Sending Messages to people in-game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NibblerPup

09-02-2010

Hey all. If someone on your friendlist is in game, how do you send a message to them? I know it's possible 'cause my friend is always doing it to me, but he refuses to tell me how to do it. Do I just open a chat window and type normally or do I have to put in some sort of / code first?

ChiefyZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

You mean the /r playername command? I thought that was broken. >.>

Unless you mean he was out of a game and talking to you from the pvp.net client, or...he was in a game at the same time as you. o.o

NibblerPup

09-02-2010

He was out of game, I was in game.

Perennial

09-02-2010

????

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-02-2010

if some one just talked to you, then /r and their name will automatically pops up
otherwise, it is /r playername chatmessage

GBolt 0

09-02-2010

Yeah, once upon a time it used to work. When I was in-game, I just had to "/msg" a friend to chat. But after a while it started telling me that I wasn't connected to PVP.net so I gave up.

Elan Tedronai

09-02-2010

To answer OP, yes, just open up a chat window with them and start typing normally. If they are in game they will get the message and can reply to you with /r

Soochers88

09-03-2011

I keep seeing people say "OP" in reference to people, what does this mean? I know that it means "overpowered" when referring to characters but I don't understand the way you are using it.

Lucky Status

09-03-2011

/r

Matthew21210

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soochers88 View Post
I keep seeing people say "OP" in reference to people, what does this mean? I know that it means "overpowered" when referring to characters but I don't understand the way you are using it.
Original Poster