Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

One of my teammates was sexist scum

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felaedor

07-03-2012

Quote:
Sollyrn:
This kind of ****ty atttitude is why sexism is such an issue, people just view it as a part of life. If you got half as much **** as females get, you'd be pretty pissed about stupid stuff like this.

And this is where the anonymity of the internet takes over.

If you take anything someone you have never met and will never meet says seriously, you're either new here, or doing it wrong.

It's not worth getting worked up over stupid **** like that.

sugarcrotch

07-03-2012

he is prolly 12 years old and trying to revive the sexist memes... just report him and you know you can screencap pre/post game chats and send a ticket to riot support right?

Mizarus

07-03-2012

Quote:
Sollyrn:
This kind of ****ty atttitude is why sexism is such an issue, people just view it as a part of life. If you got half as much **** as females get, you'd be pretty pissed about stupid stuff like this.

Sad thing is people think guys dont get **** all the time aswell

Beelzenic

07-03-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgVgYjadIgg

White knight central needs this more than ever.

Thousand Petals

07-03-2012

Oh come on....don't be so upset. You should have just ignored him when he started talking like that. Don't let it ruin your game. You're the one who made that your name... you had to have had some kind of idea that you'd be getting attention (wanted or unwanted) from it.

Satan Fingers Me

07-03-2012

Some guys, no class. I swear. But its the internet. Gotta grow a thick skin.
I mean look at my name. I get called that all the time. But I carry those games.

krimsonKasper

07-03-2012

Quote:
Felaedor:
You'll live.

^ Reason I feel girl gamers are toxic, they can't handle **** talking. Internets full of trolls and kids, get over it and go on with your life.

Centuros

07-03-2012

Just explain to him that you are not a girl and see what his reaction is (it doesn't matter if you are or not, I would just be curious how he would react)

Slender Panda

07-03-2012

Quote:
Felaedor:
And this is where the anonymity of the internet takes over.

If you take anything someone you have never met and will never meet says seriously, you're either new here, or doing it wrong.

It's not worth getting worked up over stupid **** like that.

Regardless of whether or not YOU specifically meant it (you probably did and are backtracking due to realizing you got called out on it), there are thousands of people who think that that kind of attitude is perfectly acceptable. Sexism is so ingrained into our way of life, that most people don't even realize how bad it has become. Your comments like earlier, or the comments the guy made in the game, are toxic and only reinforcing the idea that it's ok.

Slender Panda

07-03-2012

Quote:
krimsonKasper:
^ Reason I feel girl gamers are toxic, they can't handle **** talking. Internets full of trolls and kids, get over it and go on with your life.

You also need to take into account that from birth and onward, girls and boys are both trained incredibly differently. Males are taught to be tough, swallow sadness, don't cry, man up. Girls are taught be emotional, be kind, be gentle. If you were raised with that type of coaching, you'd be upset about it too.

Once people stop trying to force specific gender roles on their kids, then you'll see it erased, but until then you need to realize that girls are raised differently than you are.