Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gordtogon

07-06-2012

unoriginal only original thing is his weapon change, hes got a free ghost with his ult hes gonna be another op champ to make all old champs useless, or just completely useless like taric now that hes ult is changed

Gordtogon

07-06-2012

Quote:
pentaRifts:
Hopefully he can kill teemo >: D

if the wind blows to hard it kills teemo

Cryptoxantin

07-06-2012

Quote:
Gordtogon:
unoriginal only original thing is his weapon change, hes got a free ghost with his ult hes gonna be another op champ to make all old champs useless, or just completely useless like taric now that hes ult is changed

remind me what happened to taric's ult

Jeremyls

07-06-2012

the passive only triggers on the ult... which is nothing more than changing from ranged to melee....

Sir Shadow Isles

07-06-2012

Quote:
Machina Ex Domin:
The concept is sound, it was the execution that made so many of us (including me) froth at the mouth and rage on the forums so hard some of us are near trundle status.

I think with a few slight tweeks we could see it much better, hear let me try.

Armed with wit, charm, and his signature transforming hammer, Jayce lives to protect the people and nation of Piltover. He rose to prominence as an inventor, one whose magnetic personality and innovative creations brightened the lives of the people around him. However, his technological marvels also attracted the eyes and attention of Piltover's enemies. Mechanical acolytes preaching the glorious evolution of Viktor, the machine-augmented scientist of Zaun, staged a deadly raid on Jayce's laboratory. Barely impeded by the lab's meager security force, the acolytes stole designs for an arcane power converter. Jayce was sure Viktor would use his technology to create devastating weapons. He implored the Piltover government to respond, but the officials were unwilling to support an act of aggression against Zaun. He decided to take matters into his own hands despite the governments warnings, realizing that if he did not strike back now, Piltover would never be safe.

Jayce returned to his laboratory and began making preparations for his one-man attack. After an intense period of research, development, and hands-on testing, he emerged. He had created an array of powerful armaments, including his crowning achievement - the versatile, transforming Mercury Hammer. Armed and ready, Jayce began his assault, easily smashing aside Viktor's acolytes as they rushed to stop him. Jayce fought his way into the heart of the lab and confronted Viktor, forcing the Zaunite to flee from the unknown technology that Jayce displayed. After destroying Viktor's prototype weapon, Jayce returned to Piltover where he was hailed as a hero. He reveled in the adoration, but he knew that his actions had provoked the nation's enemies. Now devoted to the defense of his people, Jayce is Piltover's best hope for a bright future.

''Trust me: if we're smart, Piltover can stand strong against any threat. Hey, I'm living proof.'' - Jayce

Love it, hate it, let me know. And if Riot and everyone else likes it Riot can go right ahead and use it. credit or no credit I could care less, I just want to see Viktor in a less dastardly dan light please.

I like the tweaks, but I feel like there should be a reason why Caitlin didn't respond. She was at the league at the moment, perhaps? I doubt she would sit idly by as something like this happened.

Doowen

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Someone should make an animated Series =)

Divine Sentient

07-06-2012

Welcome back Troll (DOTA)

Lyrdian

07-06-2012

fail 100th champion

passive is udyr + fizz, its becoming way overused.

model wise he looks to much like a city of heros/villains type deal, not a legend.

Saurogoth

07-06-2012

Quote:
Sodeh:
I assume you never played udyr or nid's before.

I have played against and with both of the characters you mentioned, and as long as you're naming these characters I'll even point out how Shyvanna, transforms into her dragon form, even Renekton and Nasus transform to a degree.
I'm also going to point out how these characters PALE in comparison to this new champion they're bringing out, and here's why: ALL of them have four set moves. Some even do additional effects when the characters transform, or give them extra perks, but these abilities and perks are not as versatile as Jayce's are and it will become a problem when they release him and people realize that he is unlike any other character they've faced that can transform.
Also these characters, save for Udyr, cannot transform until level 6 when their ult is achieved and thus players have a chance to do combat against them even during their transformation. Also Udyr does not perform transformations that cannot be handled with, and I have defeated many summoners who decided to use him in combat, so the point being made about how other characters can transform is true but to a point, and not to the degree that Jayce is at.
Jayce is able to activate his transformation at the beginning, can even get back mana with his passive effect with the ability 'Lightning Field' thus preventing the summoner to have to worry about mana regen, and he temporarily gains a weaker version of 'Ghost' each time he transforms. His techniques are very versatile yes, and if people didnt see my first comment about how I thought this was an interesting concept for a character, then you're hearing it from me now. I DO think this is a cool character, and that he has a great deal of potential...I just don't agree with this type of character in this game, it's already becoming greatly unbalanced with new character realeases, and I'm sorry, but this happens everytime a new champion is released because people always say "OMG this guy is going to be so cool to use" wait a couple days after and you see them contradict themselves by complaining how he's "too OP" or "Needs to be nerfed".
Jayce is cool but I'm not interested in what his story is, all I care about is how is this going to affect me and other summoners who go up against him, and how fair it is actually going to be facing such a 'versatile' and 'interesting' character. I'm waiting to go up against a summoner who purchases Jayce, or to fight along side one, because all of my comments are simply assumptions for now. But I guarantee most, if not all of my comments will be proven correct when we all see how unfair Jayce is going to operate on the fields of battle.
Cheers, Saurogoth

Cryptoxantin

07-06-2012

Quote:
Saurogoth:
I have played against and with both of the characters you mentioned, and as long as you're naming these characters I'll even point out how Shyvanna, transforms into her dragon form, even Renekton and Nasus transform to a degree.
I'm also going to point out how these characters PALE in comparison to this new champion they're bringing out, and here's why: ALL of them have four set moves. Some even do additional effects when the characters transform, or give them extra perks, but these abilities and perks are not as versatile as Jayce's are and it will become a problem when they release him and people realize that he is unlike any other character they've faced that can transform.
Also these characters, save for Udyr, cannot transform until level 6 when their ult is achieved and thus players have a chance to do combat against them even during their transformation. Also Udyr does not perform transformations that cannot be handled with, and I have defeated many summoners who decided to use him in combat, so the point being made about how other characters can transform is true but to a point, and not to the degree that Jayce is at.
Jayce is able to activate his transformation at the beginning, can even get back mana with his passive effect with the ability 'Lightning Field' thus preventing the summoner to have to worry about mana regen, and he temporarily gains a weaker version of 'Ghost' each time he transforms. His techniques are very versatile yes, and if people didnt see my first comment about how I thought this was an interesting concept for a character, then you're hearing it from me now. I DO think this is a cool character, and that he has a great deal of potential...I just don't agree with this type of character in this game, it's already becoming greatly unbalanced with new character realeases, and I'm sorry, but this happens everytime a new champion is released because people always say "OMG this guy is going to be so cool to use" wait a couple days after and you see them contradict themselves by complaining how he's "too OP" or "Needs to be nerfed".
Jayce is cool but I'm not interested in what his story is, all I care about is how is this going to affect me and other summoners who go up against him, and how fair it is actually going to be facing such a 'versatile' and 'interesting' character. I'm waiting to go up against a summoner who purchases Jayce, or to fight along side one, because all of my comments are simply assumptions for now. But I guarantee most, if not all of my comments will be proven correct when we all see how unfair Jayce is going to operate on the fields of battle.
Cheers, Saurogoth

You know all these points are valid, but i cant help thinking "stop complaining and just play him, or if your so but hurt dont. and keep quiet."