Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaxLover View Post
wtf are you talking about the lore 50% of the champion
it gives the characters a story and reasoning to do what there doing.. if you want to play a game with no story go back to playing MW3 multiplayer! dumbfuk
Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE lore in video games. But honestly this game is NOT dependent on it. Some champions they build around lore, some they don't! This one they didn't. And oh no, they insult Viktor.

Boo ****ing hoo. An underplayed champion had a wonderfully underhanded thing happen to him. I feel like that's somehow poetic.

Anyway, null issue. For people with actual brains, this won't matter.

Brother Of Dux

07-04-2012

Gaaaaaay

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machina Ex Domin View Post
Next time you go to play ANY CHAMP, consider their STORY of why they are fighting under YOUR WILL. Cause the next time you lose I know for a FACT that those toons are going to blame YOUR shoddy instructions that made them lose on the fields of justice.
You trolling bro? I don't need some little video game nerd comin' up in here tryin' to RP with me, ya hurr?

Thorwich

Recruiter

07-04-2012

Thanks for ****ting on Viktor for the sake of a new champion.
I am quite sure the community appreciates the effort.

Kersh

07-04-2012

It's so bland it huurts

Scareflare

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE lore in video games. But honestly this game is NOT dependent on it. Some champions they build around lore, some they don't! This one they didn't. And oh no, they insult Viktor.

Boo ****ing hoo. An underplayed champion had a wonderfully underhanded thing happen to him. I feel like that's somehow poetic.

Anyway, null issue. For people with actual brains, this won't matter.
:/ Having a different opinion =/= being brainless, thanks.

While it may not matter on a game-mechanical aspect, it will matter to plenty of people in terms of his likability- their image of this champ is now tainted by what they see as a wretched backstory that borders on crude fanfiction insulting a champ whose story they liked. This is going from what has been said from many people in this thread, rather than my own opinion.

I personally do look at a champion and will have a bias based upon non-game- mechanical factors, for the record.

Masochist

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvas View Post
:/ Having a different opinion =/= being brainless, thanks.

While it may not matter on a game-mechanical aspect, it will matter to plenty of people in terms of his likability- their image of this champ is now tainted by what they see as a wretched backstory that borders on crude fanfiction insulting a champ whose story they liked. This is going from what has been said from many people in this thread, rather than my own opinion.

I personally do look at a champion and will have a bias based upon non-game- mechanical factors, for the record.
That's your prerogative. It equates to being brainless because you can't enjoy the full game because you're caught up in lore that was really an afterthought anyway.

You can take it TOO seriously.

Solvip

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machina Ex Domin View Post
Whenever you play this game you should really remember the STORY that's behind it, people and creatures either joining or forced into fighting smaller battles to avoid causing another war. And these battles are fought by the wills of the SUMMONERS! US! the PLAYERS!

it is a game that is not dependent on anything that has to do with Lore..

"Hey we need a jungle"
- i don't pick ww because of his lore over any other jungler. I pick him because it fits the team comp better.

to say that lore fricken matters in this game is dumb. who cares... doesn't make a champ any better or any worse unless you try to live your life like you lived in this game and the champs are real people.. then you need some help.

benjamin9099

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
You trolling bro? I don't need some little video game nerd comin' up in here tryin' to RP with me, ya hurr?
You play LoL and you call other people who play it nerds?

Masochist

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin9099 View Post
You play LoL and you call other people who play it nerds?
Because that post was 100% serious.

I was trying to illustrate how his post was SLIGHTLY ridiculous.