Always lose lane with vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeclub

07-03-2012

Recently when I play vayne I just feed, I don't know what it is but I lose. I start boots and 3 pots because vayne lacks no "good" escape and I usually don't get sustained supports. My runes are standard ( ad reds, blue mr/lvl and arm seals) except I use life steal quints. I have tried 21/0/9 and 21/9/0, I don't really know which is better. I prefer 21/9/0, but I max e, q then w. I generally land my e the problem is laning. I just can't get to the cs without dying. I generally just get poked to death and I play very defensive early I just can't get to the cs when someone is aggressive. I have tried ALL the supports except taric and nunu. So I just don't know what to do, I do well with ashe, graves, corki etc. So I am not new to adc's I just get destroyed when I have an aggressive laning foe. any honest tips? I was thinking maybe it's my positioning, but I do very well with other adc's so I don't really know. I might buy flat hp quints not sure if that'll help though. The problem is not team fighting or 1 vs 1ing it's all just getting to cs and doing decently during the laning phase. Thanks again
Edit: My build is fine it is the one used by doublelift.

XCodes

07-03-2012

IIRC, Vayne has the worst early-game among the common RADC's. Short range, no poke, poor escape, and a very difficult-to-land stun. Honestly, laning with Taric will probably help a lot. Taric's Stun and Armor Aura/Debuff will help Vayne do damage early-game, and a little healing helps offset her short range.

I think the expectation of Vayne players is that they'll almost certainly lose the lane, but if they keep it close then Vayne will be incredibly hard to stop late-game.

EDIT: I'm not speaking as a Vayne player, I'm speaking as a Support player that mains Soraka and plays a lot of Taric.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Hmm not sure what to say, my laning is usually fine with vayne. Seems like a positioning issue to me.. i understand if it was a match up issue.

I think part of it is that you dont realize when your enemy is going to poke you? That might also be due to your support... If im playing with say a taric and i know someone is coming in for a poke (who has better range) i would expect that my taric also recognizes that and stuns him, i get an auto attack off and E him out of range..

There really shouldnt be a reason for someone to just poke you at will without you being able to relatiate some how (there are some champs you dont want to exchange with at start though)... Also, when you are going in for a CS be mindful of how close it is to them... i try to get an auto attack off against whoever im laning if i see them coming in for a CS close to me (they will be focused on getting the CS, thus giving me a window to attack the)... that way they will think about it twice. I also keep in mind that i might be poked at when im going in for a CS close to the enemy.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
IIRC, Vayne has the worst early-game among the common RADC's. Short range, no poke, poor escape, and a very difficult-to-land stun. Honestly, laning with Taric will probably help a lot. Taric's Stun and Armor Aura/Debuff will help Vayne do damage early-game, and a little healing helps offset her short range.

I think the expectation of Vayne players is that they'll almost certainly lose the lane, but if they keep it close then Vayne will be incredibly hard to stop late-game.

EDIT: I'm not speaking as a Vayne player, I'm speaking as a Support player that mains Soraka and plays a lot of Taric.
i kind of agree with this. I dont think people expect to lose with vayne, but they are aware that a BT + Zeal + Tier 2 AS boots put in a lot of dmg.

I use some Armor Pen runes as well. I'm always confidednt about my chances when i have BT + Zeal.

eezoh

07-03-2012

I've got about 100+ games played with vayne.

She can do pretty well against ADs with no mobility (ashe, kog, etc.). After you get to a certain point you can just engage on them.

Against others, its all about survival. I personally like soraka, sona, janna so you can just sit at tower and farm. Max Q and use it to reset your AA timer to ensure farm. Freeze the lane just before tower if possible. After you can get BT, play more aggressively as you can duel most other ADs at this point.

Against an aggressive lane, try to push it early so you can cs more easily. Eventually it'll push back, but it'll get you decent farm in the mean time.

If you have trouble against graves or cait, then start cloth x5. It's not optimal, but it will keep you alive.

Finally, give up cs that will cost too much health to get, and don't let the other AD get free damage on you.

kavinh the third

07-08-2012

um vayne from my experience is kinda different from other ranged ads u can't sit back and be passive u need u and ur support to go aggressive from the start. Her low range makes passive play a bad option cause u'd get harassed but her high damage throughout the game makes her a pretty strong nuker early game.

Dennis912

07-08-2012

If ur taking lots of harass then janna or soraka is best idea for support ali as well they can all negate dmg and ali and janna can flip the harass in lane very quickly also if you arent playing with a duo partner bot you are missing out on the true potential of the lane when those positions are on the same page it is devastating to a random matched partner.