Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Char Custom

07-04-2012

31435435342598765432122 RP says hes OP.

Metallize

07-04-2012

So its coming out tomorrow, right?

Smokey Robots

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helexa View Post
Sigh. Between the lore and the meh character design (another blandly handsome male with a big weapon. Wowsas. Haven't seen such originality since Cait and MF got in a room together. At least they weren't released one after the other,) I'm starting to feel Runeterra is becoming more and more just a vague fantasy fan fiction wet dream.

The only thing interesting about this champion are his mechanics, it adds nothing to Piltover, Zaun, or the lore of the world at large. It doesn't even tell us anything about him other than he's super awesome except for being a total idiot and causing mass war but it's cool cause he's a good guy...? That was my best guess. Because it's hard to buy the good guys=100% good all the time always idea in the age of the anti-hero, even in watered down fantasy. So, if you don't even care about lore anymore just cut it out entirely. Just make interesting mechanics and call it day. That would be better than this "lore" work that wouldn't even be impressive enough to make a splash on deviantart.

Annie, Morg, Amu, heck compared to Jayce even Ahri all have more interesting character designs and lore. That doesn't mean they aren't stock, it doesn't mean they aren't cartoony, because they are. They however were presented in such a way that made them seem fresh even in the confines of general fantasy. They all have a slightly dark and subversive quality when looked at a certain way. At best Jayce has the quality of "Charmingly Dumb White Knight (who actually makes things much worse but he's handsome and witty so whatevs,) which, if you haven't caught on, isn't very appealing.

Again, Riot, I'm sure the mechanics are fun and he's a fine champ. However, don't half-ass the rest. Either present a good product or explain that the lore and design wasn't up to snuff, you'll release better stuff in the future but until then people can enjoy what you've got so far. This just looks lazy to me but meh, seems to be a successful business model so what do I know.
I really couldn't agree more. I mean, come ON! Varus, then Darius, then Draven, now this dude?

Maybe I'm just an Ezreal fanboy, but his lore is truly good lore for a human character:
Not some badass, just a kid who was told by everybody to study magic,
but he got bored of it and decided he'd explore the world. He got so good at exploring that he ended up finding a magical amulet which granted him modest powers.

Not some super-smart, super-charming, super-physically adept human being who also happens to invent world-changing machines and HAPPENS to prance around with a hammer and a cape basically trying to be a super hero.

Isn't Vayne already kind of Runeterra's Batman? And doesn't Caitlyn already have jurisdiction over Piltover?

Maybe ya'll should have made Jayce a Zaunite or something....

And what's with this broken mechanic of having a melee fighter also have amazing ranged abilities? Isn't that a little OP?

I mean most good melee champs are kind of built like Off-tanks. So that means that people will be able to build Jayce with that great melee fighter durability, then just pop over to ranged mode and basically have the range and most of the damage of a good carry while being really hard to hurt because of off-tank items.

Did anybody think about this? No? Maybe we shouldn't be combining the two most potent advantages in the game in to one champ?

Range wins because you can poke without being hurt, but the trade-off is you are squishy.

Melee wins because you get lots of durability while maintaining damage, but the trade-off is it's hard to get your hands on the raged champs hitting you.

WHY WOULD YOU COMBINE BOTH?! THAT CONCEPT IS BROKEN.

Queltomen

07-04-2012

Everything is pretty cool except how he looks ;/ Quite frankly I'm not fond of lol superman with a hammer

Ireliateyou

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTKD345 View Post
Obviously some didn't read the post explaining that huh?
I did and it's still fail lore. Even if Viktor seeks to create a "glorious evolution" by destroying a weaker city-state, he'd use his own technology to do so, not steal someone else's. And even then, he seeks to compete with other scientists - not wage war. The lore puts Viktor so out of character. D!ck Hardpec's lore is an insult to creative writing.

Cjhove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

This hero looks ****in retarded

why šo serious

07-04-2012

Come on release him, i wanna him now lol

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

i like him.

DarkePhysik

07-04-2012

Looking at his abilities I can already say this champion looks like he will be OP. He seems like a cool combination between urgot and lee sin.

Sir Sheogorath

07-04-2012

Still waitin' for that Riot post regarding his lore...