Failed to Connect

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glove426

07-05-2012

Enough is enough, I am sick of this problem. I have tried fixing it a few times to no avail and it is just plain annoying. 99% of times when I go to join a game, after champ select, instead of going to the loading screens the LoL logo pops up and says,

"Failed to Connect

Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

It takes about a minute for the first error to pop up, then I hit retry, then it takes another minute for a SECOND error to pop up, and then I hit retry again and finally I get into the loading screen.

I have seen posts about this dating back to over a year ago with the same issue and I have yet to find a fix. It is frustrating when everybody has to wait for you to get into the game, EVERY GAME.

-my ports are forwarded correctly (or at least the test here http://www.firebind.com/tests/lol says they are).
-the issue is only at my house, it does not persist when I take my computer other places
-I tried disabling my routers firewall
-I uninstalled pando media booster
-All other games work fine
-And I made sure skype was configured right (idk people say this makes a difference)

Oh yes and my router is a westell. If you have anything to contribute please do.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-05-2012

Well, being the issue is only at your house and it doesn't persist on the same system at other locations, we know it isn't your system or the game itself.

This is going to be something to do with your client end devices, in your home. Either the router, your cable/dsl modem, etc. Who is your ISP? What type of internet service do you have? Cable, DSL, etc...

Glove426

07-05-2012

Thank you very much for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.

My ISP is CenturyLink and I have DSL

Glove426

07-05-2012

bump because website went down

Glove426

07-06-2012

bump again

Shinkada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Bumping because I have the same problem. Says failed to connect, have to retry twice before it manages to connect, happens every game.

ISP is TPG, modem is a Billion BiPac 7800N, firewall/antivirus is Avast, net type is ADSL2.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this issue has persisted through about four repairs, two reinstalls and a /total reformat/. I'm guessing it's some port ****.

Vampriste

07-13-2012

.... I have the exact same problem! T_T!

Shinkada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Bump, still ongoing.

W1re

07-16-2012

Same thing has been happening to me off and on. Yesterday was normal, today it 'failed to connect'.

westell router model A90-750060-07, isp cincinnati bell

I DUN GET IT

W1re

07-18-2012

still a problem.

12345 ... 6