Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

72 Pillars

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I hate his face and his lore making Viktor out to be a wimp - but his kit looks solid and quite likely extremely powerful on Dominion, I may pick him up anyway, just with the skin so I don't have to look at his face haha.
Wimp? When someone invades your lab with a gunhammer and you're losing, running away is acceptable.

Beats dying right?

KaOoodle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasqureMan View Post
Don't see anything wrong with the lore. And I've always read the lore of champs, but now people want to make a big deal about it why?

Don't downvote me, answer me.
It's because people who read the lore of characters are annoyed that Jayce's lore is both unoriginal and makes a champion look stupid and hypocritical. There are alot of ways they could have presented this hero that would have easily gotten the point across without slandering Viktor, they could have even said "a nameless villain stole his invention" and it would have been just as viable without hurting a beloved champ.

Vran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-04-2012

Yea!!! Ronaldo approaching to League of legends too! now we waiting for Leo Mess
i

MunchyPanda

07-04-2012

The people hating on Jayce dislike him for reasons that do not matter.

1: Don't like his lore
2: Think he is generic

Neither of these reasons affect the game in any way!

The reason to like him is obvious... That kit is amazing and I cannot wait to see where he fits into the meta game Looking forward to playing as this hextech gentlemen of Piltover. (My favorite city in this game)

justiceshannon

07-04-2012

We want urf!!!!!!!!!

JBreezyyy

07-04-2012

so will this pulsefire taric be coming out this week or next?

TooChill2Kill

07-04-2012

Lmao, you fkin nerds will ***** about everything omg. Viktor is evil, get over it, he has been consumed by the need to evolve people and technology. This lore isn't doing anything to Viktor's so called ''image'' that you idiots obviously have of him, HE'S EVIL, as people who are obsessed with something usually are, fkin cry babies.

xXS27Xx

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
Just seems that more people care about the lore than the fact that this is the 4th champion in a row that looks basically identical to the three before it. The lore doesn't affect anything, really (other than in your own imagination). The way the character looks certainly does.
Yeah... cuz the way a character LOOKS certainly affects the actual gameplay SO MUCH more ... /sarcasm (in case someone didnt get that)

Lady Shadowsong

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Sheogorath View Post
Lore:

Armed with wit, charm, and his signature transforming hammer, Jayce lives to protect his native Piltover. He rose to prominence as an inventor, one whose magnetic personality and innovative creations brightened the lives of his nation's people. However, his technological marvels also attracted the attention of Piltover's enemies. Viktor, the machine-augmented scientist from Zaun, staged a deadly raid on Jayce's laboratory. Barely impeded by the lab's meager security force, Viktor stole designs for an arcane power converter. Jayce was sure Viktor would use his technology to create devastating weapons. He implored the Piltover government to respond, but the officials were unwilling to support an act of aggression. He decided to take matters into his own hands, realizing that if he did not strike back now, Piltover would never be safe.

Jayce returned to his laboratory and began making preparations for his one-man attack. After an intense period of research, development, and hands-on testing, he emerged. He had created an array of powerful armaments, including his crowning achievement - the versatile, transforming Mercury Hammer. Armed and ready, Jayce began his assault, easily smashing aside Viktor's acolytes as they rushed to stop him. Jayce fought his way into the heart of the lab and confronted Viktor, forcing the Zaunite to flee. After destroying Viktor's prototype weapon, Jayce returned to Piltover where he was hailed as a hero. He reveled in the adoration, but he knew that his actions had provoked the nation's enemies. Now devoted to the defense of his people, Jayce is Piltover's best hope for a bright future.

''Trust me: if we're smart, Piltover can stand strong against any threat. Hey, I'm living proof.'' - Jayce
YOU REVEALED THE CHAMP WITH THIS LORE? srsly Riot wtf[/QUOTE]

Ahaha never read this before.i was wondering why people wer serious being over his lore.Anyway i have some weird feeling that we have Superman in League.

Lucina for SMASH

07-04-2012

Jayce = Superman
Viktor = Lex Luther

I'm slightly fine with this...