Sick of being told "That's Not the current Meta".....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gregori Hastur

Recruiter

07-04-2012

See I dont go by the meta a lot either, I do not troll but i play the game to have fun. I try out things like tank annie (currently 45/37/76 with her as a tank gtfo) just to add something new. Its a game and its meant for enjoyment, especially normal games ^-^

Mango027

07-04-2012

not everyone who plays unranked is level 30s testing new meta. A lot of them are either under 30, learning a new champion. don't have enough champions to play draft/ranked, not very good in a ranked environment, or trying to learn the meta. There are a lot of different types of people playing normal blinds.

Shadow Light M37

07-04-2012

What is meta?

OtterOfLegend

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Light M37 View Post
What is meta?
The default metagame team composition. AP mage mid, bruiser top, bruiser or tank jungle, ranged AD carry + 0cs support bot. It maximises the available resources for your team by ensuring that three champions get a full lane's worth of minion kills to themselves, and gets as much as you can out of the jungle. It makes sure the AD carry (who generally scales better with gold than experience) gets a safe lane to farm gold in, while the AP mage (who scales very well with levels) gets a solo lane's worth of experience. It gives you good map presence, and the ability to launch suprise attacks with your jungler emerging almost anywhere on the map.

Of course, it's not flawless, and can be beaten in certain ways. "Kill lanes" where the duo bot lane is more oriented towards getting a couple of early kills than just farming, but lack some of the ability to stay in lane forever are becoming more and more popular. Some teams run unusual compositions designed to emphasise certain strengths - such as tank mid/carry jungle setups, which allow champions like Master Yi to really shine, by letting him keep blue buff all game and not have to take the early damage, or Ryze/Kennen/Vladimir top, trading the traditional bruiser for a high-sustain, tanky mage who brings more utility to teamfights. Going against the meta is not an absolute no-no, but you should think about *why* you do what you do. If there's not some clear benefit to your unusual team composition, it'll probably suffer against a meta composition of similar skill.

*EDIT*: Fixed a silly mistake.

Skilltestingman

07-04-2012

there was a time when ad carry was mid

Lestat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

Professional tournaments are toxic to the future of this game. As much as I enjoy watching tournaments and pro teams play, if they do something at the latest tournament that works, everyone has to do it - and becomes meta, and you're a "troll" if you don't follow this. You get leavers, dodgers, afkers, trolls, feeders. People absolutely hate imagination. They want tried and true, and that's irritating.

WatDaWat

07-04-2012

It's a free game. Trolls will be trolls. Prove them otherwise and they might learn.

Pr0jectseph

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAntichrist View Post
Professional tournaments are toxic to the future of this game. As much as I enjoy watching tournaments and pro teams play, if they do something at the latest tournament that works, everyone has to do it - and becomes meta, and you're a "troll" if you don't follow this. You get leavers, dodgers, afkers, trolls, feeders. People absolutely hate imagination. They want tried and true, and that's irritating.
yep

FG5 Bdog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

I just went Urgot top in a ranked game, (1100) and i steamrolled top and they surrendered at 20.

Windless Bear

07-05-2012

I completely agree. The meta isn't all that great. It just forces teams into roles so that everyone knows what everyone else is doing, and that's honestly boring.

I don't like the idea of a 0 cs support on bottom lane. It just seems like you're throwing a person away and forcing them to be a trash character that can't do anything but cheer on the rest of the team and ward. And that support + carry bot combo totally fails against an enemy NOT also doing that.