CRC Error When installing League of Legends, help!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iceapple

11-04-2009

Hi everyone, thanks for checking out my post..

I am having trouble installing LoL on my pc.. i have reinstalled windows to try and fix this but it still appears each time I begin the installer. Here is the error message, and there are several of these throughout the install, if i choose to ignore each one. I have downloaded the newest version on here but same error.

CRC ERROR: The file d:\docume~1\owner\locals\temp\{some very long number}\{some very long number}\Microsoft_vc80_CRT_x86.msm doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

it then gives me the option to abort, retry, or ignore the install error.

And then there are several more of these, the files in question being

CRC error: the file d:\riot games\LoL\game\heropak_client.zip doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file.. etc..

CRC error: the file d:\riot games\LoL\game\League of Legends.exe doesnt match..

"" map1.zip doesn't match..
"" map2.zip doesn't match..

and pretty much any of the other files. as i said I have had this problem through OS reinstalls so I think it's a hardware problem.. got any ideas?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-04-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Could you post your dxdiag for me?

When is the last time you downloaded the setup file? CRC errors can occur from corruption during a download:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/download

Is D drive a removable device by any chance? Have you tried installing the game into a different directory?

iceapple

11-04-2009

Nope D: is not a removable device, it's a brand new HDD. I've tried installing multiple times and with different installers.. but I am sure it's something else because I've downloaded the setup atleast 5+ times and tried installing with all of them, same result. Last time I downloaded it was today.

i also have tried multple directories to no avail. here's my dxdiag. thanks!

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-05-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I can't think of any reason why League of Legends would be getting CRC errors while installing. I looked for a solution on google but couldn't find anything I can provide you with. You may want to search yourself for information on CRC errors.

I found a few links/tools that you might want to start with:

General CRC error info - http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/fixing-crc-error/

A tool that claims to fix CRC errors (can't confirm, d/l at own risk) - http://www.diagnoseyourpc.com/?t202i...D=237336578022

reapermaster

11-05-2009

I would recommend you download the ISO version of memtest 86 and run a RAM test for a few hours. If you need furhter help let me know.

gh0sty

11-05-2009

Your downloads are corrupted . At what speed did you download.

iceapple

11-07-2009

Thanks guys, tried MEMTEST and so far no RAM errors.. but I will check this again because recently I took out a bad stick of RAM. It's strange because the game had always worked before that.. but i don't think that's the issue..

litterally EVERY other game works on this PC. i don't see how the download could be corrupted because I have downloaded the installer atleast 5x from this website, and every other download works just fine for me. I'm going to post this somewhere else, a computer tech forum maybe and then report back here if I can solve it..

I will run memtest today to check for more errors.. thanks..

iceapple

11-07-2009

Ok, so it's not the RAM, the OS, or the hdd.. What else could this possibly be... it worked on here a while ago.. is there any way to install the game manually or something? or possibly with a different installer?

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

It's really silly, but a guy got his to work when he renamed the installer before installing. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=23708
Maybe that might help some?

iceapple

11-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
It's really silly, but a guy got his to work when he renamed the installer before installing. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=23708
Maybe that might help some?
Alright, I'll give that a try! thanks!

I've changed the download name before downloading to something else and also reconnected my HDD cables in a different configuration to see if this will fix it.