Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Facebook "Free Riot Points Codes"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcol

07-05-2012

So, I just thought I'd bring this to everybody's attention. This seems more like a phishing scam than anything legitimate.

Something going around on Facebook offering free riot points.

Be warned.

DreamLeviathan

07-05-2012

...Why on EARTH would you include the LINK to something that you think is probably a phishing scam? Just tell people to avoid things claiming they give free riot points.

Brightinly

07-05-2012

Anyone smart enough to play an online game should be able to tell that anything that comes from a site other than this one is a scam.

Narcol

07-05-2012

The link is more for the Riot Team, so they can check it out/shut it down or w/e it is they do.

Zodo

07-05-2012

We got a smart one here. lolz

Cruxious

07-05-2012

You could always open a support ticket with the link, so only Riot has access to it and not the whole community.

räen bøw

07-05-2012

nice try

Athorith

07-05-2012

if you're trying to phish... fail dude just fail I hope no one is stupid enough to click that.... if you're not edit your post and delete the link then send a ticket to riot with the link for them to investigate

Narcol

07-05-2012

omg you trolls.

*I AM NOT PHISHING* I am merely bringing this to your attention so you can avoid it. It even says that in the OP. I've sent the ticket to Riot, this is just for the community's benefit. It wouldn't really do much good to just say, "there's a facebook scam, avoid it!" At that point you don't even know what the scam is. So thank you all for making this difficult.

CommandShockwave

07-05-2012

Quote:
Narcol:
omg you trolls.

*I AM NOT PHISHING* I am merely bringing this to your attention so you can avoid it. It even says that in the OP. I've sent the ticket to Riot, this is just for the community's benefit. It wouldn't really do much good to just say, "there's a facebook scam, avoid it!" At that point you don't even know what the scam is. So thank you all for making this difficult.

How stupid can you be, you're sending curious idiots to the website RIGHT NOW by linking it.

Delete the link, or enjoy your forum ban.

This kind of stupidity isn't tolerated by mods especially when we're repeatedly telling you IT'S AGAINST THE RULES.