@Riot, @GD: Let's Talk About Xerath.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimeZero

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Ok, I'm a bit overwhelmed by good guy Riot this week.

- Zyra Sneak Peak by Morello
- Eve Remake
- Twitch Remake
- Xin Remake
- Jayce Lore Change
- Xerath Ult Fix

Seriously, you are either becoming super open, super efficient, super nice and super good or you are plotting something really REALLY evil.
I smell a nerf to a bottomless abyss for Irelia! Morello has to channel his anger on something for all this goodness!!

Love My Tigera

07-12-2012

Hallelujah, my favorite champ has been resurrected. Gonna have to buy me some S.E.X now

Decoylegends

07-12-2012

yay for xerath

VirgilLoL

07-12-2012

I had the IP saved up to buy Xerath right before he got "broken" by the Draven patch.

I managed to save it and not spend it on Jayce.

I now feel comfortable spending it on Xerath as I had originally intended!

Thank you Riot!

Kesaul

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Ok, I'm a bit overwhelmed by good guy Riot this week.

- Zyra Sneak Peak by Morello
- Eve Remake
- Twitch Remake
- Xin Remake
- Jayce Lore Change
- Xerath Ult Fix

Seriously, you are either becoming super open, super efficient, super nice and super good or you are plotting something really REALLY evil.
I too am amazed, faith is being restored.

Thank you Riot!

Ancient Tower

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
FallTime Not really a technical term but what I am deeming the time delay between the visual effect starting to appear (the green expanding ring) and the actual damage being applied (the exploding lightning bits)

How Arcane Barrage functioned pre-change
FallTime = .25 seconds

How Arcane Barrage functions currently on Live
FallTime =.625 seconds

How Arcane Barrage will function on Live
FallTime = .5 seconds (This now starts at the same time as the CastTime)

What has changed There are two changes being made next patch.
1- The Falltime is being reduced to .5 seconds from .638 seconds.
2- The Falltime will start at the beginning of the cast bar instead of the end of the cast bar. This effectively shaves an additional .25 seconds from the time of button to the time on impact from the Live version.
First, thank you for the communication.

Ok, so with that quote, fall time appears to be the time in which the green(red) circle appears before the damage is applied (is that correct?). So the time where enemies can identify the ult, and begin to dodge it. Origianally it was .25 sec and in the upcoming patch it will be .5 sec.
My question is, will it still be easier to walk out of(dodge) than it was before? Right now it seems like the plan is that he can cast a hell of alot faster, but it still falls slowly, and subsequently dodged.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWERxHOLLOW View Post
First, thank you for the communication.

Ok, so with that quote, fall time appears to be the time in which the green(red) circle appears before the damage is applied (is that correct?). So the time where enemies can identify the ult, and begin to dodge it. Origianally it was .25 sec and in the upcoming patch it will be .5 sec.
My question is, will it still be easier to walk out of(dodge) than it was before? Right now it seems like the plan is that he can cast a hell of alot faster, but it still falls slowly, and subsequently dodged.
It'll make it easier to dodge than it was pre-nerf, but itll still be more difficult than it is now. The biggest thing is that the Xerath player won't have to aim it any differently than before. It's just that the enemy has an extra 0.25 seconds to react and use a movement ability, as opposed to having 0.5s to walk right out.

Neveulon

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neveulon View Post
I am a new player, not exactly good but as I come from the OG DotA scene I have some skills that I've put to good use in this game. I am coming up to my third IP champ buy and was considering Xerath until! I hear that his ult was nerfed to a 2 second cast time or something similar.

Xerath as I've seen and heard was actually pretty balanced despite Locus of Power making him a Re-deployable turret. The Arcanopulse and ult combo was actually pretty swell and he was easily counterable. Now with this (imho) unnecessary nerf, a quiet nerf to boot, he is almost useless now as his combo capability is now disrupted, and instead of being useful to teams and being well... As games are... FUN to play I don't think I can burst like that, and that was his main useful trait to burst and go into cooldown.

Hey I'm just a newbie player but honestly that was unnecessary, now until he's fixed hopefully I have to resort to reading more info watching more vids and playing more champs to decide who to buy next. Honestly though... PLEASE un-nerf Xerath.
this was from my own thread.

pikachuwei

07-12-2012

^ it means that on xerath players end it will feel like pre nerf ult but on enemy player end they get more time to dodge.

Basically now the green circle will appear earlier than pre nerf but the time it takes for damage to be applied is the same as pre nerf

Riot changed this because pre nerf unless ur called ahri u could not dodge the ults because effectively the green circle appeared for only 0.25 seconds before you were hit. Making the green circle appear earlier gives more chance for counterplay.

Phil Nye

07-12-2012

*Tears*