emergency, a player becomes sick, etc. In that case, it will be up to the teams to split the prizes on their own; Riot and Ottawa Legends are only providing prizes to 5 players per team

If you're interested at all please get in touch with me, here or by email. We will be showing the games on the big screen TV at the lounge as well, and although there isn't a lot of room for spectators (feel free to watch the stream though!) we can try and work something out

s0ma

07-06-2012

i promise to arrive as wasted as possible!

I Slamd your dad

07-08-2012

how will you organize the prizes?
70% / 20% / 10% ?

1g Night Stalker

07-08-2012

Kind of pointless posting it if there's already 7 teams on 8 registered. I live in the Ottawa area but seeing that I'll pass on playing. Although being a gaming league manager... would be interesting to see the organizational side of it

Carrn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

I'm not doing prizes by percentage, although it's about that I think. Might work out something closer to 65 / 25 / 10, although like I said I didn't do it by percentage

Karth

07-09-2012

Do you still have spot for 1 more team?

1g Night Stalker

07-09-2012

Can people come and visit, as a spectator?

Carrn

07-10-2012

No sorry spots for this tournament are all filled up! Watch for another tournament to be hosted in the next couple months!

We don't have much space for spectators, but you're more than welcome to pop by and see how many people are there. Don't forget we will be streaming the matches

Carrn

07-11-2012

Update! Missing one team, down to 7 again