Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FIX for stuck at 33% (Jayce Patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathShadow0111

10-14-2012

I have 2 accounts in my computer and 1 is administrator and 1 is not (its a standard user)(which is for my brother). now when he tries to open the game in get stuck and it gives this error
unspecified error occurred. please check the logs for more information.
can any one help me.
if i make the other account administrator it worked but i don't want to let my brother to have access to some of stuff. and i tried this and it still didnt work. help?

Zair Umbras

10-15-2012

This thread is dead. You need to run the program as administrator to get it to work which only requires you to type in your password after you right click on the launcher and go to 'Run as Administrator'. You'll have to type in the password every time he wants to play if you don't have him as the admin.

DeathShadow0111

10-16-2012

I have tried that to but it still give me the same error.
I right click on the launcher and run as administrator. it should give me a massage that admin have to right his/her password in but it doesn't!

Agatio

Recruiter

10-17-2012

Quote:
DeathShadow0111:
I have 2 accounts in my computer and 1 is administrator and 1 is not (its a standard user)(which is for my brother). now when he tries to open the game in get stuck and it gives this error
unspecified error occurred. please check the logs for more information.
can any one help me.
if i make the other account administrator it worked but i don't want to let my brother to have access to some of stuff. and i tried this and it still didnt work. help?

Let this thread die. ask in a thread you made if the following info doesn't help.

Quote:
Tomshardware_random_forums_user:
If you still have a problem with running the program or saving
settings on limited accounts, you may need to change permissions on
the registry keys. Run regedit.exe and go to HKLM\Software\vendor\app,
where "vendor\app" is the key that the software vendor used for your
specific program. Change the permissions on this key to allow Users
full control.

Although be sure to not change anything if you aren't willing to do a complete reinstall(If you don't keep backups. A surprising amount of people don't). I've had that happen to me. Luckily enough, I am/was(and did).

This post was in '05 so I'll try to see if it still works, step by step.

Regedit.exe... I have that!(open start menu and type "Regedit.exe". Press enter.)

He says HKLM, but on my vista machine(When the newest they're talking about is XP) the closest thing seems to be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Cool, I'll try that one.

Look, there's one that says Software, pick that!

Scroll through my list of entities who made the software I'm using. Found Riot Games.

After a brief check through both folders inside, neither have anything worth noting...

And this is where my knowledge fails..
Let this thread die in peace. Open a new one. Please do NOT reply.

DeviousMax

12-04-2012

Thank you so much dude!