A Tail of Cards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MontyReinhardt

07-04-2012

Hello everyone, Monty here. I'm writing a story about my favorite mid-lane champion, Twisted Fate. It's a love story, but to see who it is I guess you'll have to read on. That is unless you get the pun :3 So without further ado let the first chapter commence!

Chapter 1

There wasn't anything true between them. Though you couldn't tell when they danced. Together they seemed so emotionally... well, together. Their dances enticed many a fantasy in the people's hearts that someday they can find someone so passionate and so loving as the couple that is Twisted Fate and Evelynn. Though, many would be surprised, no scandalized if they knew the truth about their arrangement. It was a gamble, as such Twisted Fate loved doing.

But as they danced together, passionately in front of their dance class, it seemed they were the ideal couple. Their legs intertwined and moved rapidly around the floor. Their grace and fiesty dance brought many eyes skyward. Many described them as... sharing quite a intimate moment while they are dancing. Their eyes are interlocked with such passion and fire, that it seems as if their very souls are tangoing with each other. Despite this, they only had hatred and a firey passion.

Twisted Fate went through motions like a well oiled machine. Evelynn basically captured the very essance of her being in her dance, graceful, dark, scary, yet.. appealing. It wasn't like Twisted Fate didn't have feelings for the Widowmaker, for he did have some, it was that Evelynn had none for him. At all. To her, he was just another man for her to conquer. Twisted Fate knew this, and he vowed to never let her win.

As their dance ended, the small group of students erupted with pleasure and applause. It was not often that they danced with each other for their class as they preferred teaching the students by dancing with them. Evelynn smiled slightly and bowed saying, "I hope you all watched intently. The key to dance is not just the movement, but the emotion you put into it." Twisted Fate only nodded.

The class was dismissed from there and Twisted Fate began packing up. He wasn't feeling to hot today. Evelynn came up behind him and hit him on the shoulder laughing, "Cheer up Card Master. You performance was... Spectacular." She said putting emphasis on the final word. Twisted Fate only sighed. It was like this every night. She'd come over still act like there was someone watching. Evelynn shook her head, "If you hate it so much... you could always accept defeat."

Twisted Fate snorted loudly, "Well, honey doll, let me tell you that you ain't gonna win this bet. I'm gonna win it. So don't you worry 'bout that." Once again another mundane boring part of his life. Every day they had this little discussion. Every day. It was beginning to wear on him. What made it worse was the fact that Twisted Fate was rarely summoned. Only occasionally was he summoned, and even then, he and his summoner could not cooperate correctly and usually ended up losing. The amount of problems in Twisted Fate's life was starting to pile up.

The city of Demacia was in a buzz in the late afternoon. A tournament had started to decide a small territorial dispute between Noxus and Ionia. It was an interesting match up, seeing as the teams could choose any champion who volunteered to be entered into the draft. As usual, Twisted Fate put his name into the tournament in hope that he could get picked. As he was walking he heard from a nearby person, "I hear that they are picking champions soon! I wonder who Ionia will choose?"

Of course the Demacians would root for Ionia. After all, Noxus is the mortal enemy of Demacia, but that didn't bother Twisted Fate none. He didn't care for the petty political disputes that had spread throughout the land. He made his way home when he heard in his head, "Your name has been input into the tournament, please make your way to the institute of war for the tournament selection."

Twisted Fate sighed again, "Well, it seems li'l ole me needs to report to the Institute.... Again..." The Card Master shook his head as he teleported straight outside the Institute of war. He made his way to a nearby desk and reported in. He sat quietly while he waited for the ten summoners to pick whoever and for him to leave.

Maybe I'll just go to sleep when I get home, He thought dully. Bans were comeon, Kassadin walked away slowly, disappointed that, yet again, he was banned. Other common bans were in place such as Shen and Amumu, with the latter crying his eyes out stating, "No one wants to be friends with me." Twisted Fate snorted, Over dramatic there kid.

Twisted Fate didn't pay much attention to the selection. All he knew that it down to final pick. The final summoner looked at the list intently, and with only ten seconds left he called out a name, "For my final pick, I summon Twisted Fate, the Card Master, to be used in this tournament." Twisted Fate had gotten up to leave already, but suddenly stopped when he heard his name. Many thought that the final summoner was going to be Katarina, but it seemed Noxus wanted to do a fast ball and switch things up.

Inside, the Card Master smiled and nodded. He turned and bowed his hat, and he felt the tug of the summoning to the Rift. As he appeared, he found himself next to Darius, Lulu, Draven, and his "ole friend" Nocturne. He smiled and commented to Lulu, "Seems to me that you look a little out of place here friend." Still dressed in his tango uniform, he ruffled the hat of Lulu and she let out a happy sigh.

"At least you're someone that isn't too scary." She said with obvious enthusiasm, "I didn't mean to get picked by Noxus."

Twisted Fate laughed as he bought boots and potions, "I know what ya mean there Lulu," Twisted Fate turned to Nocturne and said, "Seems like you an me ain't never going to get rid of each other huh?"

"Leash... Fool." Nocturne said. He had always said that, but if there was one thing that Twisted Fate liked, it was being on a team with Nocturne. It was a very classic team as they worked well together. Twisted Fate ran off into the jungle and waited. He still didn't know who the enemy team was, but he didn't care. He felt his Summoner speaking to him, but he didn't pay much attention. He leashed blue for Nocturne and retreated to mid lane.

He looked around for the enemy champion but he/she was nowhere in sight. Twisted Fate sighed and started attacking minions. That was when felt himself inexplicable drawn towards the nearby bush. Immediately he knew what he was up against. A burst from three different champions came at Twisted Fate forcing his summoner to flash him out of the attack, barely keeping him alive.

He groaned as he recalled back to the nexus. There he healed and headed back out to mid lane. There his opponent smiled and waved, "Hey there handsome." She stood sleek and toned. Beautiful and attractive. And probably the worst champion that the Card Master could go up against right now. There in the middle of the lane stood Ahri, the Nine Tailed Fox.

-----

Leave some comments below if you like or don't like.

Pepsilicious

07-04-2012

To be quite honest, I don't seem to take the liking to TF x Evelynn, but I don't hate it either. My feelings for the pairing is just neutral (not to offend you, just being completely honest). But the story is very amusing and I felt quite surprised at the end with Ahri charming him in the beginning of the battle(x The paragraphs were very detailed and went by fast to the main point of the chapter, I like it.
I received your review on my one-shot recently and I would like to ask if there were specific meanings to your term "lacking parts". See, I have not written fan fictions in quite a while and I wanted to know if there were helpful advice you could give me. I may write a sequel to it haha ^-^

I appreciate you taking the time to read my story so in return I spend my minutes reading every word of yours and enjoying it gratefully. This has inspired me very deeply. Thank you.

MontyReinhardt

07-05-2012

Thank you for your imput. I enjoy it. I decided to choose Twisted Fate X Ahri for a few reasons. 1, Twisted Fate seems like a ladies man, 2, I love Twisted Fate, despite the fact that I'm not great with him, 3, I have never won as Twisted Fate against an Ahri. Ever. While I love Twisted Fate and I love Evelynn, I just didn't really see them as a couple. Friends? Yes. Couple? No.

Oh and check your thread again, I'm going to edit my post to include some advice.

Pepsilicious

07-05-2012

Oh I understand now. xD
See I got a bit confused there.
Well this fan fic is great now that I understand it. I urge you to keep it up(:

Thanks for the advice again!

MontyReinhardt

07-05-2012

Thanks for the encouragement Pepsi, I plan on writing up the second chapter tonight! I also await your next installment!

MontyReinhardt

07-05-2012

Chapter 2

Twisted Fate groaned inwardly as the fox smiled seductively at him. He had been up against Ahri numerous times before, and each time he lost. He hated her skills with a passion. Not only that, her beautiful and exotic features distracted him. But his summoner knew this and was quite prepared. This was the first time in a long time that he had a summoner who actually knew what the hell he was doing. The Card Master was playing exactly how he always liked to play, passively.

Ahri was playing how she played, a nuisance. Any time that Twisted Fate got close, she tried to charm him. Twisted Fate was afraid of Ahri, because he knew that she would tear him to pieces. His face was grim and focused and he looked rugged. It was tiring fighting this woman, dodging her orb and charm spells, but he just managed. Ahri, however, was having a blast, "Well there big boy, seems like you need to relax a bit."

"Shut up she-wolf. You may be beautiful, but you're deadly, and I ain't letting my guard down once." The Card Master stated matter of factly.

"Oh I'm beautiful? Thank you darling." And like that she rushed forward unexpectedly, catching The Card Master by surprise. He was instantly hit by a charm and Udyr rushed out from the bush. Instantly stunned by the ferocious bear stance. As Udyr began to rip Twisted Fate apart the only sight he saw was Ahri giggling like a maniac.

She's is... gorgeous, Twisted Fate thought as he died. He always loved the sensation of death in the league. His essence was thrown high into the air and he watched the battle with a smile upon his face. The weightless feeling made him feel... well... more alive than when he actually was alive. He wondered if death was truly like this, but he didn't think he'd ever kill himself. There were too many suckers to con and money to be made. He sat up there watching Ahri and her movements, the graceful beauty dancing upon the battlefield.

It set off a fire in his heart. Unless he was feeling the tug back to the summoning platform. He soon found that out as he was summoned once more to battle. He turned to the shop keeper and bought Mercury Treads and ran off into battle once more.

-----------

The battle raged on past the one hour mark, and it when it was over, Twisted Fate almost fell over from exhaustion. It was an extremely close match, but the Ionian's won. Ahri and Udyr had dominated the entire match with their combined skills and Yi's new discovered "dunking" Wuju style had ruined them at every chance. Despite the numerous ganks from Twisted Fate and Nocturne, they weren't able to keep enough damage and pressure on all of them, causing Master Yi to pull off the disgraceful backdoor maneuver. It seemed the Ionians didn't care as long as they won.

Soon they were all teleported to the Institute once more. Bloody and exhausted Twisted Fate walked away from the others and began to leave.

"Card Master! You caused our defeat!" Draven called out mockingly. Twisted Fate tried to ignore Draven until a blade came whirling by his face. Twisted Fate's sense opened and he tensed himself for a fight.

"Do not start with me you pathetic entertainer." Twisted Fate said coldy, turning to match the icy glares from both Draven and Darius.

It was now Darius who spoke up, "You couldn't put a leash on that **** fox, so it is your fault worm." Darius now stepped towards Twisted Fate angrily. In this moment every part of him said run. His body almost ran on its own, but he did not. He stayed resolute staring coldly at the Noxians.

"Watch yourselves. Or Lady Luck may make your life hell." Despite all the exhaustion, Twisted Fate held steady. He stuck his hand in his card pouch and drew three cards.

"Darius! Draven! Here! Now!" called someone behind the Card Master. As Twisted Fate turned, he saw the Noxian Strategist Swain standing behind him, his bird perched quietly on his shoulder. Swain nodded towards Twisted Fate.

As Darius and Draven passed by Twisted Fate, Draven eyed him angrily saying under his breath, "Pray we never meet in battle Card Master, for I will tear you and your cards to pieces." Twisted Fate said nothing, but only continued to stare coldly at Draven. His eyes shone darkly as the anger surged deep within him. Next time that they would meet, he was going to completely destroy him.

He stood there for a few moments settling his anger and her turned to go to Gragas' Bar when he came face to face with his former enemy, Ahri. Twisted Fate looked at her with dull, cold eyes, "What do you want fox?" It was a harsh tone, one that was of exhaustion, defeat, and anger.

Ahri smiled widely, "That was a good match. You've gotten better." Twisted Fate's eyes tried to bore holes in her face, but as he looked at her all he could think about was how beautiful the fox looked before him. The exotic face, the sleek fur, her toned slender body... His expression softened a bit and he waved her off and tried to walk around her.

What happened next was completely unexpected. Without warning she leaned in and kissed Twisted Fate lightly on the cheek, winked at him and said, "Well, thank you for the compliment earlier. Many don't tell me I'm beautiful unless I charm them. You are quite handsome yourself." She purred into his ear and he felt shockwaves of emotion surge throughout his body. She then turned and left Twisted Fate standing in the middle of the empty room by himself.

Moments later he regained his composure. What the hell... is with her? Twisted Fate shook his head, and began to find his way to the bar. As he entered it he felt something swirl within him. That kiss... His cheek felt so... different now. He touched it subconsciously as he asked, "One graggy please." As he started drinking, his mind wandered to the beauty that was the fox...

-------

So yup, second chapter. Please comment and review it. This chapter took me a while to get down. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but then again I never really am. If you would like me to review yours just tell me and I will (:

Pepsilicious

07-06-2012

I am cracking up so hard. Nice chapter there, Monty xD (Poor TF)

Oh hey! I finally finished editing(: it's not much but I know it made a big difference ~

I hope to play another match with you, that last game was terrible even though it was for fun hahaha. You should let me play Ahri xD

Make Chapter Three soon! And let's team up for our collab! (:<

P.S Editing on iPod while "sleeping" isn't fun -__-"

MontyReinhardt

07-06-2012

Thank you very much I plan on putting out chapter 3 tonight or tomorrow. I'm glad at least someone besides me is enjoying it. If anyone else is reading this post a comment! :3

DomPadovan

07-06-2012

This is the first story about Twisted Fate that I see, and yet you're doing an awesome job!

Keep up the good work! I hope to read more soon! ^^

MontyReinhardt

07-06-2012

hey! someone else has read my story! I might not do it tomorrow because I realized it was my birthday I'm glad that someone else has responded though. Well if anyone else has anything to say please tell me. I'd like constructive feedback as well as parts that people liked the most about it. Just so you people know, it's not just going to be a romance. There will be action, as tensions are brewing between Twisted Fate's new rival (: