I need Katarina tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raolan

07-06-2012

I've decided I want to main her in ranked, and I do relatively well with her but so far I'm still experimenting with builds, so any tips/items would be great other than "Don't get CC'd"

I almost never buy tanky items on Katarina, since I play her mostly as a kamikaze champion with insane damage.

Gunblade first item?

Zal

07-06-2012

Raolan, why don't you add me in-game, there's so much in a champion you really cant just type in a forum. I coach/mentor all players that are willing to learn, though over here I'll a little of what I can teach you about her ^^
With Katarina, you rely heavily on your team's ability to CC anti-carries as well as your team's ability to position themselves correctly.

-If you're playing her as a SoloQ Ranked
>Start with Boots and 3 Health pots always, (unless you are vsing a LeBlanc or Ryze, if you are then build a Null Magic mantle and 2 Health Pots)
>Then build a Hextech Revolver (Remember to always have 1 ward in your inventory, since your playing Katarina, it is crucial for your jumps)
>Finish your boots into a Sorceress Boots, (unless you are vsing a LeBlanc or Ryze, if you are, build into a Mercuty Threads)
>Build it into a Hextech Gunblade (If you ar losing your lane, you may build it into a Will of the Ancients instead)
>If you seem to be winning, then build into a Rabadons next starting off with a Needlessly Large Rod), though if you are losing build into a Rylais Scepter, starting with Giants Belt, then Amplifying Tome then Blasting Wand.
>After building either of those, you want to build a Rylais Scepter or a Rabadon's DeathCap, whichever you didnt buy previously.
>Then on, build whatever you find necesary.
==>Btw, I'm telling you to buy HP gear, because you need the extra life, playing with Randoms ^^

Plz take a look at my forum ^^, I can help you out alot more <3
My Forum thread is:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2323656

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSummon4eva View Post
>Build it into a Hextech Gunblade (If you ar losing your lane, you may build it into a Will of the Ancients instead)
>If you seem to be winning, then build into a Rabadons next starting off with a Needlessly Large Rod), though if you are losing build into a Rylais Scepter, starting with Giants Belt, then Amplifying Tome then Blasting Wand.
>After building either of those, you want to build a Rylais Scepter or a Rabadon's DeathCap, whichever you didnt buy previously.
Hm... I don't agree with buying a WoTA, the extra 8% spell vamp dosen't look better then +40 AD +15% Life Steal +Gunblade Active (300 Magic Dmaage + Slow) Gunblade will deal more damage and it will give you some lifesteal that helps...

Rylai's Crystal 500 HP is nice but you are going to spent many gold in less damage, as katarina you want damage, that's your job, the only thing Katarina does it's damage!

A Hourglass will be much more effectvie imo (cause of it's passive)... If they have a fed AP Caster I usually go for a Hexdrinker or Negatron to build a Abyssal Scepter...

So, I usually go: Boots + 3 pots >>> Hextech Revolver / Sorc >>> Gunblade >>> Situational: Deathcap / Hourglass / Abyssal / Mejai's / Guardian Angel / Maw of Malmortius

Zta

07-06-2012

Onerblack, I completely understand. though I believe that the WotA will really help if you're losing, considering the Hextech Gunblade cost alot more. Considering he's trying out katarina in ranked, he will need as much early-game power, since ranked games in his ELO cap usually has its share of snowballs.

Ps. I woud definately Finish with Zhonyas.

Noxian Mercenary

07-06-2012

Kat is a great champion, as well as my main. Glad to see you're picking up on her.

My rune set:
-mPen reds
-armor yellows
-mRes blues
-MS Quints

Masteries - 21/9/0

Reasonings:
mPen reds because all of her attacks deal magical damage.
Armor yellows because you need to be able to take a few hits in team fights, and it helps with minion aggro.
mRes blues because, as a mid, you will most likely be facing mids.
MS quints because Katarina needs to be able to get to where she needs to go for ganking, and even in her lane.

21 in offense for the mPen, executioner, CDR, AP/level...all good things for Katarina.
9 in defense for the extra HP/5, and the 6 armor/mRes helps plenty.

Start boots/3. You'll have 392 movespeed and be quite maneuverable in lane.
Skill order is R>Q>E>W

Item build:
-Boots/3
-Revolver + Wards
-mPen boots + Replenish Wards
-Gunblade
-Deathcap
-Abyssal Scepter
-Rylai's, or if heavy AD, Zhonyas.

In lane, harass with Q, but do NOT miss out on last hits. If their spell rotation is down (say you dodged it all), harass with a Q->E for "Tons of Damage".

At the end of the game I have 100+ in both armor stats as well as some decent health. As Kat, her job is to find the squishy players and slam them hard.

Tadziu Suraisaa

07-08-2012

Prolly the best Kat player in the game : http://www.facebook.com/TiensiNoAkuma?filter=2 just ask him for tips.

xEpicLordx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadziu Suraisaa View Post
Prolly the best Kat player in the game : http://www.facebook.com/TiensiNoAkuma?filter=2 just ask him for tips.
TiensiNoAkuma and Scarra are both good katarina players

kavinh the third

07-08-2012

i don't think gunblade's even worth it. i usually go boots +3 pots into fast rylias and start ganking lanes or at least denying my opposing laner. the stats are nice but u can get a will of the ancient that gives an aura to help your team same spell vamp and ap and it's over 1k cheaper.

AyumiLove

06-27-2014

I think the most important items for Kat is Rabadon's Deathcap, Deathfire Grasp, Abyssal Scepter, and Zhonya's Hourglass. Sometimes, i like to add in a Locket of the Iron Solari because it make you look cool but you really dont need it. >_< Try it out! I think Kat really need ability power.

Mcbooze

06-27-2014

why'd you necro a 2012 thread.