Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, @GD: Let's Talk About Xerath.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-03-2012

Quote:
Politicer:
Bump for answers. Remember his passive was supposed to change too....

Here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=21950556#21950556)'s why it didn't. I'll add this to the OP, if I can find a good place.

pikachuwei

07-03-2012

upvoted

At the current stage Xerath is worse than Eve. At least Eve can be a walking sight ward for your team =(

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-03-2012

Quote:
MrPoopyPants3:

A suggestion ( i didnt read yours but it was likely in there) If they want to make him a siege caster...give him 5-7 casts on his ulti then. 3 Casts is not good especially if you are trying to poke down your opponent and then you have no charges left when someone comes to gank you.

I actually don't have any legitimate suggestions in there. I was thinking about something like this, but the issue is, how do you balance it? You obviously can't just change the number from 3 to 6 and call it a day, that would be insanely OP in teamfights. In order to increase the number of charges you would have to introduce a delay timer of like 2-3 seconds so that you couldn't totally spam it. That means that his kill potential in lane drops pretty **** low.

I wonder if a system like Corki's would be any good?

Blaine Tog

07-03-2012

Bump.

If they really wanted to make Xerath into an artillery mage, they could've kept him as he was but switched his ult to an ammo system. You could still play him like a burst mage, but you could also space out your ult blasts if you wanted to provide more sustained damage, and there'd be less downtime between ults.

EDIT: Ooo, and another change that could be fun: increase the missile speed of his E and also increase its range to 900, but decrease the stun duration as it exceeds 600/1000 (and maybe increase it slightly as it drops below 600? It'd give bruisers a second thought when jumping on him). The one thing I disliked about playing Xerath when he was free was having to get into range to use his E; I always felt like I was wasting the range on his Q/R when I hit with my E or wasting my E when I tried to do Xerath's artillery thing.

PaintGhost

07-03-2012

bump

Bloomalicious

07-03-2012

Bump for justice.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-03-2012

All right, I have an ult idea:

You get 7-10 charges. You generate an ult charge every 10 seconds or something like that.

If you use the an ult charge, you can't use charge #2 for 0.5 seconds. If you use that second charge within a certain time limit (maybe like 10 seconds or something), you can't use #3 for 0.75 seconds. If you use #3 within the time limit, you can't use #4 for 1.25 seconds. So on and so forth.

It's a complicated system that I'm sure could be pared down, but it's an idea. I really don't want to use a mana based system though, because we all know how well that works out for swain/anivia/kassadin. Without blue, useless, with blue, OP as hell.

Astraltar

07-03-2012

As one of the ~47 Xerath players out there, I can confirm that he is below Eve in terms of usefulness at the moment.

I don't want a "siege" champion. I want my old "Lock down behind a wall and dunk nooblords" champion. Right now, I don't have either. What I have is a walking, visible sight ward that grants too much gold to the enemy team upon death.

There is no way to make Xerath balanced while these nerfs stand, unless his entire kit is reworked - which all 47 Xerath players don't want to happen. The best thing for Riot to do would be to completely revert him and then give him minor buffs; he was predictable even before the nerf. I can't play him until he gets fixed.

Docfreeman

07-03-2012

I don't necessarily say I dislike the idea of Xerath becoming a siege engine but they shouldn't have neutered him before they did it. They should have left him in his fun state till they reworked it. I feel like Riot has a team that works on champions and does a great job and another team that doesn't understand **** and ****s everything up repeatedly. Riot stop releasing unfinished and balanced products. If you want to rework a champion that's cool but leave them playable for those who enjoy them.

Kesaul

07-03-2012

Read every word, as someone who loves xerath dearly and has played him since release I couldn't agree more with your descriptions. You've put it fairly and eloquently, I only hope riot reads your post and understands.