Getting Bored with LoL...Riot seriously needs a new map/s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiz Vault

07-05-2012

Honestly, I don't think people realize how much balancing has to go into a new map. Summoner's Rift has, essentially, been going on since the original "Aeon of Strife" Map was made in 1998-99. So it's been tested as the "main" map. To add another map to League would require so much careful planning that it's ALMOST not worth it. The fact is, even the other MOBA's don't REALLY have a new map and deep down, most dedicated League players don't care THAT much about a new map.

jloysnenph

07-05-2012

Heres another thought.

Dota 2 - one map

Hon - one map

Most other moba - one map

Lol is already better in terms of variety.

favabear

07-06-2012

I really don't want to see Riot sinking time and resources into making another map. Dominion was fun for a while, but it's really a different game entirely. Without one dominant map for competitive play, it gets really complicated to improve your skills.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrus View Post
I really don't want to see Riot sinking time and resources into making another map. Dominion was fun for a while, but it's really a different game entirely. Without one dominant map for competitive play, it gets really complicated to improve your skills.
Please explain Starcraft II to me then.

Brandon12332

07-06-2012

The thing about new maps is that you will need to play that map just as much as the original one to be able to get good at it. Take Twisted Treeline for example... It has the same objectives as Summoners Rift but it has a completely different layout and is much much smaller. Also in Treeline it's much more difficult to play a squishy Champion then it is in Summoners Rift because you can't always have someone there to help you out as much as you can in Summoners Rift. It will be that way with every new map and game mode that they come out with (maybe not the squishy part).

Don't get me wrong, I am up for a challenge and I would try out everything that Riot releases but I just feel that a more of a "first priority" kind of thing would be to work out bugs and balance the Champions. I do think that Riot should release a whole lot less Champions and skins and just work on balance and bugs, but new Champions do keep the game a little more interesting.

It would be kind of nice for new maps, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

corallein

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Please explain Starcraft II to me then.
3 races.
No non-player-controlled units.
Not a Dota-type game.

xEdgar

07-11-2012

I think there would be very cool if they made not like... hole new 5v5 maps or something like it because it would be very hard to do... but new "skins" for Twisted Tree Line which you can choose between... like one with a desert theme, a voolcano one, one with ice theme! It would be very preety and sweet!

Totodile Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

5 man free for all map would be awesome

Dakumonki

07-11-2012

Full jungle map 3 a team go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go do go go

Dakumonki

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrus View Post
Focus on the map you want to get good at...? Duuuuuuuuuuuh?