Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saurogoth

07-06-2012

this is an interesting, and original concept...but not the right one for this game. Everyone will select this champion because of his versatility, and his techniques come into question for me when I think about the gameplay fairness they possess.
To me a champion that can use their Ult right away is stupid, but for a champion to have seven techniques because they can 'transform' from a melee to a ranged character is just absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that the summoner basically gets the 'Ghost' ability with Jayce's passive, which gives him a speed bonus and ignores unit collision when he transforms. I questioned the character's mana capabilities, thinking that of course this transformation would cost handsomely, to prevent overuse. WRONG! Jayce has a passive in his ranged mode that gives him mana each time he hits an opponent, which means all he needs is attack speed and ability empowering techniques, maybe mix a little life steal here or there, and bam...indestructible god.
Riot needs to get it into their heads that new champions are quickly becoming too much and are over populating the games, so that while they're being dealt with (i.e. nerfed, buffed, ect...) their older characters are being ignored and are becoming outdated and useless. This Jayce champion, in my opinion, is the perfect example of Riot trying to make the game look flashy and new, but ultimately is making their game more one sided and unfair to play. I believe Jayce will not only frustrate summoners who go up against him but will ultimately lead to everyone snatching him up, JUST so they can compete with the players using him, which means a team without Jayce is screwed because they won't be able to fight a transforming champion.
This is all just my opinion on this champion and where it's leading Riot, and nobody might even agree with me but if anyone does then at least I'm not the only one thinking about how ridiculous this new champion is.
Cheers, Saurogoth

V A L E N T E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

In the last month we started to get some new cool features to LoL, which is great, and this comes exactly in the right moment where redundant actions like "new hero, patch, new hero, patch, new hero" can make many of us leaving LoL. I do wonder how these changes in the game impacted the numbers of players/games per day or in total, taking in consideration, also, other games which just hit the market, like Diablo3, or MaxPayne3, or that will do so soon, like DotA2.
Good job Riot, keep it up.

xxtty

07-06-2012

I don't get people's beef with the lore. Viktor was never said to be a nice guy. He isn't, but he has good motivations. Jayce does stuff that is seen by the populace as good, but in general, he's an arrogant ******bag. That's an interesting hero-villain dynamic. I know it may seem kinda one-dimensional in the bio, but come on guys, give the writers some slack, they have two paragraphs to use. It's kinda hard to do deep stuff in so little space.

Vånquish

07-06-2012

I played a game with him just now, that's all it took. I'll be buying him the second he comes out, he's incredibly good, very versatile, fast, his skill set flows amazingly well, he can be built numerous ways and always be effective, and he's just flat out fun. The most important factor of all! Fun, so **** fun. I'll be trying to main this champion.

xxtty

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnquish View Post
I played a game with him just now, that's all it took. I'll be buying him the second he comes out, he's incredibly good, very versatile, fast, his skill set flows amazingly well, he can be built numerous ways and always be effective, and he's just flat out fun. The most important factor of all! Fun, so **** fun. I'll be trying to main this champion.
Did he feel over or underpowered? I like the versatility of his kit, I like that he will be able to fulfill many roles, and I like that he'll take some skill in selecting which weapon to use at which time. My main concern is about his power level.

Ragnoor

07-06-2012

... he looks like a tool. but seems like a character. but he reminds me of the guy from Step Brothers who was gonna eat will ferrells junk like kobayashi...

zabrath

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnquish View Post
how did you play against him?

Creal

07-06-2012

*drools*

vexzownz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Jayce is like Kayle and Jax.

Kayle transforms from meele to ranged.

Jax leaps like a pro

Męw

07-06-2012

I don't like the lore, or main design of Jayce whatsoever...
and I really do wish we had something else for the 100th champion...
but, I want to try him out, because apparently he has one of the coolest kits and is super fun to play.