Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Lyte, Abuse of reporting system and what Tribunal still lacks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sehdrik

07-03-2012

So i'm in Tribunal right now, and I come across this case where a player was constantly told to go play bots/computers and that they would never beat them.

This person was reported just for being new to the game, and it disgusts me because the people that were actually verbally abusing this play not only abused them but used the "N" racial slur over and over.

It upset me that this person was put into Tribunal rather than the people who were abusing him/her.

This player was making nice conversation through the entire game and then got discouraged by the people on his/her team, but did not stop playing.

I would like to be able to Tribulate the other player in this case, but I cannot since the Tribunal only focuses on the report at hand, that's inefficient at removing toxic players when the players that are actually toxic are reporting people for no good reason, therefore removing nice players because they find it unfair, which it is, and the "I'm gonna smash Punish every 20 seconds and get free IP hurr" dosen't help one bit.

Which not only reduces playerbase but actually gives Riot more work to do.

I would like to be able to non-anonymously write my interpretation of the case at hand, honestly Riot if you read the interpretations that players enter when they submit a vote can and will reduce the work you have to do, so many simple changes that can stop the toxicity and get your point across.

Also, I would like to see the ELO and Level that these people are playing at, that way you can determine if the people in these sort of games are low leveled and getting bad mouthed by spineless smurfs.

I have skipped countless amounts of cases due to not being able to give my thoughts fully, I feel like a mindless robot going "Green botton o Red botton?"

I know you guys have improved Tribunal recently, but it still needs more work to fulfill maximum potential.

tl;dr Riot let me write my opinion on the case and report people inside the case too.

inb4 ignored and no replies from Riot at all....

I took the time to think all of this out, type it all out, take the screenshots, take out the names of the players involved in the case, so obviously I care and you should too Riot.

@Lyte once again.

And I present:..... (in order, pay attention to all half-filtered words)

Nerf RIP

07-03-2012

Ashe clearly abused them.

Sehdrik

07-03-2012

Quote:
Nerf RIP:
Ashe clearly abused them.

what

Phenòm

07-03-2012

bump

Sehdrik

07-03-2012

bump

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-03-2012

I've mentioned this before in other threads, but we do not allow reporting of other people in a Tribunal case because it is usually redundant--they usually already have their own cases in the Tribunal.

Imagine this:
Case 1, Reported Person: Jax
Another toxic player in the same game: Lulu

Case 2, Reported Person: Lulu
Another toxic player in the same game: Jax

If we allow players to report others in the Tribunal case, we'd just see repeated reports for Lulu and Jax just stacking up over and over.

Thorrbo

07-03-2012

hi sage!

Prodeine

07-03-2012

The ashe is obviously trolling

Sehdrik

07-03-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
I've mentioned this before in other threads, but we do not allow reporting of other people in a Tribunal case because it is usually redundant--they usually already have their own cases in the Tribunal.

Imagine this:

If we allow players to report others in the Tribunal case, we'd just see repeated reports for Lulu and Jax just stacking up over and over.

So that means that you have about a 1/100,000 chance of getting to the other Tribunal case just to report that one person?

Then can you link case to case? Like a little button under the the voting options, like this.

Select other cases from this game:
Lulu
Nasus
Orianna

Diamondragan

07-03-2012

Quote:
Lyte:

Imagine this:

Baron Nashor of Justice has made an appearance!

I just thought I should let you know that there is an astonishing amount of AFKers and it would be nice if you made the autoboot system much more strict. At no point should players actually be doing nothing, especially for several-minute long time stretches.

Wouldn't want to say anything offensive lest my legitimate request be disregarded by someone that values statistics over lingering negative game impact.

Oh dear, there I go again...