Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sending Messages to people in-game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NibblerPup

09-02-2010

Hey all. If someone on your friendlist is in game, how do you send a message to them? I know it's possible 'cause my friend is always doing it to me, but he refuses to tell me how to do it. Do I just open a chat window and type normally or do I have to put in some sort of / code first?

ChiefyZ

09-02-2010

You mean the /r playername command? I thought that was broken. >.>

Unless you mean he was out of a game and talking to you from the pvp.net client, or...he was in a game at the same time as you. o.o

NibblerPup

09-02-2010

He was out of game, I was in game.

Perennial

09-02-2010

????

D0llSlght

Recruiter

09-02-2010

if some one just talked to you, then /r and their name will automatically pops up
otherwise, it is /r playername chatmessage

GBolt 0

09-02-2010

Yeah, once upon a time it used to work. When I was in-game, I just had to "/msg" a friend to chat. But after a while it started telling me that I wasn't connected to PVP.net so I gave up.

Elan Tedronai

09-02-2010

To answer OP, yes, just open up a chat window with them and start typing normally. If they are in game they will get the message and can reply to you with /r

Soochers88

09-03-2011

I keep seeing people say "OP" in reference to people, what does this mean? I know that it means "overpowered" when referring to characters but I don't understand the way you are using it.

Lucky Status

09-03-2011

/r

Matthew21210

09-03-2011

Quote:
Soochers88:
I keep seeing people say "OP" in reference to people, what does this mean? I know that it means "overpowered" when referring to characters but I don't understand the way you are using it.

Original Poster