Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, @GD: Let's Talk About Xerath.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wimpy O o

07-03-2012

Agreed x50

However i'm prepared for xerath to be the new "Filler Pick" in scrims

MonkeyDGarp23

07-03-2012

Its pretty sad that as a Xerath and Veigar player, i get no love for either, both are **** tier for the most part in all maps and game modes

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-03-2012

Quote:
ScorchedToes:
I have to disagree with you on your key point, he was marketed and supposed to be a siege mage, and I agree with this, not a long range burst caster. Because this means either has to be weak or overpowered, a burst casters job is to basically instakill 1 target, having them be long range and fulfill this role ultimately is overpowered (being unable to retaliate or respond on the enemy's end) or be weak and not capable of instakill and end up sitting on your ass with a lowish health enemy walking away to get healed.

Well, my main point is basically that regardless of original intent Riot released a burst mage, one that all the Xerath players have grown to love. And now, 9 months later, they've decided that they want Xerath to be something completely different. Rather than actually changing him, they nerfed him into the ground, hence the frustration.

If they actually made a productive change we would at least have a playable champion, even if we didn't like the new playstyle. But the current champion is just straight-up unplayable.

I do agree, however, that what they marketed and what they sold are two different things. But ripping it out of your hands to "fix" it 9 months later? Rather bizarre.

Quote:
Something that could make him work is:
1) Make his ult something more like say 10 second cd single charge. Maybe a bit more dmg on that single charge.
2) Maybe make his locust of power be his ult (passive magic penetration, deploy for tankiness[MR & AR] and a lot range) swap Arcane Barrage to be a normal skill with ~medium cooldown (single charge), make his passive be more range or increased area of effect size on spells as he levels (similar to tristana). Then you have a good siege champion who isn't a burst caster.

Oh wow, I really like your idea #2. Give him 3 low-cooldown spells he can spam, and he gets uber lockdown mode at 6. Fantastic idea. I'm gonna start adding these to the OP soon.

DikWizard

07-03-2012

I played Xerath today and did not notice anything different with his ult. Maybe its only with his skins? Or maybe it does not happen if you smartcast?

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-03-2012

Quote:
K STYLEZ:
And too bad riot avoids Xerath threads like the plague.

Well, my hope with this one was to make it more of a discussion rather than rage based thread. For the past two weeks or so I have been bumping the rage threads with extremely salty and sarcastic comments and that clearly wasn't getting the Red's attention, so I'm hoping that this approach will work a bit better.

LouieTheHedgehog

07-03-2012

This is an excellent post, and as a Xerath player I completely agree with everything you said.

The ultimate delay also pretty much prevents Xerath from getting a kill in lane, even though his kill potential is basically limited to the range of his E and requires a second skill to hit to get the stun off.

With this change, I no longer see any no reason to play Xerath at all.

K STYLEZ

07-03-2012

Quote:
WarlordAlpha:
Well, my hope with this one was to make it more of a discussion rather than rage based thread. For the past two weeks or so I have been bumping the rage threads with extremely salty and sarcastic comments and that clearly wasn't getting the Red's attention, so I'm hoping that this approach will work a bit better.

They probably do read most of them, but I feel no one has the knowledge atm to give a straight answer. I just wish they would handle this situation better. If this happened to a champ like ahri it would be addressed or fixed by now.

But Xerath just needs to be reverted back to the way he was, at this point I don't even care about the "buffs".

Kesaul

07-03-2012

A sad fact is that even if Riot does read this excellent thread, no company likes to admit they went about a change the wrong way, Riot particularly ignores threads that discuss changes to their own changes.

LouieTheHedgehog

07-03-2012

Quote:
Kesaul:
A sad fact is that even if Riot does read this excellent thread, no company likes to admit they went about a change the wrong way, Riot particularly ignores threads that discuss changes to their own changes.

The thing is, they're doing more damage to their credibility just by allowing this change to exist.

What we're thinking right now: Wow, Riot just basically ruined a champion that sees very little play, hasn't been touched and has had no reason to be touched for 9 months. Wtf?

What we would think if they fixed it: I guess Riot actually read our pleas and sent the changes to Xerath back to be looked over again.

SaloMeirul

07-03-2012

Red comment