Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ResetMyLife

07-04-2012

he seems op, now im just waiting for the ratios and ability scaling

s0le

07-04-2012

Besides how incredibly out of character Viktor behaves in jayce's lore, the entire scenario: "i've been robbed, gov'ment won't help, flies solo, comes back hero despite going against the gov'ment, realizes that theiving antagonist is be pissed and will strike again, so prepares for the worst" that whole situation seems cliché to me.

Ebonmaw Dragon

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbaltDeath View Post
he seems op, now im just waiting for the ratios and ability scaling
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jayce

A Cubone

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvas View Post
While you do bring up a good point about certain differences that make this sound a tad better, I think the popular interpretation is that both are in the shared field. Further, Viktor is all about credit going to who it is due- and therefore, this portrays him as a hypocrite, which...is kind of a no-no to the Viktor fans, as you see.

Believe it or not, the story could be done in a way that wouldn't enrage fans nearly so much: In a Journal of Justice rather than a character bio. Tell us about Jayce for his bio, not how cool he is for whooping up on a character that appears to be written by a different author for jollies.

Then again, I have a lesser version of the same rant when it comes to Nasus's bio about Renekton. :/ I can't help but think that, storywise, the writers imply that the biographies aren't necessarily all fact and may be biased.

Good thought for thinking about the positives!
I agree and disagree that Viktor is all about credit going to who it is due to. According to his lore, before his augmentations he was all about that. But it says "Desiring both to revolutionize his field and to eliminate the jealous human emotions which festered inside him...." And then later on in his lore it says that "His transformation had stripped him of what he perceived as his emotional weaknesses, but there was some lingering residue of resentment against the Professor."

My interpretation of this is that after the augmentations Viktor became a cold calculating machine driven to bring about "the glorious evolution." He still felt some resentment but he no longer had human emotions such as jealousy or pride. Being that his ultimate goal is "the glorious evolution," wouldn't it make sense for a calculating individual or machine to find the best possible way to do that? So what if that was Jayce's arcane power converter? The obsession of achieving his new ultimate goal, along with the elimination of his human emotions I feel would be enough to cause him become a "hypocrite" and steal the technology that would allow him to achieve his goal.

I agree completely though that this is such a complicated situation with the lore that it could have been handled better.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

He sounds pretty fun to play, and could maybe even make a viable backup carry.

Sovreign22

07-04-2012

And here I thought we were having problems with putting too much in one champion's kit... -.- Ohh well.

p.s.
Please put him and Victor in the same champion rotation, let them settle their problems on the field.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

What is this **** Riot??

Hakuho15

07-04-2012

tl;dr Viktor is a pu$$y

oh and Jayce looks so dooooshy

lastmeitei

07-04-2012

i am going to buy it awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devanstator

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipotent One View Post
Is it me, or does he look like Clark Kent?....
This is exactly what I thought when I first saw that splash art.