NA is a server for North Americans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
I agree being rude is not the answer, but if a couple of players are talking in a different language (regardless of which it is) and the rest cannot understand them, they should stop.

That is, if 3/5 of the players are talking in Spanish but know English and the other 2 players only speak English, the team chat should be in English.
lolwut?

Ameranthene

07-07-2012

I don't see what the big deal is when someone speaks a different language. Wanna gank Garen? You type "GAREN" into the chat box and ping him...pretty sure they'll get the message.

lockpooh

07-07-2012

I would believe this to be an issue if when you did that an all English speaking team, your communication was actually decent. But more often than not, it isn't.

It's more attitude than region of origin that degrades communication.

NooobMcNoob

07-07-2012

protip the game is gettin translated to portuguese and there'll be an BR server.
Just saying

RuntimeMess

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldQuest View Post
Umm u do know mexico is called south america right? lol and canada isnt apart of the americas. Otherwise it would be called canada america. that just sounds silly!
For society's sake, I hope you are trolling. I'd hate to have someone with this attitude with any sort of occupation with responsibility in life.

mystical wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

I'm totally fine with people who don't speak English. Nine times out of ten I'll ask, "I can't understand you guys, am I missing anything?" and they will respond, "No, we're not talking about the game." I'm totally cool with that. If I don't get a response it doesn't really bother me either I just use pings for most everything.

TheRealBucko

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcaQ View Post
The lack of communication between players of different regions is prevalent on the NA server, but it cannot be blamed on either party (as many are blaming the non-english speakers for this).

Telling the non-English speaking NA players to GTFO is extremely rude, and reporting them for not speaking English is even more ridiculous.

Please tolerate diversity in the League of Legends community
I cant believe you would even start a thread about this. this is a team game so the team should speak all the same lang. so that you can communicate. so learn English to play English dominated game or lose games and make people rage and call you names. Stop being a baby. i will continue to report people that don't speak English and don't attempt to communicative with team. The report is completely justified they are not communicating with team.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin Anyone View Post
I'm so sick of being called "dude" and "bro" and everytime I call someone "doll" or "babe" things go up in flames. So why not talk about sexism? It's a serious issue, too. I've actually had someone tell me that it was okay that I was doing horrible (playing a champ I'd never played before solo top) because I was a girl and not much more could be expected. Of course, I reported the SoaB. But is this what girls get to deal with just for being girls? I shouldn't have to pretend to be a boy just to be respected as a player. My skills should be enough.
Perhaps if you were better, you would get more respect. Guys respect me for the most part, but not all do. A lot of the guys stand up for me, and I even call most of the plays in the game. You just gotta quit solo queuing, and meet a good group of guys.

Tavilicious

07-15-2012

dang Canadians! They are so nice!

really grinding my gears here...wait...do I have gears? :3

Styphi

07-15-2012

It saddens me to find people have to react this way about such a little problem.

I can go a whole game without typing. Pings are my best friend

Ironically there is a German word for my emotion.

>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weltschmerz