why bother nerfing so many chars and buffing so many more?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DREDMOR71

07-03-2012

to me it seems the games going down hill,to many nerfs and to many upgrades to many chars thart dont need it...sorry to sday but when guild wars releases i see this game being dead,to muvh messing with the game and deffinetly not for the good,since when should a caster out melee a true fighter face to face?well it happens all the time,gl and hope some common sence takes play in here somewere....

Shottymaster

07-03-2012

Thanks for letting us know that millions of people will instantly stop playing this game when GW2 comes out and this game will instantly die.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

That's what they said about a ton of other games that's come out while League has been running. People are still here. They nerf and buff people based on who's doing well and who isn't, I wish you would've given examples but you seemed to skip that part. They nerf and buff because they want more people to be viable, and to put more variety in tournament play as well.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-03-2012

And Guild Wars will be dead when the next Hello Kitty game comes out...

The games are completely different genres.

Keep in mind that your power is directly related to how well you've been doing that game, a notion called 'farming.' If you're not any gold, you're going to be doing horrible. That and skill discrepancies (where the player playing the caster is more skilled to you) explain many of the possibilities.

Another thing to keep in mind is item builds; if you're building silly items, you're going to do silly damage.

Not every champion fills a cookie cutter role; who are you to say you know exactly how every champion was designed to be played, or simply how well they play?

If people are going to be upset about balancing of the game, then in all honesty they weren't likely to have stayed around anyway.

TwistWrist

07-03-2012

Because we all know Guild Wars never has balance changes.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Because we all know Guild Wars never has balance changes.
I'm offended at the suggestion! Why would any game make changes for the health of the game that a single player might disagree with???

Coppermouth

07-03-2012

I don't think the OP understand that balance is necessary for the game to be healthy.
Riot tries their best to keep viability alive and to keep things fresh(which is why some champions are buffed again so they can be competitive again/equal to others).

LOL is a game that will always change/evolve as new champions/patches are released. In the end that makes LOL a far more interesting game, where in order to be successful, have to learn to adapt.