Sick of being told "That's Not the current Meta".....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pr0jectseph

07-04-2012

I don't play a Normal Un-ranked game to play the "current meta"

I play it to try out new things.

And here's a hot little bit of info...

"The current Meta was not always the current Meta"

How do you think people come up with strategies? The test that **** out in normal unranked games!

It's seriously at the point now where any game where I think "Screw this, I'm gonna try <this guy> in <this lane> where the whole team cries, some dodge..some decide they will feed because I am "trolling".

It's a freakin joke.

I even try to explain:
"Look guys, they will be EXPECTING this, so why not have our range vs this melee guy, we will dominate the lane!!! We have the element of surprise here"

Trolling?! I'm trying new things with EVERY intention of trying to win (and I generally carry the team..even if it is a loss)

If you want to play "the current meta" (which im betting most of you crybabies heard the word once or twice and dont understand the meaning fully) then go play ranked games....and just watch how one day, a team who decide to try out new ideas in normal games absolutely steamrolls you ....then your shallow mind can sit and attempt to ponder what just happened.

Savot

07-04-2012

I absolutely agree with this. I recently wrote to riot about it:

Quote:
Dear Riot,

I'm writing to express my concern at the growing number of cases of unnecessary abuse. Unfortunately this is becoming an increasingly common occurrence especially at higher levels and during ranked games.This type of behavior has created a toxic environment in which it is no longer fun to play. In the earlier days of LoL I used to enjoy talking to my teammates but recently I have taken to preemptively ignoring them in order to avoid the barrage of inane and offensive comments. I sincerely hope that something can be done to bring the in-game atmosphere back in line with the spirit of the Summoner Code.
Unfortunately it's exactly this sort complaint that's making the game unbearable, a bit of a catch 22.

Pr0jectseph

07-04-2012

You know what's funny here, is I have gone through the same process.

First joined the League.

Had a blast, people were polite and it was fun.

Soon, it became almost "work" to come on just to play a game.
In fact, I have also begun doing what shouldn't be needed. And that's per-ignoring the team because I can tell what's coming.

And that sucks. Since I enjoy working with a cohesive team setup.

Atm, 1/15 or so games is a pleasant one.

Savot

07-04-2012

I suspect it is only going to get worse as reasonable players are driven off. At last count there were 4 threads on the front page of this forum dealing with players inability to communicate without falling back on insults and name-calling.

OzPin0y

07-04-2012

Totally agree. RTS should not be governed by it's meta - if we all follow meta, it will become too predictable..

artilus

07-04-2012

heimerdinger ! .enough said

Danish Vikingz

07-04-2012

Just saying, you won't break the meta in solo que.. People still play to win, even though it's a normal. Breaking the meta, requires a team, it won't be done because one guy chooses not to follow it and in 90% it will make you loose....

Fat Mchugelarge

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0jectseph View Post
I don't play a Normal Un-ranked game to play the "current meta"

I play it to try out new things.

And here's a hot little bit of info...

"The current Meta was not always the current Meta"

How do you think people come up with strategies? The test that **** out in normal unranked games!

It's seriously at the point now where any game where I think "Screw this, I'm gonna try <this guy> in <this lane> where the whole team cries, some dodge..some decide they will feed because I am "trolling".

It's a freakin joke.

I even try to explain:
"Look guys, they will be EXPECTING this, so why not have our range vs this melee guy, we will dominate the lane!!! We have the element of surprise here"

Trolling?! I'm trying new things with EVERY intention of trying to win (and I generally carry the team..even if it is a loss)

If you want to play "the current meta" (which im betting most of you crybabies heard the word once or twice and dont understand the meaning fully) then go play ranked games....and just watch how one day, a team who decide to try out new ideas in normal games absolutely steamrolls you ....then your shallow mind can sit and attempt to ponder what just happened.
You know what's strange? I actually agree with you this time (although you're still a jerk).

Even in rank games, you're allowed to go against the current meta, as long as you remain positive and explain to your team mates why it works.

Pr0jectseph

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
You know what's strange? I actually agree with you this time (although you're still a jerk).

Even in rank games, you're allowed to go against the current meta, as long as you remain positive and explain to your team mates why it works.
Im a jerk? totally subjective statement there buddy.

Not sure it was necessary to throw that bit in here, but whatever. free forum.

quad2408

07-04-2012

A year before Heal became the meta on carry I was taking heal and people always raged and called me a noob for it. I always wondered why? Heal heals the carry more than his allies!

Conclusion: LoL players aren't creative are just sheep.